Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.1

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 1/4/2019 2:45:00 AM

I have fair-medium yellow undertone oily/combination skin. I use the shade "Bronzer" for day-to-day application and for special occasions! This is a very natural and buildable bronzer that would suit even for beginners to makeup junkies. The packaging is very bulky, and it has a compartment that has this sponge applicator on the bottom. I've used the sponge applicator a few times when I traveled awhile back and honestly it wasnt //that// bad, but it was too flimsy I just wont ever use it again. The clasp also broke after a few days so that was great :) But packaging aside, the formula on this bronzer is phenomenal! I use this daily for 8-10 hours and the bronzer still shows up at the end of the day. It has a little bit of sheen to it, but nothing shimmery and glittery so for those matte makeup-lovers I think it would still work. The shade "Bronzer" also works as a great contour shade as it is not too warm in color and more of a cool-toned golden brown.
Please note that this has oil and is scented (pretty heavily at that) so if your skin is quite sensitive, I would say to steer away from using this product!
All in all, this is just an overall great bronzer for all skin types and makeup user levels, that you just know would perform well and not let you down.

on 12/21/2018 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Loveeeeeee this bronzer, stays on and is the perfect color!! BUT the only thing is that it breaks me out, I’ve been using it for a year and I started noticing that my random breakouts were in the same spot that I put the bronzer. So I stopped using this one and the breakouts stopped. I’m assuming it has to do with the SPF that is in it. :( sad because I won’t be able to use it from now on

on 10/24/2018 3:18:00 AM

First of all I love the scent. It literally transported me to Brazil. That smell of the product is so nice. It feels like a nice creamy texture and glides so easy over my cheeks. The color lasts whole day despite the heat here( we're right on the Equator, you guys). The scent lasts long enough and I swear I could use this a body cream/lotion! It feels so soft and good on my skin . I love the colorful tropical packaging. I`m def changing brands this season when it comes to bronzers, for sure. This is going to be my HG now. Recommend? Yes, buy!

on 9/26/2018 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

At $16.50 this is a bit pricey for a drugstore bronzer. I know it has gotten rave reviews online, but I found it to be really just sort of average. I got the light bronzer shade for my fair skin. It applies quite lightly and feels more like a neutral blush shade than a bronzer. I know a lot of people online reviewing this product said the smell is very coconut and beachy and they loved it. I feel it smells like cheap sunscreen that has an extremely artificial coconut scent that borders on smelling chemical. Not a fan. Fortunately, the scent fades very quickly once it's on your skin.

The packaging seems cute at first, but it's definitely quite bulky so not good to travel with, but ok to throw in a (large) purse. The bulk makes it seem like you'll be getting a lot of product, but actually it looks like anyone who would use bronzer on a daily basis will hit pan fairly quickly. I don't really understand the applicator they included inside. It seems sort of useless - I just set it aside and used a regular blush brush, but the mirror is handy.

It's an ok product, but would not go out of my way to repurchase this.

on 8/27/2018 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Well, this one was a starter for my contouring & highlighting (HAC) kits. As the price was quite friendly with my wallet. So I could try & test my HAC technique without being broke before I mastered it.

After tried&tested for quite some time (more than a year). I think I love it. The color of this bronzer is look good on my skin. Neither orange nor gray. (FYR, I'm Asian, with a light-medium skin tone, warm undertone, NC30-35). I even got a compliment on first time using it that my face (my makeup) looked good.
It also works well with my friends' who has a fairer skin, pink undertone , and another one who has a little darker skin tone. But I've never had a chance to apply it to some of a very deep skin tone yet.

The coconut-like smell is quite strong. But I don't find it offputting. The product is fine milled which I like. But I hate the sponge that comes with it. So I use some other bronzer brush instead. I start applying it with light handed , add some more if I think that's not enough. Finish result is viola for someone who leans on subtlety like me. Like nobody would detect it from a far. Or even when they come close to you. But it makes my face more defined. And I look good both in person and also in photos.

Compared to the Hoola, Benefit, this one is my most fave bronzer.

Because it never fails me so I have to carry it around with me when I'm travelling as well. Oh.. this is when I wish the packaging would be more tough and sturdy.

But when I look at the price, the quality, the result and I still have most of the product left after one year using it (2-3 times a week). I'm not complaining!

(I'd like to give it 4.5 lippies but don't know how to do the half :D)

on 8/12/2018 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The packaging is trash, super bulky and annoying (the applicator it came with them straight into the garbage). That aside, this is my go-to bronzer. I'm very fair and use the shade "bronzer", which is a nice cool-toned medium tan. This has no orange, red, or yellow undertones in it, which makes it good for a lot of undertones. It's fragranced, but it's not horribly offensive. I can't smell it once it's on my face, but I can smell it while I'm applying it. My sensitive skin doesn't react to this fragrance or any of the other ingredients in this. I will be buying this again when I run out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am really on the fence about this product. I'm in South Africa and only the light bronzer was available to me at Dis Chem.

The light bronzer barely shows up on me and I am fair complected and wear SPF every day on my face. The consistency is nice and buttery like the name describes. I have read quite a few of these reviews and the scent bothers some people. I wouldn't say it bothers me, but I also don't really enjoy the scene either. It's tolerable and I don't find that I can still smell it after applying it (but I also use a light hand. Maybe some people are applying it too heavily if the scent still lingers). I like to keep fragrance away from my skin, especially on my face, so overall I think this product would be better without the scent. I don't agree with reviews saying the scent smells nice, but it's also not a horrible smell. It just smells... fake and kind of obnoxious. The packaging feels a bit cheap and bulky, but I've never been one to complain much over packaging as long as the product itself works well. It also feels like it could break easily if dropped on a tiled bathroom floor, which I have.

Overall, I'm just not wowed by this product, but I also don't hate it either. Maybe I would like it better in the original bronzer shade.

Oh, Murumuru Butter Bronzer, how I wanted to love you. Most drugstore bronzers, on me, just look like dirt. I'd read so many wonderful things about you, so I got you one day when I had mega-CVS ExtraBucks and discounts on my ExtraCare card. Alas, our love was not to be. The instant that I opened your package, and caught a whiff of your gross coconut-scented odor, I was crushed with disappointment. Physicians Formula (and Tarte, too, for that matter), WHY must you contaminate powdered cosmetics with vile cheap odors?? The saddest part of all is that I like the way this bronzer looks, feels, and lasts. But that SMELL!! (On edit: The shade I purchased is Light Bronzer, and as previously stated, it's a great shade on me. Quite subtle color, and nice texture on the skin. But I just opened it again and EW, P-U.)

on 5/8/2018 1:35:00 PM

Bronzer is not my favorite product to spend big $$$ on, but it's a necessity for me - I'm olive-skinned and in warm weather, my body will get darker than my face, so I need it to even everything out a bit. I have tried about 6,457 versions of all makeup items except bronzer, and I generally stick to Too Faced chocolate soleil. But I got bored, as one does, and picked this up.

I have this in Bronzer (very thoughtful name) and apply with the EcoTools Bronze Buki brush (which I LOVE). Yeah it's heavily scented. It doesn't bother me...but it's HEAVILY scented. I can only smell it during application though. I hate the packaging: it's ugly, bulky, and has that useless extra compartment with a bizarre sponge applicator thingy.

Now the good stuff. This is the perfect texture. It's kind of creamy, and not that pigmented, so you don't live in fear of creating a delusional version of yourself where you look like you fell face-first in a sand dune vs. having spent the day at the beach. (I speak from experience.) Yet it can also be built up without creating mountains of texture on your skin. I really appreciate that versatility. There is no shimmer but it's not an entirely flat finish either. It gives the burnished texture of skin that has actually been hit by the sun. The tone is spot on - not too warm as to look super fake, and not too cool as to look like a contour shade. It's affordable (still at the high end of drugstore prices though). Lasting power is good and it doesn't change color throughout the course of the day. It hasn't irritated my skin or broken me out (never a guarantee).

In combination with the Bronze Buki brush, it allows me to bronze AND subtly sculpt my face at the same time. I definitely recommend this (if you're not sensitive to strong scents). I like this better than the Too Faced, tbh. It just makes the whole thing so....easy.

I love this bronzer. I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite of all time, but it’s in my top five. It’s not shimmery, which I like, and it’s a nice cooler toned bronzer, that doesn’t appear orange (I’m looking at you, benefit Hoola). It also smells delicious! It is easily blended out and is definitely a great drugstore find. I will buy this again!