Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.2

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 1/4/2019 2:45:00 AM

I have fair-medium yellow undertone oily/combination skin. I use the shade "Bronzer" for day-to-day application and for special occasions! This is a very natural and buildable bronzer that would suit even for beginners to makeup junkies. The packaging is very bulky, and it has a compartment that has this sponge applicator on the bottom. I've used the sponge applicator a few times when I traveled awhile back and honestly it wasnt //that// bad, but it was too flimsy I just wont ever use it again. The clasp also broke after a few days so that was great :) But packaging aside, the formula on this bronzer is phenomenal! I use this daily for 8-10 hours and the bronzer still shows up at the end of the day. It has a little bit of sheen to it, but nothing shimmery and glittery so for those matte makeup-lovers I think it would still work. The shade "Bronzer" also works as a great contour shade as it is not too warm in color and more of a cool-toned golden brown.
Please note that this has oil and is scented (pretty heavily at that) so if your skin is quite sensitive, I would say to steer away from using this product!
All in all, this is just an overall great bronzer for all skin types and makeup user levels, that you just know would perform well and not let you down.

A little about my skin tone, eyes and hair before I get onto the review: Very fair and cool toned, gray eyes and red (copper/auburn) dyed hair. The best way to describe my skin tone is to describe it as a white peach. If you've ever seen a white peach then you know the flesh is a creamy pale color with some pink and peach coloring on it. That is the best way to describe my skin tone, fair with some cool toned peachiness to it.
For us very fair and cool toned gals, I think it's hard to find cool toned bronzers because most bronzers are warm toned and that always translates to orange on cool toned skin. I like a bronzer to look like what would happen if I spent time in the sun which is gives me a pink, cool toned "spent some time in the sun" natural flushed color to my skin. I don't want orange, my skin doesn't turn orange when exposed to the sun, nobody's does.
If your bronzer is looking too orange, too red, too yellow, too pink, etc on your skin then you most likely have the wrong undertone and/ or depth of bronzer for your particular skin tone.
This review is for the shade 'Bronzer' which is the most perfect cool toned bronzer I've found in the drugstore with the exception of some I mention below as other suggestions to check out. Most bronzers lean warm toned which always translates to orange on my very fair, cool toned skin. Not the shade 'Bronzer' which is a cool toned, pinky rosy based brown.
When I bought this, literally each and every shade looked identical in their packages so I just grabbed this shade and bought it, not realizing this would be such a perfect match for my fair skin. While this does look a bit darker than a few of the other shades, it's really not that dark. The shade 'Bronzer' is very forgiving on my cool toned, pale skin and the blendibility is perfect, such as the word 'Butter' in the name would suggest.
Packaging is clunky and bulky and I hate it. Clasp broke very quickly so now it doesn't latch, applicator it came with is useless. Wish PF would do away with the bulkiness and useless brushes cause nobody uses the brushes and they end up in landfills. Scent doesn't bother me nor does it linger, I'm a migraine sufferer and the scent does not bother me one bit.
Other bronzers to check out if you're looking for other suggestions for fair, cool toned skin gals and prefer cool toned bronzers: L'Oreal True Match Lumi Bronze It in the shade 01 Light- this one is slightly cool toned, has a slight taupe color to it, just a hair of taupe and is very forgiving on my fair skin (taupe can look purple or gray on my fair skin), L'Oreal Glam Bronze 01 Light- this shade is slightly different than the Lumi Bronze It, it's slightly more warm and more glowy but also a little bit cool toned (hard to describe this shade but once applied but looks great) looks perfect on me and NOT orange, Makeup Revolution Pro 4K Bronzer Palette in Cool (a quad of 4 cool toned shades in various depths) good luck at getting this, it's been OOS for so long (suggesting this *if* you can get this where you live such as UK/EU or if it happens to come back in stock (been on the wait list email for 5 days, sent MUR a message on FB to see if it's coming back and no reply but did see 1 review on YT, it's a cool toned bronzer lover's dream) :( ELF Bronzer palette in the shade Light- this has 2 cool toned shades in it (one is slightly more warm, leaning slightly cool with no orange, not 100% cool but is fine on my skin), ELF Contour palette- this has 2 cool toned contour powders though not bronzers but I suppose they could be used as such since there's no taupe coloring in this palette, ELF Studio bronzer in the shade Cool. This is beautiful, unfortunately this is discontinued so you will need to buy this on eBay, WnW Bikini Contest- this is a beautiful cool toned bronzer that has a pinkness to it which is perfect for my cool toned sisters who get a pinkness to their skin when exposed to sunlight and want to mimic what the sunlight does to their skin, TBS Honey Bronze Face Gel- has a reddish/pink undertone which is perfect to mimic like you just spent time in the sun, somewhat like a sunburnt look but very natural, this is perfect for summertime cause it stays put, Rimmel Natural Bronzer in the shade Sun Light and Sun Bronze- both are perfect cool toned bronzers at a very affordable price, slight sheen/glow to it but not glittery (could not find any good swatches of these Rimmel bronzers other than on Influenster's site), MUA bronzer in 100 which is very cool toned and perfect but I had to order it online cause this brand isn't available in the US.
I hope this review really helps my very fair, cool toned sisters out there.

on 11/19/2018 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this bronzer. I am not a big bronzer person as I am PALE and can't get anything to blend well enough into my skin/foundation. this blends like a sweet dream and gives the best dimension to my skin. The smell is heavenly as if the formula wasn't enough to make me love this. The only thing I don't love is the packaging. It is aesthetically pleasing for sure but I hate how PF put the little extra compartment in the bottom of the compact for the brush. It just makes it bulky and the mirror is not user friendly due to the weird bottom compartment. I am always scared I will drop my baby bronzer.

Other than that, this product is bomb and HG for me. Buy it!

on 11/11/2018 1:27:00 AM

Tried this on a whim because it's so much cheaper than my Bobbi brown bronzer.
I haven't used my other bronzer since I bought this one! It goes on so smooth, blends perfectly, and doesn't irritate my skin.
I went back and bought the blush and I use both almost daily. Great drug store product! Great price! Highly recommend trying this and the blush!

on 10/24/2018 3:18:00 AM

First of all I love the scent. It literally transported me to Brazil. That smell of the product is so nice. It feels like a nice creamy texture and glides so easy over my cheeks. The color lasts whole day despite the heat here( we're right on the Equator, you guys). The scent lasts long enough and I swear I could use this a body cream/lotion! It feels so soft and good on my skin . I love the colorful tropical packaging. I`m def changing brands this season when it comes to bronzers, for sure. This is going to be my HG now. Recommend? Yes, buy!

on 10/7/2018 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hardly reach for my other bronzers anymore. This one is just so smooth and buttery and blends like a dream. I the winter I use shade Bronzer (NC25), and use the Deep Bronzer during the summer (when I'm more NC30). I love the tropical scent, as I like the smell of coconuts. The packaging is a bit bulky and it comes with a sponge that I don't use, I just apply with a brush, building it up to achieve a nice all over warmth to my skin. Prefer this to Benefits Hula.

i have only recently learned how to use bronzer properly, as it was one of those products ive always been wary of using. when this launched, with all the hype of youtube in addition to my growing love for makeup, i went to buy it. it smells soo good, it is a strong coconutty scent that is either loved or hated, but i tend to like scents in my products since i feel it makes getting ready more fun. this is not thag pigmented, which for my novice hands, i really appreciate because it makes blending it so much easier and not noticeablly splotchy. now that ive learned how to use bronzer, its come in so handy on days where im feeling bloaty and carrying extra water weight. the packaging is very chunky and the sponge applicator is useless

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This bronzer is such a great drugstore find! Smells great, blends great, looks great and wont break the bank. I've never had problems with it looking muddy or weird like other bronzers. It is so quick and easy to just buff on and get out the door! Would definitely recommend and repurchase. One thing to keep in mind though is that the lighter shade is SUPER light. It works for me in the winter but I have to switch to the darker shade in summer.

on 8/29/2018 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this bronzer in the shade Bronzer and it's perfect for fair skin because of the neutral undertone. It's finely milled and blends very well, not patchy at all. It also smells heavenly. The only negative aspect is the bulky packaging (and the applicator you get is completely unusable), but the product itself is fantastic.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I'm NC 35-40 and have this bronzer in Deep Bronzer which is not too cool or warm. Not orangey either. I love to use this to give some warmth to my face after foundation.

The formula is soft and blends really well into the skin. I don't find that it applies patchy at all. I use a angled brush that I bought from big lots to apply onto my face.

In regards to the scent, I don't hate it and I don't love it. Would be a plus without the scent but it's ok since I don't find it to be really strong and it goes away after a while.

The packaging is cute but way too bulky. I could make do without the extra bulkiness. It seems all their compacts are like that. I wish they would take the hint and reduce the bulkiness. Maybe that will reduce the price too. I bought mine at CVS and they're selling it for $16.79. Kinda pricey for a DS bronzer if you ask me. But I always get it for less there with the ECB.

I definitely repurchase and am thinking about getting the color Bronzer to compare. Of course I'm gonna use coupons..lol

I reach for this more than my Bobbi Brown bronzer which I also love. Definitely recommend giving this a try and you can always return if you don't like it at places like CVS and Riteaid.