Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder
Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

4.2

Maybelline is one of my favorite drugstore brands and so I was excited to test out this product.

The Maybelline Master Fixt Setting+Perfecting Powder is good for an everyday use. I find myself reaching for it on a daily basis. It's affordable and does an incredible job at mattifying and making the skin appear poreless. My crater-like skin looks super smooth with the application of this product.

However, it is not a good setting when taking pictures or for special occasions. It does leave a white sheen across the skin and has terrible flashback in pictures.

I know I said it leaves a white sheen but the white sheen isn't too noticeable. I just won't be wearing this product for pictures ever. I'm definitely repurchasing it when I run out because of the affordability of it and its ability to do its job.

on 11/14/2017 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

It sets my makeup fine but its very fine and tends to fly everywhere. I have dry skin and for some reason this powder dries out my skin way more then any other powder Ive tried, but its still a good powder for the price.

on 10/10/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am apparently the lone dissenter regarding repurchase--i would not. I started using Ben Nye neutral set back in 2004 and finally the colorless powder thing has caught on. This does a good job of setting my makeup. It is lightweight--so much so that when i go to apply, a big cloud of noxious powder smoke puffs up. It would be nice to have an adjustable sifter on this. So i am going to tape over some of the holes in an effort to shrink the smoke cloud. I do not like the smell of this product. One of CG's powders smells like cat litter. Guerlain Meteorites has that violet scent which was a dealbreaker for me. This powder has a burnt-plastic odor that i find unpleasant. I will try to use this up but planning to go back to colorless pressed Rimmel powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Does not control oil. Was oily within 1hr. It's also so fine that it flies everywhere. Hate it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I really love this. I have super oily skin and this helps alot

I love this setting powder. I use it everyday because it gives me a smooth complexion. The downside is I believe they are discontinuing this product, so trying to get you hands on it is quite difficult and also pricey. Only down side is I notice it does lighten my foundation a bit with I didn't mind. Now the new version had a color tint, which has it's pro's and con's. Basically I like it more than the older version but I do find it difficult to find the right shade

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Use it to bake daily. It's so fine and smooth. Makes me look poreless. It can be a tad difficult to blend out the baking with this when I go in super heavy but using a setting spray really helps absorb the additional left over product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

People are saying this is a dupe for the Make Up For ever HD Powder. Having owned both... It is most definitely not!! This is a great powder, but it is nowhere near as fine and silky and translucent as the MUFE powder. Look at the ingredients. The Maybelline master fix is talc, silica, and silicone. The HD powder is 100% silica. So the best dupe for that is the NYX HD loose powder which is also 100% silica and behaves exactly like the MUFE powder.

Now that I've cleared that up, I am totally okay with this powder. I don't think it blurs whatsoever, but it is a great setting powder (and even a finishing powder) for all areas of the face. It's very matte and controls oil well. You don't need much. Don't bake with it or you'll look like a ghost. If you do over-apply it, spray your face with Fix+ or your favorite dupe and it will melt into your face and look beautiful. What i do is put on my primer and foundation, then conceal the areas I want to conceal, then use this powder with my damp sponge to set my under eyes. Then I use a powder brush to set my whole face with this. Like I said you don't need much so use a light hand. I then do my contour and blush, then spray the Elf setting spray heavily to make it all melt together. This way my face doesn't look powdery, it looks very airbrushed and luminous.

The packaging is okay, a simple sifter, but this stuff will get everywhere if you're not careful. It was $10 in my local CVS which is an okay price now that I've used this for awhile, but when I initially paid that price I was kinda bummed considering there were a ton of other powders there for under 10 bucks. Maybelline is raising their prices in general lately though.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This works really well. You don't have to use a lot and you get a lot of product. I also use it in combination with the setting spray for extra makeup staying power.

I just picked this up on a whim and I've used it everyday. It blends nicely and does what it says. Well worth the price.