Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Filtered by age: 44-55
Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

3.9

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 10/24/2018 3:18:00 AM

First of all I love the scent. It literally transported me to Brazil. That smell of the product is so nice. It feels like a nice creamy texture and glides so easy over my cheeks. The color lasts whole day despite the heat here( we're right on the Equator, you guys). The scent lasts long enough and I swear I could use this a body cream/lotion! It feels so soft and good on my skin . I love the colorful tropical packaging. I`m def changing brands this season when it comes to bronzers, for sure. This is going to be my HG now. Recommend? Yes, buy!

on 9/27/2018 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like this bronzer. I have a Too Faced bronzer and a Tarte bronzer and I think I prefer the physician's formula bronzer. I just started wearing bronzer on a regular basis about a year ago and I think this butter bronzer is great for people who are nervous about bronzers turning them orange or looking cakey

This bronzer goes is lightly pigmented which is great in my opinion. I can build it slowly until I get the amount of pigment I need, rather than getting a bunch of pigment right at the start and having to blend like a crazy person trying to tone it down.

The color is great. Not too orange or too brown, looks just like a natural sunkissed glow. Oh and it's not too sparkly either, it has just the right amount of shimmer. Don't really have an opinion on the scent. It's not offensive but I could live without it. The applicator it comes with is silly, I have no idea how that thing is supposed to be used. I tried it once and I just made a streaky mess. However a nice bronzing brush makes this bronzer go on beautifully. I would repurchase

on 9/26/2018 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

At $16.50 this is a bit pricey for a drugstore bronzer. I know it has gotten rave reviews online, but I found it to be really just sort of average. I got the light bronzer shade for my fair skin. It applies quite lightly and feels more like a neutral blush shade than a bronzer. I know a lot of people online reviewing this product said the smell is very coconut and beachy and they loved it. I feel it smells like cheap sunscreen that has an extremely artificial coconut scent that borders on smelling chemical. Not a fan. Fortunately, the scent fades very quickly once it's on your skin.

The packaging seems cute at first, but it's definitely quite bulky so not good to travel with, but ok to throw in a (large) purse. The bulk makes it seem like you'll be getting a lot of product, but actually it looks like anyone who would use bronzer on a daily basis will hit pan fairly quickly. I don't really understand the applicator they included inside. It seems sort of useless - I just set it aside and used a regular blush brush, but the mirror is handy.

It's an ok product, but would not go out of my way to repurchase this.

on 2/4/2018 8:29:00 AM

I tried both the light and regular. Both were too pale and shimmery. They emphasized wrinkles and texture.

The fake sunscreen smell does fade after a while but occasionally you can catch a whiff throughout the day.

THE RUBBERY SPONGE APPLICATOR IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN. I feel extra bad for women who don't know to throw it away and use a brush.

on 1/9/2018 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$14.95. for .38 oz. I got the color Sunkissed which is more warm toned like the light color. Deep and Bronzer are more cool toned.

Description from Physiciansformula website:

Product Benefits
What It Is: Ultra-luxurious bronzer, infused with Murumuru Butter, delivers a radiant Brazilian goddess glow! Incredibly creamy and soft texture combines the best features of a powder and cream bronzer, to deliver a lit-from-within tropical glow unlike any other.

Hypoallergenic. Paraben Free. Gluten Free. Cruelty Free. Oil-Free. Non-comedogenic. Dermatologist Approved.

Why It’s Good For You: Packed with essential fatty acids and pro-vitamins that soften, condition and moisturize skin, leaving it silky soft. Ultra-rich bronzer formula instantly melts into skin, sealing-in moisture to deliver instant and lasting hydration. Features ultra-refined pearl and soft-focus pigments that smooth skin texture, brighten skin tone and deliver a gorgeous bronze finish.

Key Ingredients: Infused with a powerful blend of Murumuru Butter, Cupuacu Butter and Tucuma Butter, from the lush and nutrient-rich Amazon.

Ingredients:

May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

The packaging reminds me of the Milani baked blushes compacts. Big, bulky and a useless compartment in the bottom that just makes it clunky. the appearance isn't bad if you like South Beach, Key West types of looks, but I sure would never call it classy or sleek but it's not all that bad. The bottom opens up, just like Milani baked blushes, but instead of having a brush it has a totally useless sponge thing with a plastic handle.... what were they thinking?. It also has a small mirror in the bottom. I would have preferred they made it slimmer, left the bottom compartment off and put the mirror in the top or just eliminated it and charged less. I rarely use mirrors on products unless it is my pressed powder compact in my purse.

First I will address the fragrance and yes, it is strong. When you open it, you smell it immediately. I knew this and this is why I hesitated on this for a while because I did NOT like the way it smelled. It smells like pure coconut, strong coconut. I really thought that I would end up returning this because I don't like heavy fragrances on my face. However, within 5-10 minutes after applying the scent was gone on my face. It does not linger long. I don't care for the scent of coconut in beauty products of any kind and especially on my face near my nose and I don't know why they thought it would be good to put a heavy coconut scent in this. I hope they get enough complaints and that they reformulate it and lose the fragrance because the product itself, despite the clunky packaging, laughable applicator and heavy scent is so good.

This has no glitter, no shimmer and applies like a dream. It is is not very pigmented.... but this can be a good thing for me because I have lots of bronzers that are too pigmented and they sit in the drawer unused. Since they discontinued my Armani Sheer Bronzers I have never found one that I liked as much as those. The ones I use the most now are Nars Laguna and Benefit Hoola but I don't love either. I finally hit the pan on both of them. I usually only use Laguna at night because of the shimmer, and Hoola can sometimes look too orange or like my face is dirty. I like it, but it seems to look better on me when I have no foundation on. I use them to get rid of them... but I don't love either.

The Butter Bronzer so far is showing a lot of promise. The formula is very nice. I haven't tried it yet with all of my foundations, tinted moisturizers, BB creams but I have with several and on my face with no foundation it looks very nice and natural. So far the scent is subtle. Honestly, its gone from my face in 10 minutes or less..... time will tell if it becomes obnoxious after a while. I don't apply it heavily, if you do, the scent may linger longer. The colors Light and Sunkissed have more pink/red in them, warmer tones, the colors Bronzer and Deep are more cool toned. Bronzer looked dirty on me, the color was not good so I got Sunkissed which on me looks exactly how my skin looks if I got some sun.

If you are extremely sensitive to fragrances, have allergies, etc. I would probably suggest you pass on this one. I consider the fragrance in the compact and while applying strong. Some love the smell of it some hate it. I'm not fond of it at all, but like I stated before, it doesn't linger too long on my face and I do very much like the product.

on 8/26/2017 10:43:00 AM

This is the only product by Physician's Formula that I have tried. I have heard great things about their products but the price tag kept me from trying them out. I picked this up a few months back at CVS on one of their Extra Bucks deals. Overall, I am pleased with this bronzer. It provides nice coverage without loads of shimmer, so if you are looking for a simple face look but want to bronze yourself up this is a good choice. I have to watch how much I put on though, if I use too much I look too orange. The lighting in my bathroom is quite deceiving. I walk out of there thinking I look fine but a few hours later I examine myself in the bathroom mirror at work and see that I look more orange than I thought.

I don't mind the smell, but it's a tad strong when you apply it, but it does fade quickly so that is a plus. I don't think I could stand smelling like coconuts all day. I really like the packaging though, it's colorful and vibrant. I will likely keep this packaging once it's gone just to see if I can find another use for it. Weird I know.

Would I buy again? I would, but only if it was on sale. I find that my holy grail bronzer Wet N Wild in Ticket to Brazil comparable to this but at a much lower price. To compare, PF is 11 grams (.38 oz) and WNW is 13 grams (.46 grams). This PF bronzer is in the shade light, and side by side to Ticket to Brazil they are very similar shadewise.

Overall I give this 4.5 stars.

I have a love hate relationship with Physician Formula products but I am happy to say I am in love with this Butter Bronzer.

Its is so soft and velvety milled, smells tropical and is very moisturising on your face without leaving a build up of colour and cakiness. Matte finish with no shimmer or sparkles and that is a bonus when you get to my age.

I have both shades which I use for contouring and they are just perfect for my light skin tone.

I love rubbing my finger over the rivulets just for the soft feel of the powder and when you brush it on to finish your makeup it's like you hardly have any powder on your skin but it sets all day. Doesn't dry out your skin, or leave patches but there is enough to soak up any oily concerns. Great for holidays when you don't want to wear too much makeup during the day but dress up at night.

It can be very expensive to purchase in Australia so my recommendation is to purchase from iHerb for a third of the price.

on 5/28/2017 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

As an NC30 girl, I love the Bronze shade. It is subtle and natural. It is the exact match of the tan that I have on my arms. I don't get the applicator at all and I use a separate brush. My favorite bronzers have always been from this brand. They all look very natural. Apply this and look at your face in your phone camera. It looks as if you have come back from a Cancun vacation. Highly recommended!

on 2/1/2017 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Sorry but I just don't get the hype with this product. I'm NW20 for reference and it's just too light, almost like a tinted setting powder. I gave it to a friend who does however love it.

on 12/26/2016 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I don't understand the love for this product. It did absolutely nothing. It's so light it doesn't show up. Wish I would've returned it. It was a lot of money for something I used once.