Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.1

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 1/4/2019 2:45:00 AM

I have fair-medium yellow undertone oily/combination skin. I use the shade "Bronzer" for day-to-day application and for special occasions! This is a very natural and buildable bronzer that would suit even for beginners to makeup junkies. The packaging is very bulky, and it has a compartment that has this sponge applicator on the bottom. I've used the sponge applicator a few times when I traveled awhile back and honestly it wasnt //that// bad, but it was too flimsy I just wont ever use it again. The clasp also broke after a few days so that was great :) But packaging aside, the formula on this bronzer is phenomenal! I use this daily for 8-10 hours and the bronzer still shows up at the end of the day. It has a little bit of sheen to it, but nothing shimmery and glittery so for those matte makeup-lovers I think it would still work. The shade "Bronzer" also works as a great contour shade as it is not too warm in color and more of a cool-toned golden brown.
Please note that this has oil and is scented (pretty heavily at that) so if your skin is quite sensitive, I would say to steer away from using this product!
All in all, this is just an overall great bronzer for all skin types and makeup user levels, that you just know would perform well and not let you down.

on 12/11/2018 3:26:00 PM

This bronzer is THAT chick. She knows what she is doing. You can apply this with a heavy hand and it still applies beautifully, making it the lazy-girls best friend. It has a nice sheen but it is not shimmer by any means. A little pricey for drugstore but inexpensive when compared to high end, and trust me, it can hang with the big dogs. However, the packaging is wack and so is the shade range.

For an in-depth review check out mine and my best friends blog post about it!

on 11/19/2018 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this bronzer. I am not a big bronzer person as I am PALE and can't get anything to blend well enough into my skin/foundation. this blends like a sweet dream and gives the best dimension to my skin. The smell is heavenly as if the formula wasn't enough to make me love this. The only thing I don't love is the packaging. It is aesthetically pleasing for sure but I hate how PF put the little extra compartment in the bottom of the compact for the brush. It just makes it bulky and the mirror is not user friendly due to the weird bottom compartment. I am always scared I will drop my baby bronzer.

Other than that, this product is bomb and HG for me. Buy it!

on 10/7/2018 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hardly reach for my other bronzers anymore. This one is just so smooth and buttery and blends like a dream. I the winter I use shade Bronzer (NC25), and use the Deep Bronzer during the summer (when I'm more NC30). I love the tropical scent, as I like the smell of coconuts. The packaging is a bit bulky and it comes with a sponge that I don't use, I just apply with a brush, building it up to achieve a nice all over warmth to my skin. Prefer this to Benefits Hula.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This bronzer is such a great drugstore find! Smells great, blends great, looks great and wont break the bank. I've never had problems with it looking muddy or weird like other bronzers. It is so quick and easy to just buff on and get out the door! Would definitely recommend and repurchase. One thing to keep in mind though is that the lighter shade is SUPER light. It works for me in the winter but I have to switch to the darker shade in summer.

This is is the difficult one because I just wanted to love it so bad but after numerous tries I finally admit to myself that it just breaks me out. Loved the scent, loved the look (the ''darker'' shade). Always hated the bulky humongous packaging with an inconvenient placement of mirror. Never understood the sponge, like why Physicians Formula even bother to make them. Each and single time I've used it I got tiny little bumps in a places where I put it, sometime milias as well so this is a hard pass for me. Already re-sold to somebody I hope will be able to appreciate it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am really on the fence about this product. I'm in South Africa and only the light bronzer was available to me at Dis Chem.

The light bronzer barely shows up on me and I am fair complected and wear SPF every day on my face. The consistency is nice and buttery like the name describes. I have read quite a few of these reviews and the scent bothers some people. I wouldn't say it bothers me, but I also don't really enjoy the scene either. It's tolerable and I don't find that I can still smell it after applying it (but I also use a light hand. Maybe some people are applying it too heavily if the scent still lingers). I like to keep fragrance away from my skin, especially on my face, so overall I think this product would be better without the scent. I don't agree with reviews saying the scent smells nice, but it's also not a horrible smell. It just smells... fake and kind of obnoxious. The packaging feels a bit cheap and bulky, but I've never been one to complain much over packaging as long as the product itself works well. It also feels like it could break easily if dropped on a tiled bathroom floor, which I have.

Overall, I'm just not wowed by this product, but I also don't hate it either. Maybe I would like it better in the original bronzer shade.

Oh, Murumuru Butter Bronzer, how I wanted to love you. Most drugstore bronzers, on me, just look like dirt. I'd read so many wonderful things about you, so I got you one day when I had mega-CVS ExtraBucks and discounts on my ExtraCare card. Alas, our love was not to be. The instant that I opened your package, and caught a whiff of your gross coconut-scented odor, I was crushed with disappointment. Physicians Formula (and Tarte, too, for that matter), WHY must you contaminate powdered cosmetics with vile cheap odors?? The saddest part of all is that I like the way this bronzer looks, feels, and lasts. But that SMELL!! (On edit: The shade I purchased is Light Bronzer, and as previously stated, it's a great shade on me. Quite subtle color, and nice texture on the skin. But I just opened it again and EW, P-U.)

on 6/7/2018 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm about NC20 and have this in Bronzer. I like more subtle bronzers that I can build up colors with gradually, to prevent lines or mudiness. Bronzer is a nice warm-toned brown, probably about NC25 in color; thus, if you are darker than me, you probably should choose a darker color. I feel the color is a little hard to build up - I need to apply quite a lot of this. At least it didn't oxidize to orange though.

I like the texture: it's not powdery, it's smooth, and this seems to have decent lasting power. It is, as may noted, HEAVILY scented. I can actually smell this on myself for quite some time after applying this. Not sure about how healthy that is - perfume in skin care is generally not a good thing... It smells kinda coconut-vanilla. If you have any issues with head aches from heavy scents, I'd be careful with this - at least smell it in store (it smells right through the plastick packaging)

I don't regret buying this (especially because it was 40% off), but I'm don't think I would repurchase (UPDATE: I regret buying this - it's stinking up all of my other makeup in my makeup box). I like that it's so easy to use and I like the color, but the packaging is bulky, the scent is a bit too heavy, I think the color is a little hard to build up - it might be better for lighter skin tones though. I just feel I could probably find similar things without the smell, which would be better for my skin. I generally think the smell of this might be one of the main selling points (and I'm generally not fan of scents in makeup or skin care), although I'm pretty happy that this bronzer comes in such light colors, which makes it possible for even very light people to use these. When I finish this, I might repurchase a similar color bronzer, but I won't purchase this one - it's just nothing special

on 5/7/2018 1:17:00 AM

I had high, high hopes for this product. My first ever bronzer, and it sucks.

It is not at all creamy as their highlighters. I used the shade Bronzer and it barely showed up on my skin. I wondered if it was the brush I was using, but no, that seemed to pick up highlighters just fine. I tried my beauty blender, but nothing showed up. Tried to swatch it on my hand, but again: nothing. Rubbed my finger hard into the pan, still no color payoff. When I looked into the mirror after 4 coats of application, I could tell that something was on my skin.

It's got a strong, strong coconut smell that I don't despise, but don't enjoy.

I really thought I would enjoy this, but I didn't.