Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Filtered by age: 36-43
Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.3

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

A little about my skin tone, eyes and hair before I get onto the review: Very fair and cool toned, gray eyes and red (copper/auburn) dyed hair. The best way to describe my skin tone is to describe it as a white peach. If you've ever seen a white peach then you know the flesh is a creamy pale color with some pink and peach coloring on it. That is the best way to describe my skin tone, fair with some cool toned peachiness to it.
For us very fair and cool toned gals, I think it's hard to find cool toned bronzers because most bronzers are warm toned and that always translates to orange on cool toned skin. I like a bronzer to look like what would happen if I spent time in the sun which is gives me a pink, cool toned "spent some time in the sun" natural flushed color to my skin. I don't want orange, my skin doesn't turn orange when exposed to the sun, nobody's does.
If your bronzer is looking too orange, too red, too yellow, too pink, etc on your skin then you most likely have the wrong undertone and/ or depth of bronzer for your particular skin tone.
This review is for the shade 'Bronzer' which is the most perfect cool toned bronzer I've found in the drugstore with the exception of some I mention below as other suggestions to check out. Most bronzers lean warm toned which always translates to orange on my very fair, cool toned skin. Not the shade 'Bronzer' which is a cool toned, pinky rosy based brown.
When I bought this, literally each and every shade looked identical in their packages so I just grabbed this shade and bought it, not realizing this would be such a perfect match for my fair skin. While this does look a bit darker than a few of the other shades, it's really not that dark. The shade 'Bronzer' is very forgiving on my cool toned, pale skin and the blendibility is perfect, such as the word 'Butter' in the name would suggest.
Packaging is clunky and bulky and I hate it. Clasp broke very quickly so now it doesn't latch, applicator it came with is useless. Wish PF would do away with the bulkiness and useless brushes cause nobody uses the brushes and they end up in landfills. Scent doesn't bother me nor does it linger, I'm a migraine sufferer and the scent does not bother me one bit.
Other bronzers to check out if you're looking for other suggestions for fair, cool toned skin gals and prefer cool toned bronzers: L'Oreal True Match Lumi Bronze It in the shade 01 Light- this one is slightly cool toned, has a slight taupe color to it, just a hair of taupe and is very forgiving on my fair skin (taupe can look purple or gray on my fair skin), L'Oreal Glam Bronze 01 Light- this shade is slightly different than the Lumi Bronze It, it's slightly more warm and more glowy but also a little bit cool toned (hard to describe this shade but once applied but looks great) looks perfect on me and NOT orange, Makeup Revolution Pro 4K Bronzer Palette in Cool (a quad of 4 cool toned shades in various depths) good luck at getting this, it's been OOS for so long (suggesting this *if* you can get this where you live such as UK/EU or if it happens to come back in stock (been on the wait list email for 5 days, sent MUR a message on FB to see if it's coming back and no reply but did see 1 review on YT, it's a cool toned bronzer lover's dream) :( ELF Bronzer palette in the shade Light- this has 2 cool toned shades in it (one is slightly more warm, leaning slightly cool with no orange, not 100% cool but is fine on my skin), ELF Contour palette- this has 2 cool toned contour powders though not bronzers but I suppose they could be used as such since there's no taupe coloring in this palette, ELF Studio bronzer in the shade Cool. This is beautiful, unfortunately this is discontinued so you will need to buy this on eBay, WnW Bikini Contest- this is a beautiful cool toned bronzer that has a pinkness to it which is perfect for my cool toned sisters who get a pinkness to their skin when exposed to sunlight and want to mimic what the sunlight does to their skin, TBS Honey Bronze Face Gel- has a reddish/pink undertone which is perfect to mimic like you just spent time in the sun, somewhat like a sunburnt look but very natural, this is perfect for summertime cause it stays put, Rimmel Natural Bronzer in the shade Sun Light and Sun Bronze- both are perfect cool toned bronzers at a very affordable price, slight sheen/glow to it but not glittery (could not find any good swatches of these Rimmel bronzers other than on Influenster's site), MUA bronzer in 100 which is very cool toned and perfect but I had to order it online cause this brand isn't available in the US.
I hope this review really helps my very fair, cool toned sisters out there.

on 11/11/2018 1:27:00 AM

Tried this on a whim because it's so much cheaper than my Bobbi brown bronzer.
I haven't used my other bronzer since I bought this one! It goes on so smooth, blends perfectly, and doesn't irritate my skin.
I went back and bought the blush and I use both almost daily. Great drug store product! Great price! Highly recommend trying this and the blush!

on 10/7/2018 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hardly reach for my other bronzers anymore. This one is just so smooth and buttery and blends like a dream. I the winter I use shade Bronzer (NC25), and use the Deep Bronzer during the summer (when I'm more NC30). I love the tropical scent, as I like the smell of coconuts. The packaging is a bit bulky and it comes with a sponge that I don't use, I just apply with a brush, building it up to achieve a nice all over warmth to my skin. Prefer this to Benefits Hula.

on 8/27/2018 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Well, this one was a starter for my contouring & highlighting (HAC) kits. As the price was quite friendly with my wallet. So I could try & test my HAC technique without being broke before I mastered it.

After tried&tested for quite some time (more than a year). I think I love it. The color of this bronzer is look good on my skin. Neither orange nor gray. (FYR, I'm Asian, with a light-medium skin tone, warm undertone, NC30-35). I even got a compliment on first time using it that my face (my makeup) looked good.
It also works well with my friends' who has a fairer skin, pink undertone , and another one who has a little darker skin tone. But I've never had a chance to apply it to some of a very deep skin tone yet.

The coconut-like smell is quite strong. But I don't find it offputting. The product is fine milled which I like. But I hate the sponge that comes with it. So I use some other bronzer brush instead. I start applying it with light handed , add some more if I think that's not enough. Finish result is viola for someone who leans on subtlety like me. Like nobody would detect it from a far. Or even when they come close to you. But it makes my face more defined. And I look good both in person and also in photos.

Compared to the Hoola, Benefit, this one is my most fave bronzer.

Because it never fails me so I have to carry it around with me when I'm travelling as well. Oh.. this is when I wish the packaging would be more tough and sturdy.

But when I look at the price, the quality, the result and I still have most of the product left after one year using it (2-3 times a week). I'm not complaining!

(I'd like to give it 4.5 lippies but don't know how to do the half :D)

on 8/22/2018 12:50:00 PM

I was looking for a new bronzer that wouldn't break the bank as my Rimmel one was running low and boy am I glad I picked up this baby. It really does go on buttery soft. It's very finely milled and is very easy to blend. It's a nice, subtle colour that's easy to build, in my opinion. Yes, the packaging is a bit large and the applicator that comes with it is pretty much useless, but that doesn't bother me, even though I'm on the road a lot and need to bring an additional brush along with this. The coconut smell that some people have complained about also doesn't bother me. I actually find it quite pleasant. If you have a richer skin tone, this probably won't work for you. But if you have light to medium skin, I think the shade range is fine.

EDIT : I'm editing my review and taking off some lippies, because I dropped my bronzer the other day (literally from a one foot high surface onto a hard wood floor) and it completely shattered. So I guess it's extremely fragile and YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT DROP THIS PRODUCT EVER! Mine is currently sitting in a small dish while I try to use it up very quickly. I'm not sure I would buy it again. I love the product, but the packaging desperately needs to be changed.

on 5/8/2018 1:35:00 PM

Bronzer is not my favorite product to spend big $$$ on, but it's a necessity for me - I'm olive-skinned and in warm weather, my body will get darker than my face, so I need it to even everything out a bit. I have tried about 6,457 versions of all makeup items except bronzer, and I generally stick to Too Faced chocolate soleil. But I got bored, as one does, and picked this up.

I have this in Bronzer (very thoughtful name) and apply with the EcoTools Bronze Buki brush (which I LOVE). Yeah it's heavily scented. It doesn't bother me...but it's HEAVILY scented. I can only smell it during application though. I hate the packaging: it's ugly, bulky, and has that useless extra compartment with a bizarre sponge applicator thingy.

Now the good stuff. This is the perfect texture. It's kind of creamy, and not that pigmented, so you don't live in fear of creating a delusional version of yourself where you look like you fell face-first in a sand dune vs. having spent the day at the beach. (I speak from experience.) Yet it can also be built up without creating mountains of texture on your skin. I really appreciate that versatility. There is no shimmer but it's not an entirely flat finish either. It gives the burnished texture of skin that has actually been hit by the sun. The tone is spot on - not too warm as to look super fake, and not too cool as to look like a contour shade. It's affordable (still at the high end of drugstore prices though). Lasting power is good and it doesn't change color throughout the course of the day. It hasn't irritated my skin or broken me out (never a guarantee).

In combination with the Bronze Buki brush, it allows me to bronze AND subtly sculpt my face at the same time. I definitely recommend this (if you're not sensitive to strong scents). I like this better than the Too Faced, tbh. It just makes the whole thing so....easy.

on 5/7/2018 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I am on the fence with this one. After reading all the raving reviews, I decided to try it out. I am a bit disappointed. Firstly: the scent. It is a very strong, nauseating coconut scent. I am not a fan of coconut and I can usually get over scents in makeup when I get used to them. This one: not so much. I tried to air it out but that didn't help much. I now keep it in a ziplock bag so it doesn't stink up my whole makeup drawer! I don't understand why they gave this bronzer such a heavy perfume, it can't be healthy for the skin either. But scent aside: it's the product that counts. And it doesn't. The shade (I purchased the shade 'bronzer' because the light one is reaaaally light I heard) is nice and suitable for my fair skin, I love that it is matte but not uber matte so it looks drying. But somehow it always applies patchy. After foundation I set with a loose powder, but whatever powder (or brush) I try underneath, this bronzer won't apply the way I want it to. The package (as always with Physicians formula) is way too bulky, but the powder itself is nice and creamy to the touch. However, I can't get it to work for me. I am still trying different ways to use it, and the price is okay. Will give it some time and then decide to keep it or not.

on 4/21/2018 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The absolute best overall bronzer!!! I reach for it over most of my high end products!! Not orange and not gray-perfect for all skin tones! And best part it’s cruelty free!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been wanting to try this for a really long time since it has such a cult following, but have held out because $14 is really high for a drug store product, in my opinion. When I saw the whole Physicians Formula Section on clearance at my grocery store today, I scooped up the last one in the light bronzer shade for $7. Score! I just tried it and it’s so pretty and looks super natural on the skin. My only complaint so far is the strong fragrance, I can still smell it on my skin. I think I will use this all the time if I can get past the smell; it’s natural enough to use all over my face for a natural glow. One tip- I have seen this for about $11 at Bed Bath and Beyond, and if you use the 20% off coupon, it will cost around $8-9; which is probably the lowest price you will find this awesome product.

I don’t normally write a review but the hype is real... buttery texture, beautiful natural glow, smells phenomenal. My new HG and I will definitely buy it again.