Maybelline New York Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Maybelline New York Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder
Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose PowderMaster Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

TALC, SILICA, DIMETHICONE (F.I.L. D177986/1)

on 2/17/2016 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been looking for a product that would set my makeup more securely- especially because my skin is on the oily side, so I wanted to make sure my makeup wouldn't slide around my face too much. I'm so glad I picked up this powder! It's really helped control the oil and shine on my face, and it's helped keep my foundation from sliding around during the day. I find that it also helps with securing concealer to the under-eye area, as it even helps with troublesome creasing issues.

I have not had many other powders in the past, as I have never liked the feeling of them on my face, or felt as though they made much of a difference. With this, I can see the results, it helps my makeup stay put for hours without worrying.

The only drawback is how messy it has a tendency to be when trying to access it- perhaps less holes in the top so that the product doesn't spill out so quickly? Other than that though, the powder itself works very nicely.

on 7/22/2016 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really awesome translucent setting powder. I have combo oily skin and use this to set my undereye concealer; it does a nice job of preventing creasing under my eyes. The only con for me is the messy packaging. Every time I dip my brush into the powder and tap off the excess, a cloud of smoke goes everywhere. Other than that, this is a great setting powder! Highly recommend it!

on 8/19/2016 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really like this powder. As in all of my reviews, I like to state that I wear minimal makeup. That is one of the reasons I enjoy this powder so much. All I wear for face makeup is primer, concealer and this powder. I use it to set my concealer, and it works very well for that. My under eye concealer does not crease for 12+ hours. Since I only wear minimal makeup, this is a wonderful product for my needs. I am always on the hunt for products that can blur, fill in pores, and leave me with a beautiful finish without adding layers of texture to my already textured skin. This product does all the above. I love how lightweight it is and fact that it's translucent is even more of a positive for me. I have very oily skin and will sometimes touch up once during the day if my shine is out of control. I was extremely impressed with how much powder is packed into that little container. I bought a second one because I thought i was almost out, that was three weeks ago and I still haven't opened the new one lol. As other reviews have stated it can be messy, but what loose powder can't be, right?

pros:
-lightweight on skin
-sets concealer beautifully
-cannot be seen on skin
-allows me to mattify without the dry lol
-a lot of product is in the small container
-easy to find, sold in most stores that carry makeup

cons:
-messy, and can pour out fast

on 12/14/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Update 2017:
I can use this just fine as a FINISHING powder to take shine away slightly by sweeping a small amount of it on my t-zone and under eye or all over.

NO BAKING. You can't pack this silica powder on because translucent doesn't mean invisible. If you pack it on your makeup will look dull and ashy, and I imagine you will also get an ugly flashback in pictures.

Used sparingly it doesn't break me out and doesn't add a lot of texture to my makeup.

I don't think it blurs anything, which is why I give it an average rating.

on 3/2/2017 10:12:00 AM

A great product. With only using BB+concealer+and this powder I can look polished and glowy. I'm working in an environment where we couldn't wear obvious/thick makeup or in other words no-makeup makeup. Anyway this powder is perfect. And I'm also loving the affordable price. Will def buy this product again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This works really well. You don't have to use a lot and you get a lot of product. I also use it in combination with the setting spray for extra makeup staying power.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Use it to bake daily. It's so fine and smooth. Makes me look poreless. It can be a tad difficult to blend out the baking with this when I go in super heavy but using a setting spray really helps absorb the additional left over product.

on 10/10/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am apparently the lone dissenter regarding repurchase--i would not. I started using Ben Nye neutral set back in 2004 and finally the colorless powder thing has caught on. This does a good job of setting my makeup. It is lightweight--so much so that when i go to apply, a big cloud of noxious powder smoke puffs up. It would be nice to have an adjustable sifter on this. So i am going to tape over some of the holes in an effort to shrink the smoke cloud. I do not like the smell of this product. One of CG's powders smells like cat litter. Guerlain Meteorites has that violet scent which was a dealbreaker for me. This powder has a burnt-plastic odor that i find unpleasant. I will try to use this up but planning to go back to colorless pressed Rimmel powder.

I love this setting powder. I use it everyday because it gives me a smooth complexion. The downside is I believe they are discontinuing this product, so trying to get you hands on it is quite difficult and also pricey. Only down side is I notice it does lighten my foundation a bit with I didn't mind. Now the new version had a color tint, which has it's pro's and con's. Basically I like it more than the older version but I do find it difficult to find the right shade

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I really love this. I have super oily skin and this helps alot