MAC velvetease lip pencil

No Image

on 10/5/2017 7:57:00 AM

This lip pencil is phenomenal - I don't think it gets the recognition it deserves!

I got this as part of a 2 for 1 offer on National Lipstick Day in the shade Anything Goes. I went there to buy Craving, a plummy shade, but this was the real winner.

First of all, I love the bright pinky red colour (a bit pinkier than the Red Necessity in the Huggable line). The lip pencil is thin enough to define the outline with precision but thick enough to go on smoothly and quickly. Coverage and pigmentation are very good. It is matte and weirdly enough, not as dry as I expected.

The best part is that it stays on for ages. There is always some colour left after lunch, although I do reapply it then. But in general it is one of the most long-wearing lipsticks I own.

It is a pity that no other shade appeals, as I would happily buy more.

on 2/20/2016 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I purchased this in 'Aim to Please' from the MAC website without trying it in a store first. They described it as a 'dirty mauvey brown' which is RIGHT UP MY ALLEY! My favorite lipstick from MAC is Del Rio which is just that. Anyway, I've been wearing this for 2 days straight and I love it enough to get a backup, but I will not be trying other colors as I now know what works for my NW45 skin tone. This is matte, thin and comfortable on the lips but you can layer it for more dramatic color. It lasts all day, you must reapply after eating of course but it remains comfortable. I didn't even need lip balm underneath. The best part about this is you can just twist up the pencil when you get a bit lower which is genius! The only thing I hate about the NARS pencils is all the product wasted in sharpening. Solid product from MAC. I will certainly repurchase.

on 1/11/2016 3:59:00 PM

MAC discontinued their retractable lip liners a couple of months ago. This is sort of the replacement. I say sort of because it is fatter than a typical lip pencil, so it is meant to be used all over the lip. As a liner, it draws a line that is somewhat thick. It retails for $20US, and comes in 12 shades. I got it in Oh Honey, which reminds me of MAC's famous Spice lip liner, so I suspect if you like Spice, you will also like this one. MAC describes it as a warm chocolate, which is an okay description. Staying power is good, but it's also pretty drying, so I wear it under liquid lipstick to increase longevity and in some instances, darken the liquid lipstick.