Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 10/7/2018 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hardly reach for my other bronzers anymore. This one is just so smooth and buttery and blends like a dream. I the winter I use shade Bronzer (NC25), and use the Deep Bronzer during the summer (when I'm more NC30). I love the tropical scent, as I like the smell of coconuts. The packaging is a bit bulky and it comes with a sponge that I don't use, I just apply with a brush, building it up to achieve a nice all over warmth to my skin. Prefer this to Benefits Hula.

on 8/12/2018 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The packaging is trash, super bulky and annoying (the applicator it came with them straight into the garbage). That aside, this is my go-to bronzer. I'm very fair and use the shade "bronzer", which is a nice cool-toned medium tan. This has no orange, red, or yellow undertones in it, which makes it good for a lot of undertones. It's fragranced, but it's not horribly offensive. I can't smell it once it's on my face, but I can smell it while I'm applying it. My sensitive skin doesn't react to this fragrance or any of the other ingredients in this. I will be buying this again when I run out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am really on the fence about this product. I'm in South Africa and only the light bronzer was available to me at Dis Chem.

The light bronzer barely shows up on me and I am fair complected and wear SPF every day on my face. The consistency is nice and buttery like the name describes. I have read quite a few of these reviews and the scent bothers some people. I wouldn't say it bothers me, but I also don't really enjoy the scene either. It's tolerable and I don't find that I can still smell it after applying it (but I also use a light hand. Maybe some people are applying it too heavily if the scent still lingers). I like to keep fragrance away from my skin, especially on my face, so overall I think this product would be better without the scent. I don't agree with reviews saying the scent smells nice, but it's also not a horrible smell. It just smells... fake and kind of obnoxious. The packaging feels a bit cheap and bulky, but I've never been one to complain much over packaging as long as the product itself works well. It also feels like it could break easily if dropped on a tiled bathroom floor, which I have.

Overall, I'm just not wowed by this product, but I also don't hate it either. Maybe I would like it better in the original bronzer shade.

on 6/7/2018 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm about NC20 and have this in Bronzer. I like more subtle bronzers that I can build up colors with gradually, to prevent lines or mudiness. Bronzer is a nice warm-toned brown, probably about NC25 in color; thus, if you are darker than me, you probably should choose a darker color. I feel the color is a little hard to build up - I need to apply quite a lot of this. At least it didn't oxidize to orange though.

I like the texture: it's not powdery, it's smooth, and this seems to have decent lasting power. It is, as may noted, HEAVILY scented. I can actually smell this on myself for quite some time after applying this. Not sure about how healthy that is - perfume in skin care is generally not a good thing... It smells kinda coconut-vanilla. If you have any issues with head aches from heavy scents, I'd be careful with this - at least smell it in store (it smells right through the plastick packaging)

I don't regret buying this (especially because it was 40% off), but I'm don't think I would repurchase (UPDATE: I regret buying this - it's stinking up all of my other makeup in my makeup box). I like that it's so easy to use and I like the color, but the packaging is bulky, the scent is a bit too heavy, I think the color is a little hard to build up - it might be better for lighter skin tones though. I just feel I could probably find similar things without the smell, which would be better for my skin. I generally think the smell of this might be one of the main selling points (and I'm generally not fan of scents in makeup or skin care), although I'm pretty happy that this bronzer comes in such light colors, which makes it possible for even very light people to use these. When I finish this, I might repurchase a similar color bronzer, but I won't purchase this one - it's just nothing special

on 4/18/2018 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the Murumuru Butter Bronzer; however the PINA COLADA scent is a little nauseating to me. It doesn't smell like Hawaiian Tropic sun tan lotion at all. It is not glittery, or muddy looking. The packaging is plastic and too bulky for me, but it is tropical looking.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm very pale, and I actually like it, most of the time. I've owned maybe three bronzers in my lifetime, including this one ("Light"). I always tell myself wouldn't mind looking a little more tan, buy a bronzer in some cute packaging, and then never actually bother to wear it. If you're pale and looking for something that literally just makes you look like you got some sun recently, try Light. It's not glittery, not shimmery, and not chalky. I apply a small amount all over my face and neck using my blush brush, and it's uncanny how natural it looks. I don't even look like this when I *do* tan, and yet it still looks natural somehow? I don't propose to understand, but I'm not complaining. It melts into my skin, and doesn't rub off; what little fallout there is during application can just be shaken off without staining my clothes, since it forms dense clumps of cream/powder. Basically, the formulation and texture are masterpieces. I'm going to have to try the blush.

Now, the scent...to me, it smells like slightly rancid coconut oil. However, I don't smell it once it's on, so, no big deal. P.S.: Cute packaging.

on 2/7/2018 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Clunky packaging, beachy scent. I bought this in the shade Light. It's a great color for very fair skinned women. Better than Benefit Hoola (although I haven't tried Hoola Lite) and better than Too Faced Chocolate Soleil. This goes on so naturally! It's the perfect bronzer for those who don't want to look overdone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

First Bronzer I’ve found that looks plausible on my pasty complexion. I found Benefit Hoola Lite to be too yellow and Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer too muddy. Almost impossible to overdo, Light Bronze is a beautiful shade that warms up my face and gives me a healthier appearance. Like the name suggests it melds beautifully with the skin. No shimmer but it’s not flat or matte looking. The packaging and design remind me of MAC. The one con is the strong fragrance which I could still smell on the brush the next day. It’s grown on me but if you’re sensitive to fragrances give this a pass. For reference NARS Chantilly is a perfect match for my skintone.

on 7/20/2017 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I haven't written a review in ages, my public has been waiting with baited breath so here goes.

- it's expensive for drugstore makeup yet for the quality, if sold in a dept store would be considered inexpensive. I used my CVS extra care reward bucks and bought it on sale so I got it for a steal. I generally love the brand, they know bronzers, but I wait for sales because I don't need any more makeup per se.

- scent is buttered popcorn to me, and mild. I was glad because tropical scents can go wrong easily and be cloying. I don't notice it anymore when I open it . Not sure if scent has faded or I've become used to it.

- color, this is my only issue, it's beautiful but very, very, much a gold toned bronzer. I'm fair olive without self tanner I'm using now fur summer. I lean very yellow, yet I find a more red based tanner to look the best on me as it emulates the color I'd get naturally in the sun. A quick swipe of red based blush, just a teeny bit, across the bridge of the nose and hairline, go a long way and help a lot.

- this is very smooth, almost creamy powder. It's not dusty, and goes on smoother than many other bronzers I've tried and I've tried a billion at this point. It's the smoothest PF bronzer I've tried as well and I've tried about 6-7 over the years. Doesn't kick up "dust," look like a sand storm when using, not messy. However I have hit pan and it is breaking apart. Pressing on the remainder helps.

-I find it long lasting. I wish PF would make this in varying shades and undertones. But it's not fair to review on what I'd like rather than what is.
I've only tried the darker shade but if on sale again I'd try the lighter for science sake of course

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I brought the lightest one and the color doesn't work well for my very fair skin (NC10). Its too light and sheer for a bronzer, it doesn't show up that well and makes me look a bit dirty, like I'm not bronzed on purpose, I just haven't washed my face. Its too dark and sheer for a highlight. And too matte and cakey to be a finishing powder. for me.

The packaging is cute but its bulky and hard to store. The scent smells strongly of rancid butter. I'm not getting anything like tropical coconut?? And it lingers all day. I really don't want to smell like off dairy products all day.

The powder quality isn't that great either. I thought ooh nice in the finger swatch but on my skin it looks cakey and feels thick and heavy. maybe because I have oily skin its not going on properly? I did try different brushes, buffing on vs sweeping on ect and I couldn't get it to work. The matte-yet-sparkly finish doesn't suit me either. I have very fair (mature) skin and I think this takes away all the natural light in my skin and tries to replace it with fake looking little sparkles. It makes my skin look depressingly dull like I'm in need of a good peel and I'm trying too hard to cover it up with fake/cheap looking shimmery powder. Especially when you're in full sunlight those shimmers are really obvious. I think I'll save up for a more refined bronzer. I don't recommend this for very fair, mature skins.