Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

3.9

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 12/21/2018 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Loveeeeeee this bronzer, stays on and is the perfect color!! BUT the only thing is that it breaks me out, I’ve been using it for a year and I started noticing that my random breakouts were in the same spot that I put the bronzer. So I stopped using this one and the breakouts stopped. I’m assuming it has to do with the SPF that is in it. :( sad because I won’t be able to use it from now on

on 9/27/2018 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like this bronzer. I have a Too Faced bronzer and a Tarte bronzer and I think I prefer the physician's formula bronzer. I just started wearing bronzer on a regular basis about a year ago and I think this butter bronzer is great for people who are nervous about bronzers turning them orange or looking cakey

This bronzer goes is lightly pigmented which is great in my opinion. I can build it slowly until I get the amount of pigment I need, rather than getting a bunch of pigment right at the start and having to blend like a crazy person trying to tone it down.

The color is great. Not too orange or too brown, looks just like a natural sunkissed glow. Oh and it's not too sparkly either, it has just the right amount of shimmer. Don't really have an opinion on the scent. It's not offensive but I could live without it. The applicator it comes with is silly, I have no idea how that thing is supposed to be used. I tried it once and I just made a streaky mess. However a nice bronzing brush makes this bronzer go on beautifully. I would repurchase

on 8/22/2018 12:50:00 PM

I was looking for a new bronzer that wouldn't break the bank as my Rimmel one was running low and boy am I glad I picked up this baby. It really does go on buttery soft. It's very finely milled and is very easy to blend. It's a nice, subtle colour that's easy to build, in my opinion. Yes, the packaging is a bit large and the applicator that comes with it is pretty much useless, but that doesn't bother me, even though I'm on the road a lot and need to bring an additional brush along with this. The coconut smell that some people have complained about also doesn't bother me. I actually find it quite pleasant. If you have a richer skin tone, this probably won't work for you. But if you have light to medium skin, I think the shade range is fine.

EDIT : I'm editing my review and taking off some lippies, because I dropped my bronzer the other day (literally from a one foot high surface onto a hard wood floor) and it completely shattered. So I guess it's extremely fragile and YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT DROP THIS PRODUCT EVER! Mine is currently sitting in a small dish while I try to use it up very quickly. I'm not sure I would buy it again. I love the product, but the packaging desperately needs to be changed.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I'm NC 35-40 and have this bronzer in Deep Bronzer which is not too cool or warm. Not orangey either. I love to use this to give some warmth to my face after foundation.

The formula is soft and blends really well into the skin. I don't find that it applies patchy at all. I use a angled brush that I bought from big lots to apply onto my face.

In regards to the scent, I don't hate it and I don't love it. Would be a plus without the scent but it's ok since I don't find it to be really strong and it goes away after a while.

The packaging is cute but way too bulky. I could make do without the extra bulkiness. It seems all their compacts are like that. I wish they would take the hint and reduce the bulkiness. Maybe that will reduce the price too. I bought mine at CVS and they're selling it for $16.79. Kinda pricey for a DS bronzer if you ask me. But I always get it for less there with the ECB.

I definitely repurchase and am thinking about getting the color Bronzer to compare. Of course I'm gonna use coupons..lol

I reach for this more than my Bobbi Brown bronzer which I also love. Definitely recommend giving this a try and you can always return if you don't like it at places like CVS and Riteaid.

on 5/8/2018 1:35:00 PM

Bronzer is not my favorite product to spend big $$$ on, but it's a necessity for me - I'm olive-skinned and in warm weather, my body will get darker than my face, so I need it to even everything out a bit. I have tried about 6,457 versions of all makeup items except bronzer, and I generally stick to Too Faced chocolate soleil. But I got bored, as one does, and picked this up.

I have this in Bronzer (very thoughtful name) and apply with the EcoTools Bronze Buki brush (which I LOVE). Yeah it's heavily scented. It doesn't bother me...but it's HEAVILY scented. I can only smell it during application though. I hate the packaging: it's ugly, bulky, and has that useless extra compartment with a bizarre sponge applicator thingy.

Now the good stuff. This is the perfect texture. It's kind of creamy, and not that pigmented, so you don't live in fear of creating a delusional version of yourself where you look like you fell face-first in a sand dune vs. having spent the day at the beach. (I speak from experience.) Yet it can also be built up without creating mountains of texture on your skin. I really appreciate that versatility. There is no shimmer but it's not an entirely flat finish either. It gives the burnished texture of skin that has actually been hit by the sun. The tone is spot on - not too warm as to look super fake, and not too cool as to look like a contour shade. It's affordable (still at the high end of drugstore prices though). Lasting power is good and it doesn't change color throughout the course of the day. It hasn't irritated my skin or broken me out (never a guarantee).

In combination with the Bronze Buki brush, it allows me to bronze AND subtly sculpt my face at the same time. I definitely recommend this (if you're not sensitive to strong scents). I like this better than the Too Faced, tbh. It just makes the whole thing so....easy.

on 4/21/2018 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

BEST matte bronzer. Would have thought this was high end. It can be used as a contour as well. It blends soooo easily with a fluffy brush. I looks natural, never orange or shiny. I have Kat Von D shade and light pallet but I always reach for this to contour instead 🤷🏽‍♀️ I can’t help it. It’s so beautiful. Oh, and I love the smell.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

There's no denying the beauty of this bronzer. There's now 4 shades of this and the tones are quite lovely, better than some high end bronzers, and have a very natural satin finish. Not so matte it looks dry or flat and the subtle sheen isn't very obvious and looks like skin. My personal favorite shade for my sallow, yellow slightly green toned is the regular "Bronzer" shade as it has more of a brown tone rather than a red or peachy tone(which against my skin looks like a blush). It reminds me a lot of the perfect marriage of NARS Laguna or the Balm's original Bahama Mama but at a drugstore price. For this reason, I like the tone more than I do other bronzers of similar depth since it's warm but not red or orange or peachy which is what I like to see in a bronzer. The light bronzer is lighter but more peachy/warm in my opinion and the sunkissed bronzer is more red which doesn't look very natural on me as a bronzer. The deep bronzer is deeper and a bit warmer than I like but sadly doesn't go very deep, so I'm sure those with deep skin would not be able to try a butter bronzer sadly. I feel this bronzer looks really natural and makes skin look radiant. For me, bronzers are more for adding life to skin and maybe a bit of a look of a tan, but not for contouring. This bronzer lasts a surprising amount of time on bare skin for all the butters it has and lasts even better on top of foundation, primers, powders, and with setting spray. The butters and other emollients must be what gives this product such a creamy powder feel. It glides well over anything and even very dry wind-chapped skin, which is impressive.
However, aside from the relative lack of depth to these shades, I do have some problems with the formula. First of all, since it has a lot of butters/thicker emollients in it, which can imitate sebum on the skin and cause break outs, which it does on me. Another thing is the fragrance. I know a lot of people like the experience of it and you can love it or you can hate it but it's quite concentrated. The volatile molecules used for this fragrance can be inflammatory on skin and damaging which is why i wouldn't recommend this especially for sensitive or acne prone skin unless used only occasionally. I find after wearing it that it does make my acne worse even when I wear it on my body and there's concern for the damage that might not be visible on the naked eye. However, it is pretty enough that I would use this product for special occasions, such as my wedding day or something of that sort. I don't love or hate the packaging much, it's a bit cutesy and a little too oversized much like other PF products. It has a bit of a weird foam/cushion looking applicator which might work in a pinch on the go but I'd rather use a bronzer brush or a portable brush than use the applicator that comes here. This isn't really a product that I think requires touch ups either so I think the compartment with the applicator is mostly useless. However, the price is right to at least try it and for just special occasions.

I don’t normally write a review but the hype is real... buttery texture, beautiful natural glow, smells phenomenal. My new HG and I will definitely buy it again.

on 12/6/2017 11:16:00 PM

The packing becomes flimsy over time. The smell is soooooo good! And the color is perfect for my skin tone b

on 7/28/2017 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Had to return because didn't show up at all on my medium skin even thought I was using the darkest shade of the 2. Also, smelled waaaaaaaaaay too strong like a chemical, artificial fruity smell.