Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Filtered by hair type : Other
Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.6

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 5/3/2018 12:16:00 AM

I have gone through four of these bronzers. I even have the Benefit hula bronzer and I still reach for this one!

The pigmentation is great, it lasts all day, and I honestly look forward to that smell every time
I do my make up. The ritual doesn’t feel complete without it!

I honestly can’t knock this product for anything. If I had to give constructive criticism maybe a less bulky packaging and different applicator. Honestly, the weird sponge applicator doesn’t apply bronzer well and I guarantee 90% of users end up tossing it! Also, I go through this extremely fast and noticed it’s a more fragile powder. I usually end up having to toss it because once I hit pan, if the component knocks into anything, the pressed powder will break apart. Maybe the fact it is a soft powder is why it works so well - and don’t get me wrong - I’ll still use the crumbs! Wait. Is that why it’s in a clunkier compact ?! Answering my own questions 😂 Just like to give a thorough review to anyone thinking about purchasing it.

Recommend times ten.

on 4/13/2018 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Currently I have the shades Light Bronzer and Bronzer. I'm NC20ish and honestly, I can barely see the color when I swatch it on my hand. Therefore, I was quite skeptical that it was not going to work out for me.

This bronzer is so smooth and blends beautifully. The Light Bronzer is a little more warm than the Bronzer shade, but not muddy and orangy at all. Unlike the Benefit Hoola Quickie Contour Stick (epic fail there). It blends like butter and I love the smell (smells like coconuts/suntan lotion which is what like, but I can see how this can offend others). There is a slight glow to it, but not glittery at all. It gives my skin a natural finish makes my skin looks so healthy. Since this isn't super dark on me, I can go with this bronzer and a highlighter and can skip blush. This leans more subtle, shade wise, but definitely buildable if I wanted more, without looking patchy.

I love contouring my cheeks and my nose with this because the texture is so smooth and blends so well. I'm terrible at blending anything on my face so this makes it so easy.

The packaging is okay. It's a bit bulky as it's a two layered compact with a sponge applicator and a mirror on the bottom layer, and the bronzer on the top. I have not used the sponge applicator or the mirror and can go without it. However, I'm not going to complain as the bronzer itself is amazing.

Don't buy this at full price. There's pretty much a sale at the drugstore/Ulta for Physicians Formula most of the time. Hopefully Physicians Formula doesn't discontinue the butter line!

on 3/19/2018 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Best bronzer for a healthy glow. Light bronzer is a holy grail for me

on 12/5/2017 7:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The shade is good for someone who is fair skinned but the smell was horrible... like fake coconutty plastic smell that reminds me of cheap toys you buy at Dollar Tree. It didnt oxidize on me too much and didnt look orange but the smell was enough to trigger a migraine... i wont be finishing it up or buying it again

on 8/26/2017 10:43:00 AM

This is the only product by Physician's Formula that I have tried. I have heard great things about their products but the price tag kept me from trying them out. I picked this up a few months back at CVS on one of their Extra Bucks deals. Overall, I am pleased with this bronzer. It provides nice coverage without loads of shimmer, so if you are looking for a simple face look but want to bronze yourself up this is a good choice. I have to watch how much I put on though, if I use too much I look too orange. The lighting in my bathroom is quite deceiving. I walk out of there thinking I look fine but a few hours later I examine myself in the bathroom mirror at work and see that I look more orange than I thought.

I don't mind the smell, but it's a tad strong when you apply it, but it does fade quickly so that is a plus. I don't think I could stand smelling like coconuts all day. I really like the packaging though, it's colorful and vibrant. I will likely keep this packaging once it's gone just to see if I can find another use for it. Weird I know.

Would I buy again? I would, but only if it was on sale. I find that my holy grail bronzer Wet N Wild in Ticket to Brazil comparable to this but at a much lower price. To compare, PF is 11 grams (.38 oz) and WNW is 13 grams (.46 grams). This PF bronzer is in the shade light, and side by side to Ticket to Brazil they are very similar shadewise.

Overall I give this 4.5 stars.

I have a love hate relationship with Physician Formula products but I am happy to say I am in love with this Butter Bronzer.

Its is so soft and velvety milled, smells tropical and is very moisturising on your face without leaving a build up of colour and cakiness. Matte finish with no shimmer or sparkles and that is a bonus when you get to my age.

I have both shades which I use for contouring and they are just perfect for my light skin tone.

I love rubbing my finger over the rivulets just for the soft feel of the powder and when you brush it on to finish your makeup it's like you hardly have any powder on your skin but it sets all day. Doesn't dry out your skin, or leave patches but there is enough to soak up any oily concerns. Great for holidays when you don't want to wear too much makeup during the day but dress up at night.

It can be very expensive to purchase in Australia so my recommendation is to purchase from iHerb for a third of the price.

Kroger only had Light Bronze so hey I ended up w Light Bronze! Let me just say I'm a sucker for packaging it's so durn cute, I loooooove the applicator & it smells like coppertone heaven! This is great for contouring my nose. The applicator is so precise I can slim down this [insert crass yet anatomical name for Trump Vienna sausage-like appendage] nose! It needs serious slimming. This is not too dark & muddy. I made an expensive mistake w my guerlain bronzer it is awful dark it's #3 color I was under the impression I was getting #2 color oh well MAC matte bronze is really dark too. Im NC20 so I love this satin finish bronzer. It could be a hair darker but it's not that big of a deal & what is a big deal is that it is cruelty-free I try to buy CF when I can.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Typical Physicians Formula packaging. Bulky and takes up a lot of room in your makeup bag. But boy is this lovely...

When I first saw it I thought it would be a cream bronzer. It isn't, it's a very smooth, very buttery powder bronzer. The applicator in the package is actually a sponge, which I used a few times, but found it ended up being way too concentrated in one area and wouldn't blend. I use a RT brush to sweep this on my temples, cheekbones and occasionally a sharped edged brush to do a bit of contouring in the cheeks. It works well for a light, natural contour as it isn't sparkly, isn't matte, isn't orange and isn't ashy. It's a nice, soft neutral brown.

It's a beautiful bronzer to add a bit of depth and definition to the face without looking like an oompa loompa doing makeup tutorials.

Smells nice too, a bit fake, but pretty nonetheless. Smell fades after a short time on the face.

I was previously using the bronze booster by pf in the medium/dark shade. I went through 2 of them and was very pleased with the quality. I decided to give this one a try since I'm usually happy with pf products. This is a cooler tone than the bronze booster which I think is more flattering for pale complexions. It smells like coconut which I love but the scent doesn't last long. This isn't shimmery at all which I like too because I feel shimmer highlights skin imperfections. The packaging is bulky but it is sturdy. Don't pay full price; pf goes on sale frequently. Overall another great product and I would repurchase.

This is the best bronzer I have ever used. It is the most natural-looking on my pale skin, not orange or dirty looking. Fantastic and the scent is great! Love!