Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

3.9

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

Oh, Murumuru Butter Bronzer, how I wanted to love you. Most drugstore bronzers, on me, just look like dirt. I'd read so many wonderful things about you, so I got you one day when I had mega-CVS ExtraBucks and discounts on my ExtraCare card. Alas, our love was not to be. The instant that I opened your package, and caught a whiff of your gross coconut-scented odor, I was crushed with disappointment. Physicians Formula (and Tarte, too, for that matter), WHY must you contaminate powdered cosmetics with vile cheap odors?? The saddest part of all is that I like the way this bronzer looks, feels, and lasts. But that SMELL!! (On edit: The shade I purchased is Light Bronzer, and as previously stated, it's a great shade on me. Quite subtle color, and nice texture on the skin. But I just opened it again and EW, P-U.)

on 11/25/2017 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I agree little sponge is weird. This stuff blooms on me darkening up as the day goes on. First day I looked like a clown way to much! Test and let it melt in to see shade. I get a nice flush look natural when I get it on correctly. Will not repurchase and I’m not sure this didn’t cause a check zit which I hardly ever get.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't get the weird little spongey brush thing that comes with this, but otherwise I love this product. I am pale AF so I have typically stayed very, very far away from bronzer, but due to the hype and the pretty tropical package, I was sucked in. My local Target was sold out for quite a while, but I finally found one and I jumped on the bandwagon. The first thing that one notices about this is the smell. It is quite strong, so if you cannot handle strong artificial scents then I suggest you find a different bronzer. The formula is very silky and while it swatches like it will go on pretty pigmented/heavy, it actually is more like a subtle veil rather than a heavy bronzer. You won't look like you're on Jersey Shore (the TV show, not the actual place) with this bronzer on; instead, if you use a nice fluffy brush, you'll look subtly sunkissed and your pretty little face will smell like coconuts for a while. I took off one lippie just because the smell does get a little old after a while, but otherwise this is a solid product and I would repurchase if I ever ran out. Update Jan. 2018: After several months, I do think that the smell has dissipated to a level where I don't really even notice it anymore.

This is the best bronzer I have ever used. It is the most natural-looking on my pale skin, not orange or dirty looking. Fantastic and the scent is great! Love!

on 4/29/2016 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I hate to write a bad review. I love some of PF's bronzers, the talc-free ones and the fragrance-free ones. But this one, I couldn't get past the smell. It is a very strong, powerful toasted coconut/vanilla cream pie smell (on me, at least). Lasts for hours and still smell it after I washed it off, lol. And as I see, from the reviews, not dark enough considering it said "bronzer". The only good thing about it, it gave me a glow, but the downside, it made me oily after awhile, too. I bought this with CVS coupons bringing the price down to a reasonable 8.99 (I never buy PF full price!) and this is going back.

on 4/24/2016 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried this after reading the rave reviews on MUA. I loved the fragrance and for my still Winter skin, it's enough of a color to slightly brighten. I think I'll go back to my BE Soft Focus Warmth this spring then the BE Warmth for summer. They have always been my go-to bronzer until this.

on 3/16/2016 4:43:00 PM

I just bought this in both bronze (the darker of the 2) and the lighter shade. About a month ago, I received Laura Geller's new foundation that is available on QVC. It's called "Baked Elements" and it's very good, but it is expensive. It comes in a compact, same as the Butter Bronzer. My skin tone is a "Medium" in the Laura Geller compact, and I've found out that the lighter Bronzer tone is very similar and does the same thing! The Baked Elements is made with a bit of oils, and it's supposed to be creamy, and the heat of the skin melts the makeup from powder to cream, and it moisturizes the skin that way. I find that with the tropical butters of Murumuru, Cupuacu and Tucuma, it does the same thing! It moisturizes and seals in these butters by my own body heat. I am so happy that this works for me. For the darker of the 2, I will wait for the summer when I have a little bit more color, to wear that one. This is not sparkly, it gives a slight "dewy" finish. I wear a BB cream underneath with a SPF factor, and I feel it's a sheer enough finish for me. I love this effect, and if anyone wanted to duplicate the effect of the Laura Geller Powders, and you were the right skin tone, you could achieve this look!

on 3/6/2016 9:57:00 PM

No no no. This doesn't work for me at all. Wrong everything. I'm fair skinned; it made me look like a demented clown.

on 3/6/2016 9:40:00 PM

Out of all the bronzers I have (and they are way too many) I've always reached for my PF the most. I hit pan on the bronze booster, and when I went to replace it, I found this. I bought the Bronze version, which looked a little light for my medium skin with yellow undertones, but turns out its perfect. The first thing is the scent. Like everyone says, its yummy. Very creamy manoi-like scent or something tropical. Its very pigmented and goes onto my kabuki brush beautifully. Melts into skin and blends beautifully, looking so natural. Looks better at the end of the day than it does when first applied, which is something I've always loved about PF bronzers. Just naturally kissed by the sun without any sparkles or shimmer. Matte, in a satin kinda way. I hate the packaging...its just too big and difficult to get into my little MU bag, especially since I don't use the sponge applicator they made room for. But I pack it separately 'cuz I it smells so good, applies so well, and looks so great I look forward to using it every day.

I have the light bronzer. It is very subtle and can be used all over the face. It is totally matte, no unnatural glitter. A very good neutral look for winter or for paler skin in summer. I used in place of powder. A little pricey for DS but will probably last a long time. Comes with a little brush but I used a Real Techniques brush. Very cute colorful packaging.