Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.1

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 12/21/2018 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Loveeeeeee this bronzer, stays on and is the perfect color!! BUT the only thing is that it breaks me out, I’ve been using it for a year and I started noticing that my random breakouts were in the same spot that I put the bronzer. So I stopped using this one and the breakouts stopped. I’m assuming it has to do with the SPF that is in it. :( sad because I won’t be able to use it from now on

on 8/27/2018 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Well, this one was a starter for my contouring & highlighting (HAC) kits. As the price was quite friendly with my wallet. So I could try & test my HAC technique without being broke before I mastered it.

After tried&tested for quite some time (more than a year). I think I love it. The color of this bronzer is look good on my skin. Neither orange nor gray. (FYR, I'm Asian, with a light-medium skin tone, warm undertone, NC30-35). I even got a compliment on first time using it that my face (my makeup) looked good.
It also works well with my friends' who has a fairer skin, pink undertone , and another one who has a little darker skin tone. But I've never had a chance to apply it to some of a very deep skin tone yet.

The coconut-like smell is quite strong. But I don't find it offputting. The product is fine milled which I like. But I hate the sponge that comes with it. So I use some other bronzer brush instead. I start applying it with light handed , add some more if I think that's not enough. Finish result is viola for someone who leans on subtlety like me. Like nobody would detect it from a far. Or even when they come close to you. But it makes my face more defined. And I look good both in person and also in photos.

Compared to the Hoola, Benefit, this one is my most fave bronzer.

Because it never fails me so I have to carry it around with me when I'm travelling as well. Oh.. this is when I wish the packaging would be more tough and sturdy.

But when I look at the price, the quality, the result and I still have most of the product left after one year using it (2-3 times a week). I'm not complaining!

(I'd like to give it 4.5 lippies but don't know how to do the half :D)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Shade range is completely ridiculous

on 4/13/2018 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Currently I have the shades Light Bronzer and Bronzer. I'm NC20ish and honestly, I can barely see the color when I swatch it on my hand. Therefore, I was quite skeptical that it was not going to work out for me.

This bronzer is so smooth and blends beautifully. The Light Bronzer is a little more warm than the Bronzer shade, but not muddy and orangy at all. Unlike the Benefit Hoola Quickie Contour Stick (epic fail there). It blends like butter and I love the smell (smells like coconuts/suntan lotion which is what like, but I can see how this can offend others). There is a slight glow to it, but not glittery at all. It gives my skin a natural finish makes my skin looks so healthy. Since this isn't super dark on me, I can go with this bronzer and a highlighter and can skip blush. This leans more subtle, shade wise, but definitely buildable if I wanted more, without looking patchy.

I love contouring my cheeks and my nose with this because the texture is so smooth and blends so well. I'm terrible at blending anything on my face so this makes it so easy.

The packaging is okay. It's a bit bulky as it's a two layered compact with a sponge applicator and a mirror on the bottom layer, and the bronzer on the top. I have not used the sponge applicator or the mirror and can go without it. However, I'm not going to complain as the bronzer itself is amazing.

Don't buy this at full price. There's pretty much a sale at the drugstore/Ulta for Physicians Formula most of the time. Hopefully Physicians Formula doesn't discontinue the butter line!

I know this is a favorite for many but I just don't like it. It's patchy and oxidizes orange on me.

on 1/4/2018 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

If you are fair and worried this will be too dark for you - worry no more! I have this in the darker more neutral shade and it's beautiful on my N17 skin. In summer I'm closer to a NC20 and this works for both seasons without being overpowering. It blends beautifully. It does have a very strong scent but it's warm and summery. Total hit. Try it.

on 9/7/2017 4:15:00 PM

I dont like this at all it looks muddy patchy and dirty plus its not pigmented enough i really dont see what the fuss is about so confused

on 8/22/2017 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off, let me start by saying that PF's shade ranges are abysmal. They've got to start catering to a more diverse customer base or they will not survive.

That being said, I adore this bronzer. I'm not big on super deep bronzers, nor am I ever one to gravitate toward very warm or shimmery bronzers. As a matter of fact, up until recently, I hated bronzers. But lately, I've been on a bronze goddess kick, and after seeing all the hype around this, I decided to pick it up.
And let me tell you - the hype is REAL! If you want a natural bronze glow and are otherwise rather fair skinned, this is the stuff for you. It's smooth, creamy, smells like summer, and leaves the skin looking sun-kissed and wonderful. I use it every single day. It adds a little dimension to my face and it's very flattering.
It's not broken me out at all (and my skin is acne-prone), and it lasts all day, even on my oily skin.
The packaging is okay. It's sturdy, but it's bulky, and the lid feels weird when you open it all the way. I don't like the separate mirror compartment, as I feel the daft little applicator they provide with it is useless and doesn't merit the extra bulk. It's not really purse friendly.
The price is a bit staggering for the drugstore, but since it's bronzer, it'll last a long time, so I was willing to pay it. However, PF and their limited shade range should also consider their pricing, as in many cases, the quality of their products doesn't live up to the higher premium their customers end up paying.
Over all, I would definitely repurchase should I ever run out. I do really love this bronzer!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Really expensive (like $25 CAD when I bought it) for what it is, a drugstore bronzer - but yes, these things:
- it's the smoothest bronzer I've ever used, almost creamy - comparable in texture to my Mac Studio Fix Powder
- pretty packaging (those tropical vibes! Turquoise and purple look great with warm bronzy colours!)
- mirror + applicator sponge thing (I found it useless though - took off foundation for me)
- comes with a decent amount of product
- plus that faux coconut smell (you either love it or hate it - I think I liked it more when I first got it and now I'm a tad sick of it, but it does wear away and is near indetectable on the skin)!

As for the colour, I accidentally picked up the light shade instead of the dark one, and regretted it at first. My skin is a warm medium, so I thought this wouldn't really show up on me. But it does show up as a nice subtle wash of colour in natural light.

Packaging - the compact button has broken, sadly, and now it opens without resistance, probably because I tend to throw it around in my makeup bag to and from work (always running late) but that's never happened to me for any other compact, so I think this is on PF's weird loose compact hinge. I now keep an elastic around it. *shrugs* Hasn't stopped me from using it so far.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have this in the shade "Bronzer." I am a fair, natural redhead and I've never been a big bronzer user. I can't seem to find shades that work for me-they are all too orange. I have gone for some red based bronzers in the past but I've always had to be very careful with them. Before this, I loved the Too Faced Milk Chocolate, which is on the yellow side, but it broke me out. Maybe it just got old, but either way I didn't repurchase. This bronzer is a neutral cool toned bronzer. It's definitely still a bronzer, not a sculpting powder so it's not THAT cool. But on me it's a beautiful shade. This is a very soft product but not powdery. It applies easily. I use the Bobbi Brown face blender brush (it's white) which is the softest, most delicate brush I own and it picks up the product easily. It blends very smoothly and evenly. This shade has that nice level of pigmentation where it definitely is pigmented but you can build it up slowly. It's a great bronzer for the heavy handed, very user friendly. This lasts all day on me as well. My only complaint is that the packaging is bulky. I don't use the brush it comes with so I would love it in a sleek, slim compact. This is a pricier drugstore item, however it's always on sale and you can find coupons. Its easily worth the price for me. I highly recommend this.