Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.2

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 1/9/2016 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

When I heard Youtube beauty guru Tati (GlamLifeGuru) raving about Physican's Formula's newest Butter Bronzer, I couldn't wait to try it out!

I've only been able to find it at CVS, and it's WAY overpriced - $14.95. Thankfully there was a $4 manufacturer coupon attached to the packaging, and with an additional 20% off CVS coupon, I was able to purchase it for a FAR more reasonable $8.

Packaging is bulky, but pretty. It comes with what I can only assume is a worthless sponge applicator - I applied it with my own powder brush. This bronzer is HIGHLY fragranced - it smells of a coconutty sunscreen. If fragraced products bother you - steer clear!

This bronzer only comes in two shades - "Light Bronzer" and "Bronzer". I'm fair - NC15 - yet STILL chose the darker "Bronzer" shade. This will only be a true bronzer on fair and light skin tones, thanks to the typical Physician's Formula poor shade range. If you ARE fair/light complected, you will enjoy the "cooler" tint to this bronzer - it is in NO way exceptionally warm or orangey. The finish is not matte, but not glittery, either - it has a lovely diffused glow/sheen to it that buffed in beautifully around the perimeter of my face and under my cheekbones. No oxidation with 10 hours of wear.

I anticipate enjoying this until my summer tan makes it necessary to purchase something in a deeper shade - until then, it has a lovely finish for fair/light skinned complexions.

This is the best bronzer out there. It is soft, creamy and the finish is amazing. It has a strong coconut smell. I like it. The light bronzer is a warm peachy bronze and the bronze is cooler. I never was a big bronzer fan because it went too orange and patchy. I finally found my bronzer. Better than expensive ones!

on 5/8/2018 1:35:00 PM

Bronzer is not my favorite product to spend big $$$ on, but it's a necessity for me - I'm olive-skinned and in warm weather, my body will get darker than my face, so I need it to even everything out a bit. I have tried about 6,457 versions of all makeup items except bronzer, and I generally stick to Too Faced chocolate soleil. But I got bored, as one does, and picked this up.

I have this in Bronzer (very thoughtful name) and apply with the EcoTools Bronze Buki brush (which I LOVE). Yeah it's heavily scented. It doesn't bother me...but it's HEAVILY scented. I can only smell it during application though. I hate the packaging: it's ugly, bulky, and has that useless extra compartment with a bizarre sponge applicator thingy.

Now the good stuff. This is the perfect texture. It's kind of creamy, and not that pigmented, so you don't live in fear of creating a delusional version of yourself where you look like you fell face-first in a sand dune vs. having spent the day at the beach. (I speak from experience.) Yet it can also be built up without creating mountains of texture on your skin. I really appreciate that versatility. There is no shimmer but it's not an entirely flat finish either. It gives the burnished texture of skin that has actually been hit by the sun. The tone is spot on - not too warm as to look super fake, and not too cool as to look like a contour shade. It's affordable (still at the high end of drugstore prices though). Lasting power is good and it doesn't change color throughout the course of the day. It hasn't irritated my skin or broken me out (never a guarantee).

In combination with the Bronze Buki brush, it allows me to bronze AND subtly sculpt my face at the same time. I definitely recommend this (if you're not sensitive to strong scents). I like this better than the Too Faced, tbh. It just makes the whole thing so....easy.

on 8/31/2016 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The reason I would not buy this again is because even the darkest shade in this bronzer is way too light for tan/medium-medium dark/dark skintones. I have medium-dark/tan skin, MAC 40-42 and the darkest shade "Bronzer" does not show up on my skin.

I'm now using it as a sort of setting powder for the outside perimeters of my face and temples. I can imagine using the lighter shade for touch ups all over, ha!

This product is highly scented, im talking about coconuts for days when it's opened and the smell stays on the skin too. I love coconuts and I dont mind scented products... but if that sort of thing bothers you, you will hate this and you have been warned.

Packaging is super cute and I love tropical things that remind me of vacations. The smell+packaging together makes me happy.

If you have pale/fair/light skin, you will love this. It is not at all orange, shimmery, garish, muddy, or very dark. It is very natural looking. The texture is buttery smooth as well. However, I WISH THIS CAME IN DARKER SHADES!

on 3/6/2016 9:57:00 PM

No no no. This doesn't work for me at all. Wrong everything. I'm fair skinned; it made me look like a demented clown.

on 2/15/2016 7:52:00 PM

I'm so happy that I found this bronzer! As most fair/cool toned people know, bronzers that don't make you look dirty, orange or glittery are hard to come by. This product gives me that perfect sun kissed look that I've longed for in a bronzer. I even find myself throwing this on without any other makeup except some lip gloss and feel at least more "put together". I have the lighter of the two and couldn't love it more. Slightly expensive for a drugstore product but I'd say worth it. Not sure about the applicator, I use a kabuki brush and I like the scent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I brought the lightest one and the color doesn't work well for my very fair skin (NC10). Its too light and sheer for a bronzer, it doesn't show up that well and makes me look a bit dirty, like I'm not bronzed on purpose, I just haven't washed my face. Its too dark and sheer for a highlight. And too matte and cakey to be a finishing powder. for me.

The packaging is cute but its bulky and hard to store. The scent smells strongly of rancid butter. I'm not getting anything like tropical coconut?? And it lingers all day. I really don't want to smell like off dairy products all day.

The powder quality isn't that great either. I thought ooh nice in the finger swatch but on my skin it looks cakey and feels thick and heavy. maybe because I have oily skin its not going on properly? I did try different brushes, buffing on vs sweeping on ect and I couldn't get it to work. The matte-yet-sparkly finish doesn't suit me either. I have very fair (mature) skin and I think this takes away all the natural light in my skin and tries to replace it with fake looking little sparkles. It makes my skin look depressingly dull like I'm in need of a good peel and I'm trying too hard to cover it up with fake/cheap looking shimmery powder. Especially when you're in full sunlight those shimmers are really obvious. I think I'll save up for a more refined bronzer. I don't recommend this for very fair, mature skins.

on 5/3/2018 12:16:00 AM

I have gone through four of these bronzers. I even have the Benefit hula bronzer and I still reach for this one!

The pigmentation is great, it lasts all day, and I honestly look forward to that smell every time
I do my make up. The ritual doesn’t feel complete without it!

I honestly can’t knock this product for anything. If I had to give constructive criticism maybe a less bulky packaging and different applicator. Honestly, the weird sponge applicator doesn’t apply bronzer well and I guarantee 90% of users end up tossing it! Also, I go through this extremely fast and noticed it’s a more fragile powder. I usually end up having to toss it because once I hit pan, if the component knocks into anything, the pressed powder will break apart. Maybe the fact it is a soft powder is why it works so well - and don’t get me wrong - I’ll still use the crumbs! Wait. Is that why it’s in a clunkier compact ?! Answering my own questions 😂 Just like to give a thorough review to anyone thinking about purchasing it.

Recommend times ten.

on 4/5/2017 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Physician's Formula needs to re-evaluate their shade selection. A vast majority of their powders, bronzers, blushes, foundations, concealers, etc. are geared towards fair to fair-medium skin. If you have a medium skintone or deeper I wouldn't even bother with this product, as the only 2 shades are "light bronze" & "bronze". I went for the bronze option because it looks less orange-toned in the pan. I'm on the fair side of fair-medium, so I knew this would show up on me.

When I got home and took this product out of the packaging, the piña colada smell hit me in the face overpoweringly. I'm not sensitive to scents so that didn't deter me from using it, but it was disappointing. Luckily the smell faded quite significantly. It somehow seemed to become less artificial-smelling & more pleasant as I used it more and more.

The packaging itself, I like. The top opens up to the bronzer. The bottom opens up as well because it comes with a sponge thing that no one ever talks about in reviews because it's completely pointless. There's a mirror above where the sponge is stored, which is a nice touch.

What is Muramuru butter? According to Google: "Astrocaryum murumuru is a palm native to Amazon Rainforest vegetation in Brazil, which bears edible fruits. Murumuru butter, extracted from the seeds of the plant, may be used as a moisturizer." The idea of that is interesting to me. I never realized that maybe this bronzer is meant to be.. not necessarily moisturizing (I don't think a powder product could actually deliver moisture), but perhaps it's designed to somewhat lock in moisture, or at least not make you look or feel dehydrated.

The product itself is extremely nice. Not too orange-toned. It's kind of shimmery when swatched but don't let that deter you unless you absolutely must have something 100% matte. I'm not opposed to a little shimmer, but it doesn't even show up shimmery on the skin at all. I'd say that the effect is more subtly glowy than anything else. The formulation is a powder but it feels pretty creamy & I hate to use the word but BUTTERY. Blends in nicely over cream foundation. I like using this all over my face to give a wash of color & I like to bring it down my neck to create a seamlessly blended finish.

Overall I have ONE bronzer from the drugstore that I like better than this one for a few reasons: the Wet n' Wild Ticket To Brazil bronzer. It has SPF, is quite similar in tone, less expensive and you get more product. The Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer comes in at a close second place though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For a pale round face gal who needs a little bronzer to add some color and shape to her middle aged pie face, this is exactly the right color and level of pigmentation. I wash it around the outside of my face and under my jaw to define my jawline, and sometimes a little down my neck. I can then add warm or cool blush on my upper apple and I look good, refreshed and healthy and glowing, not like DTrump's twin sister. No orange tones, and the color is beautifully soft. The packaging is meh, but the product rivals that of all He bronzera I have tried: Chanel, NARS, Lancôme, estee, etc.