Maybelline New York Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Maybelline New York Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder
Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose PowderMaster Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

4.3

TALC, SILICA, DIMETHICONE (F.I.L. D177986/1)

on 9/2/2018 6:55:00 PM

I have oily skin and this powder definitely helps my foundation stay on all day. It's definitely super mattifying. However, the flashback is horrible.. I would never wear this to any event where photos were being taken. I wouldn't buy this powder again, I'd rather look for another one and perhaps invest in a more expensive powder with no flashback. I think for someone with oily/combonation skin a setting powder is something to invest in

on 1/6/2019 10:19:00 PM

This is amazing, both in terms of performance and price point. It's finely milled and a translucent white colour, so provided I'm not too heavy-handed with it, it sets cream or liquid foundations well without an obvious powdery finish. Perfect for mattifying without completely hiding the base under powder - so for glowy/dewy make-up, that sheen is still visible but like it's got a translucent veil over it. Used with a puff it can look too much of a stark white colour as the puff picks up and deposits too much - it leaves a cast if there's lots on the face. With a soft and fluffy brush, it blends and spreads easily with a silky quality to it and, so long as you don't load the brush with tons of it, doesn't leave an obvious white cast.

The packaging isn't great, however - lots of powder will get into the space below the lid easily and if I'm not careful, it can get everywhere when I open the lid. It doesn't come with a puff inside - probably because it goes on too heavy using one - but I've ended up putting one in there anyway just to keep it from making a mess when I come to use it. The holes beneath it are too wide for such a finely milled powder as it does float around a lot, so the puff helps keep more of it in the compartment underneath. However, I can live with bad packaging so long as the product is good, and this one definitely is. Just be sure to use it sparingly - a little goes a long way.

I've been a Makeup Forever HD Powder junkie for years and I've been looking for a drugstore dupe for such a long time. This works as well (if not better) than MUF. It keeps my under eye concealer in place and when I set my whole face with it, I feel like it makes my skin look flawless.

I just really wish that these loose powders at the drugstore could figure out a way to have a sifter that closes... But I figured out that you can put a round compact sponge in the sifter tray to keep it from being so messy.