Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.2

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 1/4/2019 2:45:00 AM

I have fair-medium yellow undertone oily/combination skin. I use the shade "Bronzer" for day-to-day application and for special occasions! This is a very natural and buildable bronzer that would suit even for beginners to makeup junkies. The packaging is very bulky, and it has a compartment that has this sponge applicator on the bottom. I've used the sponge applicator a few times when I traveled awhile back and honestly it wasnt //that// bad, but it was too flimsy I just wont ever use it again. The clasp also broke after a few days so that was great :) But packaging aside, the formula on this bronzer is phenomenal! I use this daily for 8-10 hours and the bronzer still shows up at the end of the day. It has a little bit of sheen to it, but nothing shimmery and glittery so for those matte makeup-lovers I think it would still work. The shade "Bronzer" also works as a great contour shade as it is not too warm in color and more of a cool-toned golden brown.
Please note that this has oil and is scented (pretty heavily at that) so if your skin is quite sensitive, I would say to steer away from using this product!
All in all, this is just an overall great bronzer for all skin types and makeup user levels, that you just know would perform well and not let you down.

on 12/28/2018 12:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I like the formula but the packaging is absolute garbage and the brush that comes with it is totally useless. I mashed the bronzer and repressed it into an empty mac powder compact so problem solved. It’s easy to blend and the shade bronzer is nice for my nc10 skin. I like the slight sheen that it gives as well but I’m not into the heavy scent it has although it’s not unbearable.

on 10/24/2018 3:18:00 AM

First of all I love the scent. It literally transported me to Brazil. That smell of the product is so nice. It feels like a nice creamy texture and glides so easy over my cheeks. The color lasts whole day despite the heat here( we're right on the Equator, you guys). The scent lasts long enough and I swear I could use this a body cream/lotion! It feels so soft and good on my skin . I love the colorful tropical packaging. I`m def changing brands this season when it comes to bronzers, for sure. This is going to be my HG now. Recommend? Yes, buy!

on 9/27/2018 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like this bronzer. I have a Too Faced bronzer and a Tarte bronzer and I think I prefer the physician's formula bronzer. I just started wearing bronzer on a regular basis about a year ago and I think this butter bronzer is great for people who are nervous about bronzers turning them orange or looking cakey

This bronzer goes is lightly pigmented which is great in my opinion. I can build it slowly until I get the amount of pigment I need, rather than getting a bunch of pigment right at the start and having to blend like a crazy person trying to tone it down.

The color is great. Not too orange or too brown, looks just like a natural sunkissed glow. Oh and it's not too sparkly either, it has just the right amount of shimmer. Don't really have an opinion on the scent. It's not offensive but I could live without it. The applicator it comes with is silly, I have no idea how that thing is supposed to be used. I tried it once and I just made a streaky mess. However a nice bronzing brush makes this bronzer go on beautifully. I would repurchase

on 8/22/2018 12:50:00 PM

I was looking for a new bronzer that wouldn't break the bank as my Rimmel one was running low and boy am I glad I picked up this baby. It really does go on buttery soft. It's very finely milled and is very easy to blend. It's a nice, subtle colour that's easy to build, in my opinion. Yes, the packaging is a bit large and the applicator that comes with it is pretty much useless, but that doesn't bother me, even though I'm on the road a lot and need to bring an additional brush along with this. The coconut smell that some people have complained about also doesn't bother me. I actually find it quite pleasant. If you have a richer skin tone, this probably won't work for you. But if you have light to medium skin, I think the shade range is fine.

EDIT : I'm editing my review and taking off some lippies, because I dropped my bronzer the other day (literally from a one foot high surface onto a hard wood floor) and it completely shattered. So I guess it's extremely fragile and YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT DROP THIS PRODUCT EVER! Mine is currently sitting in a small dish while I try to use it up very quickly. I'm not sure I would buy it again. I love the product, but the packaging desperately needs to be changed.

This is is the difficult one because I just wanted to love it so bad but after numerous tries I finally admit to myself that it just breaks me out. Loved the scent, loved the look (the ''darker'' shade). Always hated the bulky humongous packaging with an inconvenient placement of mirror. Never understood the sponge, like why Physicians Formula even bother to make them. Each and single time I've used it I got tiny little bumps in a places where I put it, sometime milias as well so this is a hard pass for me. Already re-sold to somebody I hope will be able to appreciate it.

Oh, Murumuru Butter Bronzer, how I wanted to love you. Most drugstore bronzers, on me, just look like dirt. I'd read so many wonderful things about you, so I got you one day when I had mega-CVS ExtraBucks and discounts on my ExtraCare card. Alas, our love was not to be. The instant that I opened your package, and caught a whiff of your gross coconut-scented odor, I was crushed with disappointment. Physicians Formula (and Tarte, too, for that matter), WHY must you contaminate powdered cosmetics with vile cheap odors?? The saddest part of all is that I like the way this bronzer looks, feels, and lasts. But that SMELL!! (On edit: The shade I purchased is Light Bronzer, and as previously stated, it's a great shade on me. Quite subtle color, and nice texture on the skin. But I just opened it again and EW, P-U.)

on 5/8/2018 1:35:00 PM

Bronzer is not my favorite product to spend big $$$ on, but it's a necessity for me - I'm olive-skinned and in warm weather, my body will get darker than my face, so I need it to even everything out a bit. I have tried about 6,457 versions of all makeup items except bronzer, and I generally stick to Too Faced chocolate soleil. But I got bored, as one does, and picked this up.

I have this in Bronzer (very thoughtful name) and apply with the EcoTools Bronze Buki brush (which I LOVE). Yeah it's heavily scented. It doesn't bother me...but it's HEAVILY scented. I can only smell it during application though. I hate the packaging: it's ugly, bulky, and has that useless extra compartment with a bizarre sponge applicator thingy.

Now the good stuff. This is the perfect texture. It's kind of creamy, and not that pigmented, so you don't live in fear of creating a delusional version of yourself where you look like you fell face-first in a sand dune vs. having spent the day at the beach. (I speak from experience.) Yet it can also be built up without creating mountains of texture on your skin. I really appreciate that versatility. There is no shimmer but it's not an entirely flat finish either. It gives the burnished texture of skin that has actually been hit by the sun. The tone is spot on - not too warm as to look super fake, and not too cool as to look like a contour shade. It's affordable (still at the high end of drugstore prices though). Lasting power is good and it doesn't change color throughout the course of the day. It hasn't irritated my skin or broken me out (never a guarantee).

In combination with the Bronze Buki brush, it allows me to bronze AND subtly sculpt my face at the same time. I definitely recommend this (if you're not sensitive to strong scents). I like this better than the Too Faced, tbh. It just makes the whole thing so....easy.

on 5/4/2018 1:26:00 AM

Love the way it smelled...to me it smelled like coconut with a hint of vanilla. I also loved the way it applied as it went on smoothly and it lasted all day on me, however, the shade "bronzer" looked muddy on me! (skin tone reference: MAC c3). It looked cool toned on my warm skin tone so I'm thinking mayybe the lighter shade will work better for me??? SDM have these on sale pretty often so I would purchase this then (30% off, which works out to be cheaper than walmart's regular price). Packaging isn't fancy though - just made out of plastic, but I had no issues with it. Overall, a good product and I can see why it is something to rave about.. unfortunately, the shade didnt work well for ne.

on 5/3/2018 12:16:00 AM

I have gone through four of these bronzers. I even have the Benefit hula bronzer and I still reach for this one!

The pigmentation is great, it lasts all day, and I honestly look forward to that smell every time
I do my make up. The ritual doesn’t feel complete without it!

I honestly can’t knock this product for anything. If I had to give constructive criticism maybe a less bulky packaging and different applicator. Honestly, the weird sponge applicator doesn’t apply bronzer well and I guarantee 90% of users end up tossing it! Also, I go through this extremely fast and noticed it’s a more fragile powder. I usually end up having to toss it because once I hit pan, if the component knocks into anything, the pressed powder will break apart. Maybe the fact it is a soft powder is why it works so well - and don’t get me wrong - I’ll still use the crumbs! Wait. Is that why it’s in a clunkier compact ?! Answering my own questions 😂 Just like to give a thorough review to anyone thinking about purchasing it.

Recommend times ten.