Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder
Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

4.1

on 12/28/2017 3:15:00 PM

This is a basic good powder if you don't bake, because when i baked with this powder i got the worst flashback underneath my eyes, but it's good for just dusting over your face real quick if you're not into baking. My skin tends to get very oily and i have acne and acne prone skin, and like many other powders, i got oily by 12 pm.

on 12/8/2017 12:01:00 PM

i really love this setting powder. i use it to set my undereye area and it keeps my concealer in place all day. it doesn’t settle into the creases under my eyes which is amazing. i use it lightly all over my face on days that my skin is oily and it keeps me matte all day. the only drawback is, as everyone has said, the flashback. it is AWFUL. no amount of blending can help. it’s great for every day wear but definitely steer clear of flash photography.

I really do like this loose setting powder. I use it 2 ways, the first being to set my undereye concealer with a damp BB, the second to set my whole face with a large fluffy brush. It works for both very well. I find that it keeps my makeup in place and keeps the oily spots on my forehead and nose nice and matte. It dies have a nice blurred pore effect that I almost never find in a powder. It also doesn't settle into my smile lines, nor into the little fine lines underneath my eyes. The only reason I don't give this 5 lippies is two-fold. It has small particles of sparkle in it, which is a bit noticeable when seen up close. The second reason is because the flashback on this powder is BAD! I've never experienced flashback with a face powder before until this. I was at my hubby's holiday party recently where they had a pro photographer. I ruined every shot I was in because my face was distorted from the flashback going on. So to summarize, I will keep using this because it looks fantastic IRL, but for photography I'll stick to other powders. Will repurchase and do recommend.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Maybelline is one of my favorite drugstore brands and so I was excited to test out this product.

The Maybelline Master Fixt Setting+Perfecting Powder is good for an everyday use. I find myself reaching for it on a daily basis. It's affordable and does an incredible job at mattifying and making the skin appear poreless. My crater-like skin looks super smooth with the application of this product.

However, it is not a good setting when taking pictures or for special occasions. It does leave a white sheen across the skin and has terrible flashback in pictures.

I know I said it leaves a white sheen but the white sheen isn't too noticeable. I just won't be wearing this product for pictures ever. I'm definitely repurchasing it when I run out because of the affordability of it and its ability to do its job.

on 11/14/2017 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

It sets my makeup fine but its very fine and tends to fly everywhere. I have dry skin and for some reason this powder dries out my skin way more then any other powder Ive tried, but its still a good powder for the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Does not control oil. Was oily within 1hr. It's also so fine that it flies everywhere. Hate it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I really love this. I have super oily skin and this helps alot

I love this setting powder. I use it everyday because it gives me a smooth complexion. The downside is I believe they are discontinuing this product, so trying to get you hands on it is quite difficult and also pricey. Only down side is I notice it does lighten my foundation a bit with I didn't mind. Now the new version had a color tint, which has it's pro's and con's. Basically I like it more than the older version but I do find it difficult to find the right shade

on 10/10/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am apparently the lone dissenter regarding repurchase--i would not. I started using Ben Nye neutral set back in 2004 and finally the colorless powder thing has caught on. This does a good job of setting my makeup. It is lightweight--so much so that when i go to apply, a big cloud of noxious powder smoke puffs up. It would be nice to have an adjustable sifter on this. So i am going to tape over some of the holes in an effort to shrink the smoke cloud. I do not like the smell of this product. One of CG's powders smells like cat litter. Guerlain Meteorites has that violet scent which was a dealbreaker for me. This powder has a burnt-plastic odor that i find unpleasant. I will try to use this up but planning to go back to colorless pressed Rimmel powder.

I just picked this up on a whim and I've used it everyday. It blends nicely and does what it says. Well worth the price.