Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.6

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 3/13/2018 2:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This in Light is one of the best products I've ever purchased. On my very pale yellow/olive undertones, the shade is a perfect warmth that isn't too orange. The pigmentation is on the subtle side and totally buildable which is ideal for me. It's still subtle even when I use a lot. It blends like a dream over everything I've put it on. The lasting power is amazing on me. It's still intact even after 12+ hours when the rest of my face is a mess.

The coconut smell is really strong. The whole little drawer it was in smelled like coconuts for a while. It's faded a lot in the 2 years I've had it and hasn't gone funky or weird at all.

My only gripe is the ridiculous packaging. A giant eyeshadow sponge applicator? WHY? And why does the sponge's home have to be so chunky when most of us are tossing it right away? The clasp has long been broken. Call me crazy, but when the time comes, even though this is my ideal bronzer, I'm tempted to get a dupe instead of repurchashing just because of the packaging.

I'd try the Butter Blushes if they had a shade I was interested in. A Butter Face Powder would be the dream though.

on 2/7/2018 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Clunky packaging, beachy scent. I bought this in the shade Light. It's a great color for very fair skinned women. Better than Benefit Hoola (although I haven't tried Hoola Lite) and better than Too Faced Chocolate Soleil. This goes on so naturally! It's the perfect bronzer for those who don't want to look overdone.

on 1/4/2018 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

If you are fair and worried this will be too dark for you - worry no more! I have this in the darker more neutral shade and it's beautiful on my N17 skin. In summer I'm closer to a NC20 and this works for both seasons without being overpowering. It blends beautifully. It does have a very strong scent but it's warm and summery. Total hit. Try it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

First Bronzer I’ve found that looks plausible on my pasty complexion. I found Benefit Hoola Lite to be too yellow and Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer too muddy. Almost impossible to overdo, Light Bronze is a beautiful shade that warms up my face and gives me a healthier appearance. Like the name suggests it melds beautifully with the skin. No shimmer but it’s not flat or matte looking. The packaging and design remind me of MAC. The one con is the strong fragrance which I could still smell on the brush the next day. It’s grown on me but if you’re sensitive to fragrances give this a pass. For reference NARS Chantilly is a perfect match for my skintone.

on 6/18/2017 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this bronzer! The color is perfect for me, not too light or dark and no orange tone. It smells great, goes on easy and blends well.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the Bronze shade and it looks and feels natural on my skin. There is no streakiness or tacky orange popping through my skin. It has a very subtle tropical scent but the brush is pretty useless for me. The texture is almost buttery soft and gives me the sunkissed look I'm going for since it is buildable and doesn't look dry against my skin. No breakouts either. I bought mine at Ulta with a coupon to save a bit of money since it is a little pricey.

on 6/5/2017 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Where to find it: I got mine in Light from my local HEB...if I remember correctly. But you can pretty much get this anywhere Physicians Formula is sold I assume.
A little backstory: This was my first complete dabble back into bronzer since my teen years. (I've also tried TooFaced Milk Chocolate but that was quite some time ago.) I realized my makeup was missing that extra something...depth, color, something. I'd heard so many great things about this bronzer, even from oily skinned girls, that I had to try it.(online reviews as well as youtube, particularly Casey Holmes)
Price: The price of $13 was a little more than what I normally pay for one drugstore makeup item but wasn't too bad, especially with all the hype.
Smell/First Impression: It smells amazing! A lighter tropical summer smell but it doesn't last on the skin.
Color/Application: It's very light, buildable and blendable, so you can reach the right amount of color but like I said I usually do have to build it up depending on my tan. So, it's not super pigmented right off the bat but I find that's better with most products.
It's a nice natural tan/glow for my untanned face (no fake tan or anything so my face is paler than my body) to match my body. I do go back over with a little bit of an ashier contour for my cheekbones. But you could def do without that extra step.
Texture: It is more of a satiny finish but it works well even with my oily skin. I apply it along my forehead, the sides of my temples, and under/around the hollows of my cheekbones to sculpt and along my jawline and a little down my neck.
Wear time: It lasts all of my work day (around 10-12 hours total) on my face until I go to take my makeup off with coconut oil. I notice no patchiness or fading during application or through the day. Even through my workouts I can still see some color!
Final consensus: I will be repurchasing once I run out. (I've had this for a few months now and I'm nowhere near pan). I'm not even sure if I want to try anything else. And I would and have recommended this to family members and friends.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

One of those products I heard being hyped up for months and months and put off trying- "it can't be that good"- well, yes it is. This is the ONLY drugstore bronzer in recent memory that stays on my face without fading for 8+ hours. Many of them look good, but staying power is a whole other ballgame. Rest assured, this one's not going anywhere until you want it to.

The effect this gives is pigmented, but it looks natural because it blends extremely well. There's no muddiness or patchiness, and it isn't a shimmery bronzer so it could be used to contour if you have a warm skintone and don't have a contour powder on hand.

The packaging is cute, and yes a little bulky but I appreciate when brands try to inject some creativity into their designs. Too Faced is another brand than consistently does this and it does make buying makeup a bit more interesting. This bronzer smells good- like Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil. It doesn't linger after applying.

For the drugstore, the price is "up there" but Physicians Formula is literally always on sale at at least one of the major chains, so the price is merely a suggestion. Drugstore shopping isn't like Sephora shopping, where the prices are pretty much written in stone.

After trying many, MANY bronzers through the years, I can safely say I've hopped aboard the hype train and this is my favorite drugstore bronzer, probably among my favorite bronzers in general along with Hoola and Chocolate Soleil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was hesitant to purchase this because I didn't think I'd need another bronzer, especially since I thought nothing could beat Benefit's Hoola. However, this bronzer is unlike anything I've personally tried. It is incredibly silky and applies so smoothly. Its not orange at ALL and has the most beautiful satin sheen- it's not matte, but also not shimmery or glittery. The effect is gorgeous, and while it doesn't replace my Hoola bronzer, it's certainly a welcome addition to my collection for when I want a beautiful sun kissed glow.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Yes! Finally a bronzer that suits my very pale skin! They finally catered to people who cannot pull off bronzers! I hope they never get rid of this wonderful bronzer. I would just buy all of them up if I could. I wish theyd make more bronzers for pale people and more contour shades.