Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder
Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Does not control oil. Was oily within 1hr. It's also so fine that it flies everywhere. Hate it.

on 11/14/2017 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

It sets my makeup fine but its very fine and tends to fly everywhere. I have dry skin and for some reason this powder dries out my skin way more then any other powder Ive tried, but its still a good powder for the price.

on 12/14/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Update 2017:
I can use this just fine as a FINISHING powder to take shine away slightly by sweeping a small amount of it on my t-zone and under eye or all over.

NO BAKING. You can't pack this silica powder on because translucent doesn't mean invisible. If you pack it on your makeup will look dull and ashy, and I imagine you will also get an ugly flashback in pictures.

Used sparingly it doesn't break me out and doesn't add a lot of texture to my makeup.

I don't think it blurs anything, which is why I give it an average rating.

on 10/10/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am apparently the lone dissenter regarding repurchase--i would not. I started using Ben Nye neutral set back in 2004 and finally the colorless powder thing has caught on. This does a good job of setting my makeup. It is lightweight--so much so that when i go to apply, a big cloud of noxious powder smoke puffs up. It would be nice to have an adjustable sifter on this. So i am going to tape over some of the holes in an effort to shrink the smoke cloud. I do not like the smell of this product. One of CG's powders smells like cat litter. Guerlain Meteorites has that violet scent which was a dealbreaker for me. This powder has a burnt-plastic odor that i find unpleasant. I will try to use this up but planning to go back to colorless pressed Rimmel powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

People are saying this is a dupe for the Make Up For ever HD Powder. Having owned both... It is most definitely not!! This is a great powder, but it is nowhere near as fine and silky and translucent as the MUFE powder. Look at the ingredients. The Maybelline master fix is talc, silica, and silicone. The HD powder is 100% silica. So the best dupe for that is the NYX HD loose powder which is also 100% silica and behaves exactly like the MUFE powder.

Now that I've cleared that up, I am totally okay with this powder. I don't think it blurs whatsoever, but it is a great setting powder (and even a finishing powder) for all areas of the face. It's very matte and controls oil well. You don't need much. Don't bake with it or you'll look like a ghost. If you do over-apply it, spray your face with Fix+ or your favorite dupe and it will melt into your face and look beautiful. What i do is put on my primer and foundation, then conceal the areas I want to conceal, then use this powder with my damp sponge to set my under eyes. Then I use a powder brush to set my whole face with this. Like I said you don't need much so use a light hand. I then do my contour and blush, then spray the Elf setting spray heavily to make it all melt together. This way my face doesn't look powdery, it looks very airbrushed and luminous.

The packaging is okay, a simple sifter, but this stuff will get everywhere if you're not careful. It was $10 in my local CVS which is an okay price now that I've used this for awhile, but when I initially paid that price I was kinda bummed considering there were a ton of other powders there for under 10 bucks. Maybelline is raising their prices in general lately though.

on 3/2/2017 10:12:00 AM

A great product. With only using BB+concealer+and this powder I can look polished and glowy. I'm working in an environment where we couldn't wear obvious/thick makeup or in other words no-makeup makeup. Anyway this powder is perfect. And I'm also loving the affordable price. Will def buy this product again.

on 7/22/2016 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really awesome translucent setting powder. I have combo oily skin and use this to set my undereye concealer; it does a nice job of preventing creasing under my eyes. The only con for me is the messy packaging. Every time I dip my brush into the powder and tap off the excess, a cloud of smoke goes everywhere. Other than that, this is a great setting powder! Highly recommend it!

on 2/17/2016 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been looking for a product that would set my makeup more securely- especially because my skin is on the oily side, so I wanted to make sure my makeup wouldn't slide around my face too much. I'm so glad I picked up this powder! It's really helped control the oil and shine on my face, and it's helped keep my foundation from sliding around during the day. I find that it also helps with securing concealer to the under-eye area, as it even helps with troublesome creasing issues.

I have not had many other powders in the past, as I have never liked the feeling of them on my face, or felt as though they made much of a difference. With this, I can see the results, it helps my makeup stay put for hours without worrying.

The only drawback is how messy it has a tendency to be when trying to access it- perhaps less holes in the top so that the product doesn't spill out so quickly? Other than that though, the powder itself works very nicely.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I really love this. I have super oily skin and this helps alot

I love this setting powder. I use it everyday because it gives me a smooth complexion. The downside is I believe they are discontinuing this product, so trying to get you hands on it is quite difficult and also pricey. Only down side is I notice it does lighten my foundation a bit with I didn't mind. Now the new version had a color tint, which has it's pro's and con's. Basically I like it more than the older version but I do find it difficult to find the right shade