Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.2

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 10/24/2018 3:18:00 AM

First of all I love the scent. It literally transported me to Brazil. That smell of the product is so nice. It feels like a nice creamy texture and glides so easy over my cheeks. The color lasts whole day despite the heat here( we're right on the Equator, you guys). The scent lasts long enough and I swear I could use this a body cream/lotion! It feels so soft and good on my skin . I love the colorful tropical packaging. I`m def changing brands this season when it comes to bronzers, for sure. This is going to be my HG now. Recommend? Yes, buy!

on 8/27/2018 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Well, this one was a starter for my contouring & highlighting (HAC) kits. As the price was quite friendly with my wallet. So I could try & test my HAC technique without being broke before I mastered it.

After tried&tested for quite some time (more than a year). I think I love it. The color of this bronzer is look good on my skin. Neither orange nor gray. (FYR, I'm Asian, with a light-medium skin tone, warm undertone, NC30-35). I even got a compliment on first time using it that my face (my makeup) looked good.
It also works well with my friends' who has a fairer skin, pink undertone , and another one who has a little darker skin tone. But I've never had a chance to apply it to some of a very deep skin tone yet.

The coconut-like smell is quite strong. But I don't find it offputting. The product is fine milled which I like. But I hate the sponge that comes with it. So I use some other bronzer brush instead. I start applying it with light handed , add some more if I think that's not enough. Finish result is viola for someone who leans on subtlety like me. Like nobody would detect it from a far. Or even when they come close to you. But it makes my face more defined. And I look good both in person and also in photos.

Compared to the Hoola, Benefit, this one is my most fave bronzer.

Because it never fails me so I have to carry it around with me when I'm travelling as well. Oh.. this is when I wish the packaging would be more tough and sturdy.

But when I look at the price, the quality, the result and I still have most of the product left after one year using it (2-3 times a week). I'm not complaining!

(I'd like to give it 4.5 lippies but don't know how to do the half :D)

on 4/21/2018 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The absolute best overall bronzer!!! I reach for it over most of my high end products!! Not orange and not gray-perfect for all skin tones! And best part it’s cruelty free!

on 1/21/2018 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great bronzer, slightly higher in price than other drugstore brands ($20). The smell is quite strong, if you love the smell of coconut you will like it. I would buy a different bronzer from this brand next time as I have heard they are all very good, I would just find one unscented.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Really expensive (like $25 CAD when I bought it) for what it is, a drugstore bronzer - but yes, these things:
- it's the smoothest bronzer I've ever used, almost creamy - comparable in texture to my Mac Studio Fix Powder
- pretty packaging (those tropical vibes! Turquoise and purple look great with warm bronzy colours!)
- mirror + applicator sponge thing (I found it useless though - took off foundation for me)
- comes with a decent amount of product
- plus that faux coconut smell (you either love it or hate it - I think I liked it more when I first got it and now I'm a tad sick of it, but it does wear away and is near indetectable on the skin)!

As for the colour, I accidentally picked up the light shade instead of the dark one, and regretted it at first. My skin is a warm medium, so I thought this wouldn't really show up on me. But it does show up as a nice subtle wash of colour in natural light.

Packaging - the compact button has broken, sadly, and now it opens without resistance, probably because I tend to throw it around in my makeup bag to and from work (always running late) but that's never happened to me for any other compact, so I think this is on PF's weird loose compact hinge. I now keep an elastic around it. *shrugs* Hasn't stopped me from using it so far.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the Bronze shade and it looks and feels natural on my skin. There is no streakiness or tacky orange popping through my skin. It has a very subtle tropical scent but the brush is pretty useless for me. The texture is almost buttery soft and gives me the sunkissed look I'm going for since it is buildable and doesn't look dry against my skin. No breakouts either. I bought mine at Ulta with a coupon to save a bit of money since it is a little pricey.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was quite hesitant to buy this at first because I wasn't sure if it will show up on my medium skintone and it's kind of too expensive for a drugstore bronzer, but of course I gave in because ever since Kathleenlights raved about this product then so do other youtubers. It's not very pigmented on first application on my skin but it does give it a natural bronze glow, it is definitely buildable and will look a bit reddish on the skin if you go overboard but I still really like the tone of it. I'll just give this four lippies because I'm not quite fan of the scent and it sort of bothers me whenever I apply this on my face because the scent is really strong, I don't really get how other people are obsessed with the way it smells but I guess it's personal preference and I just really hate how bulky this is, it took so much space on my makeup stash, I wish they didn't include the sponge applicator at all because no one really uses it and without that the packaging will be slimmer which would have been better. Because of the price and the bulky packaging, I might not buy this anymore. I'm obsessed with bronzers so I would want to try out other bronzers out there but I definitely do not regret trying this out!

Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer has become a summer essential for me, for many reasons. I picked this up about a few months ago, because JUST LOOK AT HOW COOL THE PACKAGING IS. The first time I opened it, I immediately was overwhelmed by the scent. After a few moments, I really liked the smell. It's like coconuts, with a little bit of pineapple, and a tiny dash of sun-tan lotion. Just like a tropical day at the beach. Then, I swatched it, and it just has this beautiful creamy buttery consistency. It's very silky smooth, and glides on to the skin. When I put it on my face, it just gave this stunning natural bronzy glow, perfect for summer. It feels very lightweight and is very natural, but when applied to skin it makes you look like you just spent a perfect day at the beach, almost like a bronzed goddess. It doesn't make you look dirty or muddy at all, it blends into skin beautifully and smoothly. But I do think that Physician's Formula could've had a wider shade range. Nevertheless, this is my holy grail bronzer and I keep reaching for it over and over again. DEFINITELY RECOMMEND.

on 12/26/2016 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I don't understand the love for this product. It did absolutely nothing. It's so light it doesn't show up. Wish I would've returned it. It was a lot of money for something I used once.

This is a YouTube made me buy it item (specifically Kathleenlights and jaclyn hill). But I am so glad I did! After reading the reviews on here I was worried it would not show up on my skin but it does. I am light medium and usually around nc25 at Mac and n3 in loreal true match just to give you an idea. I got the shade bronzer. When I swatched it, it did not show up on my skin but it did when I applied it to my face. This gives me subtle natural color. I even used it to contour today and it was a pretty, soft, natural contour. It is great for a "no makeup" makeup look. But it can also be built up to be very noticeable. If you are any darker than nc25 then this will probably not show up on you. But for my light and pale ladies this is PERFECT. I can't wait until the winter when I am lighter than I am now because it will look even better than it does now. This formula is so buttery and creamy. It blends like butter. I love it. The smell is nice but strong so if you don't like scents then beware.