Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.5

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

A little about my skin tone, eyes and hair before I get onto the review: Very fair and cool toned, gray eyes and red (copper/auburn) dyed hair. The best way to describe my skin tone is to describe it as a white peach. If you've ever seen a white peach then you know the flesh is a creamy pale color with some pink and peach coloring on it. That is the best way to describe my skin tone, fair with some cool toned peachiness to it.
For us very fair and cool toned gals, I think it's hard to find cool toned bronzers because most bronzers are warm toned and that always translates to orange on cool toned skin. I like a bronzer to look like what would happen if I spent time in the sun which is gives me a pink, cool toned "spent some time in the sun" natural flushed color to my skin. I don't want orange, my skin doesn't turn orange when exposed to the sun, nobody's does.
If your bronzer is looking too orange, too red, too yellow, too pink, etc on your skin then you most likely have the wrong undertone and/ or depth of bronzer for your particular skin tone.
This review is for the shade 'Bronzer' which is the most perfect cool toned bronzer I've found in the drugstore with the exception of some I mention below as other suggestions to check out. Most bronzers lean warm toned which always translates to orange on my very fair, cool toned skin. Not the shade 'Bronzer' which is a cool toned, pinky rosy based brown.
When I bought this, literally each and every shade looked identical in their packages so I just grabbed this shade and bought it, not realizing this would be such a perfect match for my fair skin. While this does look a bit darker than a few of the other shades, it's really not that dark. The shade 'Bronzer' is very forgiving on my cool toned, pale skin and the blendibility is perfect, such as the word 'Butter' in the name would suggest.
Packaging is clunky and bulky and I hate it. Clasp broke very quickly so now it doesn't latch, applicator it came with is useless. Wish PF would do away with the bulkiness and useless brushes cause nobody uses the brushes and they end up in landfills. Scent doesn't bother me nor does it linger, I'm a migraine sufferer and the scent does not bother me one bit.
Other bronzers to check out if you're looking for other suggestions for fair, cool toned skin gals and prefer cool toned bronzers: L'Oreal True Match Lumi Bronze It in the shade 01 Light- this one is slightly cool toned, has a slight taupe color to it, just a hair of taupe and is very forgiving on my fair skin (taupe can look purple or gray on my fair skin), L'Oreal Glam Bronze 01 Light- this shade is slightly different than the Lumi Bronze It, it's slightly more warm and more glowy but also a little bit cool toned (hard to describe this shade but once applied but looks great) looks perfect on me and NOT orange, Makeup Revolution Pro 4K Bronzer Palette in Cool (a quad of 4 cool toned shades in various depths) good luck at getting this, it's been OOS for so long (suggesting this *if* you can get this where you live such as UK/EU or if it happens to come back in stock (been on the wait list email for 5 days, sent MUR a message on FB to see if it's coming back and no reply but did see 1 review on YT, it's a cool toned bronzer lover's dream) :( ELF Bronzer palette in the shade Light- this has 2 cool toned shades in it (one is slightly more warm, leaning slightly cool with no orange, not 100% cool but is fine on my skin), ELF Contour palette- this has 2 cool toned contour powders though not bronzers but I suppose they could be used as such since there's no taupe coloring in this palette, ELF Studio bronzer in the shade Cool. This is beautiful, unfortunately this is discontinued so you will need to buy this on eBay, WnW Bikini Contest- this is a beautiful cool toned bronzer that has a pinkness to it which is perfect for my cool toned sisters who get a pinkness to their skin when exposed to sunlight and want to mimic what the sunlight does to their skin, TBS Honey Bronze Face Gel- has a reddish/pink undertone which is perfect to mimic like you just spent time in the sun, somewhat like a sunburnt look but very natural, this is perfect for summertime cause it stays put, Rimmel Natural Bronzer in the shade Sun Light and Sun Bronze- both are perfect cool toned bronzers at a very affordable price, slight sheen/glow to it but not glittery (could not find any good swatches of these Rimmel bronzers other than on Influenster's site), MUA bronzer in 100 which is very cool toned and perfect but I had to order it online cause this brand isn't available in the US.
I hope this review really helps my very fair, cool toned sisters out there.

i have only recently learned how to use bronzer properly, as it was one of those products ive always been wary of using. when this launched, with all the hype of youtube in addition to my growing love for makeup, i went to buy it. it smells soo good, it is a strong coconutty scent that is either loved or hated, but i tend to like scents in my products since i feel it makes getting ready more fun. this is not thag pigmented, which for my novice hands, i really appreciate because it makes blending it so much easier and not noticeablly splotchy. now that ive learned how to use bronzer, its come in so handy on days where im feeling bloaty and carrying extra water weight. the packaging is very chunky and the sponge applicator is useless

on 4/11/2018 8:53:00 AM

I like the light & bronzer shades but the new ones are way too warm for my skin color. It’s hands down my favorite bronzer in the other shades though.

on 8/26/2017 10:43:00 AM

This is the only product by Physician's Formula that I have tried. I have heard great things about their products but the price tag kept me from trying them out. I picked this up a few months back at CVS on one of their Extra Bucks deals. Overall, I am pleased with this bronzer. It provides nice coverage without loads of shimmer, so if you are looking for a simple face look but want to bronze yourself up this is a good choice. I have to watch how much I put on though, if I use too much I look too orange. The lighting in my bathroom is quite deceiving. I walk out of there thinking I look fine but a few hours later I examine myself in the bathroom mirror at work and see that I look more orange than I thought.

I don't mind the smell, but it's a tad strong when you apply it, but it does fade quickly so that is a plus. I don't think I could stand smelling like coconuts all day. I really like the packaging though, it's colorful and vibrant. I will likely keep this packaging once it's gone just to see if I can find another use for it. Weird I know.

Would I buy again? I would, but only if it was on sale. I find that my holy grail bronzer Wet N Wild in Ticket to Brazil comparable to this but at a much lower price. To compare, PF is 11 grams (.38 oz) and WNW is 13 grams (.46 grams). This PF bronzer is in the shade light, and side by side to Ticket to Brazil they are very similar shadewise.

Overall I give this 4.5 stars.

Kroger only had Light Bronze so hey I ended up w Light Bronze! Let me just say I'm a sucker for packaging it's so durn cute, I loooooove the applicator & it smells like coppertone heaven! This is great for contouring my nose. The applicator is so precise I can slim down this [insert crass yet anatomical name for Trump Vienna sausage-like appendage] nose! It needs serious slimming. This is not too dark & muddy. I made an expensive mistake w my guerlain bronzer it is awful dark it's #3 color I was under the impression I was getting #2 color oh well MAC matte bronze is really dark too. Im NC20 so I love this satin finish bronzer. It could be a hair darker but it's not that big of a deal & what is a big deal is that it is cruelty-free I try to buy CF when I can.

on 9/23/2016 10:37:00 AM

Yes it's a very nice color, similar to hoola, yes it's buttery and soft but doesn't last more than an hour on my normal skin.... Threw it away after it shattered in my purse. I'm back to hoola. Will not buy again just be I don't like to re apply 5 times a day

this is such a good bronzer and also smells divine.
I only recently started using bronzer and I'm so glad that I got this one.
it isn't the most pigmented of bronzers when swatched but it looks natural and is buildable. I have medium light skin tone, usually natural beige and nude in foundation shade, I like the fact that you need to build this product up to get the desired effect because that allows for less mistakes.

the packaging is a little bit too bulky and the applicator included is useless.

on 7/18/2016 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

extremely smooth and buttery feeling. nice smell is a big plus! didn't break out my sensitive acne prone (& oily) skin. may be a tad too light for anybody darker than nc35+ skin, mine is nc30/35 and this bronzer is not very noticeable:)

I very rarely use powder bronzer because I can't really apply it without it looking orange on me. I bought this mainly because of the review that say it smells like coconut, and I love it just for the scent alone. the formula is really buttery and smooth, and I like that it is not that pigmented because it makes it easier to use, at least for me, but that will definitely be a complaint for those with deeper skin tone than mine. I have no idea what it is in Mac but as YouTube saaamage says, natural beige usually fits my skintone so there's your idea.

This is the best bronzer I have ever used. It is the most natural-looking on my pale skin, not orange or dirty looking. Fantastic and the scent is great! Love!