Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder
Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

4.3

on 12/28/2017 3:15:00 PM

This is a basic good powder if you don't bake, because when i baked with this powder i got the worst flashback underneath my eyes, but it's good for just dusting over your face real quick if you're not into baking. My skin tends to get very oily and i have acne and acne prone skin, and like many other powders, i got oily by 12 pm.

on 12/8/2017 12:01:00 PM

i really love this setting powder. i use it to set my undereye area and it keeps my concealer in place all day. it doesn’t settle into the creases under my eyes which is amazing. i use it lightly all over my face on days that my skin is oily and it keeps me matte all day. the only drawback is, as everyone has said, the flashback. it is AWFUL. no amount of blending can help. it’s great for every day wear but definitely steer clear of flash photography.

I really do like this loose setting powder. I use it 2 ways, the first being to set my undereye concealer with a damp BB, the second to set my whole face with a large fluffy brush. It works for both very well. I find that it keeps my makeup in place and keeps the oily spots on my forehead and nose nice and matte. It dies have a nice blurred pore effect that I almost never find in a powder. It also doesn't settle into my smile lines, nor into the little fine lines underneath my eyes. The only reason I don't give this 5 lippies is two-fold. It has small particles of sparkle in it, which is a bit noticeable when seen up close. The second reason is because the flashback on this powder is BAD! I've never experienced flashback with a face powder before until this. I was at my hubby's holiday party recently where they had a pro photographer. I ruined every shot I was in because my face was distorted from the flashback going on. So to summarize, I will keep using this because it looks fantastic IRL, but for photography I'll stick to other powders. Will repurchase and do recommend.

on 11/14/2017 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

It sets my makeup fine but its very fine and tends to fly everywhere. I have dry skin and for some reason this powder dries out my skin way more then any other powder Ive tried, but its still a good powder for the price.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I really love this. I have super oily skin and this helps alot

I just picked this up on a whim and I've used it everyday. It blends nicely and does what it says. Well worth the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

People are saying this is a dupe for the Make Up For ever HD Powder. Having owned both... It is most definitely not!! This is a great powder, but it is nowhere near as fine and silky and translucent as the MUFE powder. Look at the ingredients. The Maybelline master fix is talc, silica, and silicone. The HD powder is 100% silica. So the best dupe for that is the NYX HD loose powder which is also 100% silica and behaves exactly like the MUFE powder.

Now that I've cleared that up, I am totally okay with this powder. I don't think it blurs whatsoever, but it is a great setting powder (and even a finishing powder) for all areas of the face. It's very matte and controls oil well. You don't need much. Don't bake with it or you'll look like a ghost. If you do over-apply it, spray your face with Fix+ or your favorite dupe and it will melt into your face and look beautiful. What i do is put on my primer and foundation, then conceal the areas I want to conceal, then use this powder with my damp sponge to set my under eyes. Then I use a powder brush to set my whole face with this. Like I said you don't need much so use a light hand. I then do my contour and blush, then spray the Elf setting spray heavily to make it all melt together. This way my face doesn't look powdery, it looks very airbrushed and luminous.

The packaging is okay, a simple sifter, but this stuff will get everywhere if you're not careful. It was $10 in my local CVS which is an okay price now that I've used this for awhile, but when I initially paid that price I was kinda bummed considering there were a ton of other powders there for under 10 bucks. Maybelline is raising their prices in general lately though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin and have tried numerous setting powders. Two face primed was most recent which turned into gritty, nasty mess! I was in awe when I looked at my makeup and looked perfect for at least 6-7 hours which is s record. I have used urban decay setting spray in past and not impressed UNTIL I used with this product. I think Mac Pro longwear, set with maybeline master fix and a spray of urban decay all nighter is the makeup cocktail that I have search long and hard for. YAY!!!

on 3/2/2017 10:12:00 AM

A great product. With only using BB+concealer+and this powder I can look polished and glowy. I'm working in an environment where we couldn't wear obvious/thick makeup or in other words no-makeup makeup. Anyway this powder is perfect. And I'm also loving the affordable price. Will def buy this product again.

on 8/19/2016 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really like this powder. As in all of my reviews, I like to state that I wear minimal makeup. That is one of the reasons I enjoy this powder so much. All I wear for face makeup is primer, concealer and this powder. I use it to set my concealer, and it works very well for that. My under eye concealer does not crease for 12+ hours. Since I only wear minimal makeup, this is a wonderful product for my needs. I am always on the hunt for products that can blur, fill in pores, and leave me with a beautiful finish without adding layers of texture to my already textured skin. This product does all the above. I love how lightweight it is and fact that it's translucent is even more of a positive for me. I have very oily skin and will sometimes touch up once during the day if my shine is out of control. I was extremely impressed with how much powder is packed into that little container. I bought a second one because I thought i was almost out, that was three weeks ago and I still haven't opened the new one lol. As other reviews have stated it can be messy, but what loose powder can't be, right?

pros:
-lightweight on skin
-sets concealer beautifully
-cannot be seen on skin
-allows me to mattify without the dry lol
-a lot of product is in the small container
-easy to find, sold in most stores that carry makeup

cons:
-messy, and can pour out fast