Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

3.8

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 9/26/2018 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

At $16.50 this is a bit pricey for a drugstore bronzer. I know it has gotten rave reviews online, but I found it to be really just sort of average. I got the light bronzer shade for my fair skin. It applies quite lightly and feels more like a neutral blush shade than a bronzer. I know a lot of people online reviewing this product said the smell is very coconut and beachy and they loved it. I feel it smells like cheap sunscreen that has an extremely artificial coconut scent that borders on smelling chemical. Not a fan. Fortunately, the scent fades very quickly once it's on your skin.

The packaging seems cute at first, but it's definitely quite bulky so not good to travel with, but ok to throw in a (large) purse. The bulk makes it seem like you'll be getting a lot of product, but actually it looks like anyone who would use bronzer on a daily basis will hit pan fairly quickly. I don't really understand the applicator they included inside. It seems sort of useless - I just set it aside and used a regular blush brush, but the mirror is handy.

It's an ok product, but would not go out of my way to repurchase this.

on 8/27/2018 9:30:00 AM

Very overpriced for a cheap product. It was very orange on my skin. I thought it was at first because I was pale then i tried it on my more tan friends and still showed up orange. The packaging is so beyond bulky and the vents at the bottom spill bronzer into my bag. It does smell very good which I do like but I can smell it on my skin when I wear it. While the formula is nice it is so incredibly fragile that I set it on the counter a little to hard and it broke. If you are ever traveling this product and its cheap packaging would not withstand your trip.

on 5/7/2018 1:17:00 AM

I had high, high hopes for this product. My first ever bronzer, and it sucks.

It is not at all creamy as their highlighters. I used the shade Bronzer and it barely showed up on my skin. I wondered if it was the brush I was using, but no, that seemed to pick up highlighters just fine. I tried my beauty blender, but nothing showed up. Tried to swatch it on my hand, but again: nothing. Rubbed my finger hard into the pan, still no color payoff. When I looked into the mirror after 4 coats of application, I could tell that something was on my skin.

It's got a strong, strong coconut smell that I don't despise, but don't enjoy.

I really thought I would enjoy this, but I didn't.

on 3/19/2018 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Best bronzer for a healthy glow. Light bronzer is a holy grail for me

on 2/28/2018 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love! I’ve heard they hype over this bronzer on YouTube for while. I finally caved and bought SunKissed while Ulta was having buy one get one half off. So glad I did. This bronzer warms up my light to medium skin tone without looking orange or too ashy. The bronzer isn’t overly pigmented, so you can build it to a nice sun kissed look. I adore the smell and wish it would last all day. I want to try the blushes and highlighters next.

on 2/4/2018 8:29:00 AM

I tried both the light and regular. Both were too pale and shimmery. They emphasized wrinkles and texture.

The fake sunscreen smell does fade after a while but occasionally you can catch a whiff throughout the day.

THE RUBBERY SPONGE APPLICATOR IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN. I feel extra bad for women who don't know to throw it away and use a brush.

on 1/17/2018 6:39:00 PM

This review is for the Light version of this bronzer.
I’m fairly pale (N18) and never wear bronzer. I tried this because it got great reviews and honestly, I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to be without it now. I use it as a light contour around the edges of my face and under cheekbones and the difference it makes to my skin is crazy. There’s no glitter particles at all in it, not even very tiny ones, but it does somehow give a lit from within glow. Being pale, I don’t think having a tan is “healthy” the way a lot of people do, but this bronzer doesn’t make me look tan at all. It just defines and makes my skin look fantastic.
It doesn’t have an orange undertone, so is perfect for ladies with cool complexions. It does have quite a strong coconut scent so if you’re sensitive to fragrance in your products, you may want to give it a miss. The texture is just divine, it is soft and buttery, but not a cream, so it can be swept on easily with a brush. The sponge applicator that comes with the product is rubbish though.
It’s so light and buildable, even a total bronzing amateur like me can’t mess it up.

on 1/9/2018 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$14.95. for .38 oz. I got the color Sunkissed which is more warm toned like the light color. Deep and Bronzer are more cool toned.

Description from Physiciansformula website:

Product Benefits
What It Is: Ultra-luxurious bronzer, infused with Murumuru Butter, delivers a radiant Brazilian goddess glow! Incredibly creamy and soft texture combines the best features of a powder and cream bronzer, to deliver a lit-from-within tropical glow unlike any other.

Hypoallergenic. Paraben Free. Gluten Free. Cruelty Free. Oil-Free. Non-comedogenic. Dermatologist Approved.

Why It’s Good For You: Packed with essential fatty acids and pro-vitamins that soften, condition and moisturize skin, leaving it silky soft. Ultra-rich bronzer formula instantly melts into skin, sealing-in moisture to deliver instant and lasting hydration. Features ultra-refined pearl and soft-focus pigments that smooth skin texture, brighten skin tone and deliver a gorgeous bronze finish.

Key Ingredients: Infused with a powerful blend of Murumuru Butter, Cupuacu Butter and Tucuma Butter, from the lush and nutrient-rich Amazon.

Ingredients:

May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

The packaging reminds me of the Milani baked blushes compacts. Big, bulky and a useless compartment in the bottom that just makes it clunky. the appearance isn't bad if you like South Beach, Key West types of looks, but I sure would never call it classy or sleek but it's not all that bad. The bottom opens up, just like Milani baked blushes, but instead of having a brush it has a totally useless sponge thing with a plastic handle.... what were they thinking?. It also has a small mirror in the bottom. I would have preferred they made it slimmer, left the bottom compartment off and put the mirror in the top or just eliminated it and charged less. I rarely use mirrors on products unless it is my pressed powder compact in my purse.

First I will address the fragrance and yes, it is strong. When you open it, you smell it immediately. I knew this and this is why I hesitated on this for a while because I did NOT like the way it smelled. It smells like pure coconut, strong coconut. I really thought that I would end up returning this because I don't like heavy fragrances on my face. However, within 5-10 minutes after applying the scent was gone on my face. It does not linger long. I don't care for the scent of coconut in beauty products of any kind and especially on my face near my nose and I don't know why they thought it would be good to put a heavy coconut scent in this. I hope they get enough complaints and that they reformulate it and lose the fragrance because the product itself, despite the clunky packaging, laughable applicator and heavy scent is so good.

This has no glitter, no shimmer and applies like a dream. It is is not very pigmented.... but this can be a good thing for me because I have lots of bronzers that are too pigmented and they sit in the drawer unused. Since they discontinued my Armani Sheer Bronzers I have never found one that I liked as much as those. The ones I use the most now are Nars Laguna and Benefit Hoola but I don't love either. I finally hit the pan on both of them. I usually only use Laguna at night because of the shimmer, and Hoola can sometimes look too orange or like my face is dirty. I like it, but it seems to look better on me when I have no foundation on. I use them to get rid of them... but I don't love either.

The Butter Bronzer so far is showing a lot of promise. The formula is very nice. I haven't tried it yet with all of my foundations, tinted moisturizers, BB creams but I have with several and on my face with no foundation it looks very nice and natural. So far the scent is subtle. Honestly, its gone from my face in 10 minutes or less..... time will tell if it becomes obnoxious after a while. I don't apply it heavily, if you do, the scent may linger longer. The colors Light and Sunkissed have more pink/red in them, warmer tones, the colors Bronzer and Deep are more cool toned. Bronzer looked dirty on me, the color was not good so I got Sunkissed which on me looks exactly how my skin looks if I got some sun.

If you are extremely sensitive to fragrances, have allergies, etc. I would probably suggest you pass on this one. I consider the fragrance in the compact and while applying strong. Some love the smell of it some hate it. I'm not fond of it at all, but like I stated before, it doesn't linger too long on my face and I do very much like the product.

on 12/5/2017 7:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The shade is good for someone who is fair skinned but the smell was horrible... like fake coconutty plastic smell that reminds me of cheap toys you buy at Dollar Tree. It didnt oxidize on me too much and didnt look orange but the smell was enough to trigger a migraine... i wont be finishing it up or buying it again

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love how this applies, but I just can't get past the smell. I can smell the smell on my face all day long and it makes me feel a bit sick to my stomach, so sadly, this has to be a no for me.