Maybelline New York Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

Maybelline New York Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder
Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Does not control oil. Was oily within 1hr. It's also so fine that it flies everywhere. Hate it.

on 9/2/2018 6:55:00 PM

I have oily skin and this powder definitely helps my foundation stay on all day. It's definitely super mattifying. However, the flashback is horrible.. I would never wear this to any event where photos were being taken. I wouldn't buy this powder again, I'd rather look for another one and perhaps invest in a more expensive powder with no flashback. I think for someone with oily/combonation skin a setting powder is something to invest in

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
-It does mattify and prolong foundation wear
-does somewhat blur imperfections
-prevents creasing pretty well (I use it in the under eye area as well, and I apply it with a brush)
-gives a natural finish, not excessively matte
-for me it prevents foundation from oxidizing, and lightens it up ever so slightly, which I like because I have very pale skin and any bit of oxidation shows like crazy

Cons:
- a lot more product could fit in that packaging
- the packaging makes it impossible to transport, it flies away and gets everywhere unless I shove a tiny powder puff in between the lid and the jar, but product still gets wasted
- also flies and spreads everywhere when you try to shake a little powder into the lid, again there's a lot of product that gets wasted
- quite pricey

I'm a little disappointed that when u buy something the container is twice the size it needs to be. This one was LESS than half way full. Why?? The container is nice though.

on 12/28/2017 3:15:00 PM

This is a basic good powder if you don't bake, because when i baked with this powder i got the worst flashback underneath my eyes, but it's good for just dusting over your face real quick if you're not into baking. My skin tends to get very oily and i have acne and acne prone skin, and like many other powders, i got oily by 12 pm.

on 11/14/2017 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

It sets my makeup fine but its very fine and tends to fly everywhere. I have dry skin and for some reason this powder dries out my skin way more then any other powder Ive tried, but its still a good powder for the price.

on 12/14/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Update 2017:
I can use this just fine as a FINISHING powder to take shine away slightly by sweeping a small amount of it on my t-zone and under eye or all over.

NO BAKING. You can't pack this silica powder on because translucent doesn't mean invisible. If you pack it on your makeup will look dull and ashy, and I imagine you will also get an ugly flashback in pictures.

Used sparingly it doesn't break me out and doesn't add a lot of texture to my makeup.

I don't think it blurs anything, which is why I give it an average rating.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This powder works wonders when it comes to setting your face. It doesn't provide an ashy flashback (at least for me, a person with a medium deep skin tone). A light dusting is all you need and your makeup will stay put (for the most part). It might transfer if you are a bit oily skinned. Overall a good setting/finishing powder.

on 12/8/2017 12:01:00 PM

i really love this setting powder. i use it to set my undereye area and it keeps my concealer in place all day. it doesn’t settle into the creases under my eyes which is amazing. i use it lightly all over my face on days that my skin is oily and it keeps me matte all day. the only drawback is, as everyone has said, the flashback. it is AWFUL. no amount of blending can help. it’s great for every day wear but definitely steer clear of flash photography.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really do like this loose setting powder. I use it 2 ways, the first being to set my undereye concealer with a damp BB, the second to set my whole face with a large fluffy brush. It works for both very well. I find that it keeps my makeup in place and keeps the oily spots on my forehead and nose nice and matte. It dies have a nice blurred pore effect that I almost never find in a powder. It also doesn't settle into my smile lines, nor into the little fine lines underneath my eyes. The only reason I don't give this 5 lippies is two-fold. It has small particles of sparkle in it, which is a bit noticeable when seen up close. The second reason is because the flashback on this powder is BAD! I've never experienced flashback with a face powder before until this. I was at my hubby's holiday party recently where they had a pro photographer. I ruined every shot I was in because my face was distorted from the flashback going on. So to summarize, I will keep using this because it looks fantastic IRL, but for photography I'll stick to other powders. Will repurchase and do recommend.