Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

3.8

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 12/28/2018 12:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I like the formula but the packaging is absolute garbage and the brush that comes with it is totally useless. I mashed the bronzer and repressed it into an empty mac powder compact so problem solved. It’s easy to blend and the shade bronzer is nice for my nc10 skin. I like the slight sheen that it gives as well but I’m not into the heavy scent it has although it’s not unbearable.

on 5/7/2018 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I am on the fence with this one. After reading all the raving reviews, I decided to try it out. I am a bit disappointed. Firstly: the scent. It is a very strong, nauseating coconut scent. I am not a fan of coconut and I can usually get over scents in makeup when I get used to them. This one: not so much. I tried to air it out but that didn't help much. I now keep it in a ziplock bag so it doesn't stink up my whole makeup drawer! I don't understand why they gave this bronzer such a heavy perfume, it can't be healthy for the skin either. But scent aside: it's the product that counts. And it doesn't. The shade (I purchased the shade 'bronzer' because the light one is reaaaally light I heard) is nice and suitable for my fair skin, I love that it is matte but not uber matte so it looks drying. But somehow it always applies patchy. After foundation I set with a loose powder, but whatever powder (or brush) I try underneath, this bronzer won't apply the way I want it to. The package (as always with Physicians formula) is way too bulky, but the powder itself is nice and creamy to the touch. However, I can't get it to work for me. I am still trying different ways to use it, and the price is okay. Will give it some time and then decide to keep it or not.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been wanting to try this for a really long time since it has such a cult following, but have held out because $14 is really high for a drug store product, in my opinion. When I saw the whole Physicians Formula Section on clearance at my grocery store today, I scooped up the last one in the light bronzer shade for $7. Score! I just tried it and it’s so pretty and looks super natural on the skin. My only complaint so far is the strong fragrance, I can still smell it on my skin. I think I will use this all the time if I can get past the smell; it’s natural enough to use all over my face for a natural glow. One tip- I have seen this for about $11 at Bed Bath and Beyond, and if you use the 20% off coupon, it will cost around $8-9; which is probably the lowest price you will find this awesome product.

Love this bronzer! Perfect for my pale skin and smells amazing like coconuts. The colour pay off is great. The brush it comes with is useless but other than that this is a great product.

on 2/7/2018 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Clunky packaging, beachy scent. I bought this in the shade Light. It's a great color for very fair skinned women. Better than Benefit Hoola (although I haven't tried Hoola Lite) and better than Too Faced Chocolate Soleil. This goes on so naturally! It's the perfect bronzer for those who don't want to look overdone.

on 2/4/2018 8:29:00 AM

I tried both the light and regular. Both were too pale and shimmery. They emphasized wrinkles and texture.

The fake sunscreen smell does fade after a while but occasionally you can catch a whiff throughout the day.

THE RUBBERY SPONGE APPLICATOR IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN. I feel extra bad for women who don't know to throw it away and use a brush.

on 1/28/2018 4:05:00 PM

I know this is kind of a cult product but I don’t like it. It applies patchy to my face! I’ve never had that happen.

on 1/17/2018 6:39:00 PM

This review is for the Light version of this bronzer.
I’m fairly pale (N18) and never wear bronzer. I tried this because it got great reviews and honestly, I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to be without it now. I use it as a light contour around the edges of my face and under cheekbones and the difference it makes to my skin is crazy. There’s no glitter particles at all in it, not even very tiny ones, but it does somehow give a lit from within glow. Being pale, I don’t think having a tan is “healthy” the way a lot of people do, but this bronzer doesn’t make me look tan at all. It just defines and makes my skin look fantastic.
It doesn’t have an orange undertone, so is perfect for ladies with cool complexions. It does have quite a strong coconut scent so if you’re sensitive to fragrance in your products, you may want to give it a miss. The texture is just divine, it is soft and buttery, but not a cream, so it can be swept on easily with a brush. The sponge applicator that comes with the product is rubbish though.
It’s so light and buildable, even a total bronzing amateur like me can’t mess it up.

on 1/9/2018 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$14.95. for .38 oz. I got the color Sunkissed which is more warm toned like the light color. Deep and Bronzer are more cool toned.

Description from Physiciansformula website:

Product Benefits
What It Is: Ultra-luxurious bronzer, infused with Murumuru Butter, delivers a radiant Brazilian goddess glow! Incredibly creamy and soft texture combines the best features of a powder and cream bronzer, to deliver a lit-from-within tropical glow unlike any other.

Hypoallergenic. Paraben Free. Gluten Free. Cruelty Free. Oil-Free. Non-comedogenic. Dermatologist Approved.

Why It’s Good For You: Packed with essential fatty acids and pro-vitamins that soften, condition and moisturize skin, leaving it silky soft. Ultra-rich bronzer formula instantly melts into skin, sealing-in moisture to deliver instant and lasting hydration. Features ultra-refined pearl and soft-focus pigments that smooth skin texture, brighten skin tone and deliver a gorgeous bronze finish.

Key Ingredients: Infused with a powerful blend of Murumuru Butter, Cupuacu Butter and Tucuma Butter, from the lush and nutrient-rich Amazon.

Ingredients:

May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

The packaging reminds me of the Milani baked blushes compacts. Big, bulky and a useless compartment in the bottom that just makes it clunky. the appearance isn't bad if you like South Beach, Key West types of looks, but I sure would never call it classy or sleek but it's not all that bad. The bottom opens up, just like Milani baked blushes, but instead of having a brush it has a totally useless sponge thing with a plastic handle.... what were they thinking?. It also has a small mirror in the bottom. I would have preferred they made it slimmer, left the bottom compartment off and put the mirror in the top or just eliminated it and charged less. I rarely use mirrors on products unless it is my pressed powder compact in my purse.

First I will address the fragrance and yes, it is strong. When you open it, you smell it immediately. I knew this and this is why I hesitated on this for a while because I did NOT like the way it smelled. It smells like pure coconut, strong coconut. I really thought that I would end up returning this because I don't like heavy fragrances on my face. However, within 5-10 minutes after applying the scent was gone on my face. It does not linger long. I don't care for the scent of coconut in beauty products of any kind and especially on my face near my nose and I don't know why they thought it would be good to put a heavy coconut scent in this. I hope they get enough complaints and that they reformulate it and lose the fragrance because the product itself, despite the clunky packaging, laughable applicator and heavy scent is so good.

This has no glitter, no shimmer and applies like a dream. It is is not very pigmented.... but this can be a good thing for me because I have lots of bronzers that are too pigmented and they sit in the drawer unused. Since they discontinued my Armani Sheer Bronzers I have never found one that I liked as much as those. The ones I use the most now are Nars Laguna and Benefit Hoola but I don't love either. I finally hit the pan on both of them. I usually only use Laguna at night because of the shimmer, and Hoola can sometimes look too orange or like my face is dirty. I like it, but it seems to look better on me when I have no foundation on. I use them to get rid of them... but I don't love either.

The Butter Bronzer so far is showing a lot of promise. The formula is very nice. I haven't tried it yet with all of my foundations, tinted moisturizers, BB creams but I have with several and on my face with no foundation it looks very nice and natural. So far the scent is subtle. Honestly, its gone from my face in 10 minutes or less..... time will tell if it becomes obnoxious after a while. I don't apply it heavily, if you do, the scent may linger longer. The colors Light and Sunkissed have more pink/red in them, warmer tones, the colors Bronzer and Deep are more cool toned. Bronzer looked dirty on me, the color was not good so I got Sunkissed which on me looks exactly how my skin looks if I got some sun.

If you are extremely sensitive to fragrances, have allergies, etc. I would probably suggest you pass on this one. I consider the fragrance in the compact and while applying strong. Some love the smell of it some hate it. I'm not fond of it at all, but like I stated before, it doesn't linger too long on my face and I do very much like the product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first I was a bit sceptical about the amount of shimmer, but there are no big glitter particals in it. It’s a really nice sheen. The scent is pretty strong though. On my NC15 skin you get a nice flush of warmth. I think it’s a really great bronzer and I like that it’s not to dark and you can build it up. This is the only bronzer that I can see at the and of the day on my oily skin. Even the benefit hoola lite was gone at the end of the day I couldn’t see it anymore! But this bronzer i love it.