Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Filtered by age: 30-35
Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.2

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am really on the fence about this product. I'm in South Africa and only the light bronzer was available to me at Dis Chem.

The light bronzer barely shows up on me and I am fair complected and wear SPF every day on my face. The consistency is nice and buttery like the name describes. I have read quite a few of these reviews and the scent bothers some people. I wouldn't say it bothers me, but I also don't really enjoy the scene either. It's tolerable and I don't find that I can still smell it after applying it (but I also use a light hand. Maybe some people are applying it too heavily if the scent still lingers). I like to keep fragrance away from my skin, especially on my face, so overall I think this product would be better without the scent. I don't agree with reviews saying the scent smells nice, but it's also not a horrible smell. It just smells... fake and kind of obnoxious. The packaging feels a bit cheap and bulky, but I've never been one to complain much over packaging as long as the product itself works well. It also feels like it could break easily if dropped on a tiled bathroom floor, which I have.

Overall, I'm just not wowed by this product, but I also don't hate it either. Maybe I would like it better in the original bronzer shade.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I'm NC 35-40 and have this bronzer in Deep Bronzer which is not too cool or warm. Not orangey either. I love to use this to give some warmth to my face after foundation.

The formula is soft and blends really well into the skin. I don't find that it applies patchy at all. I use a angled brush that I bought from big lots to apply onto my face.

In regards to the scent, I don't hate it and I don't love it. Would be a plus without the scent but it's ok since I don't find it to be really strong and it goes away after a while.

The packaging is cute but way too bulky. I could make do without the extra bulkiness. It seems all their compacts are like that. I wish they would take the hint and reduce the bulkiness. Maybe that will reduce the price too. I bought mine at CVS and they're selling it for $16.79. Kinda pricey for a DS bronzer if you ask me. But I always get it for less there with the ECB.

I definitely repurchase and am thinking about getting the color Bronzer to compare. Of course I'm gonna use coupons..lol

I reach for this more than my Bobbi Brown bronzer which I also love. Definitely recommend giving this a try and you can always return if you don't like it at places like CVS and Riteaid.

on 5/4/2018 1:26:00 AM

Love the way it smelled...to me it smelled like coconut with a hint of vanilla. I also loved the way it applied as it went on smoothly and it lasted all day on me, however, the shade "bronzer" looked muddy on me! (skin tone reference: MAC c3). It looked cool toned on my warm skin tone so I'm thinking mayybe the lighter shade will work better for me??? SDM have these on sale pretty often so I would purchase this then (30% off, which works out to be cheaper than walmart's regular price). Packaging isn't fancy though - just made out of plastic, but I had no issues with it. Overall, a good product and I can see why it is something to rave about.. unfortunately, the shade didnt work well for ne.

on 5/3/2018 12:16:00 AM

I have gone through four of these bronzers. I even have the Benefit hula bronzer and I still reach for this one!

The pigmentation is great, it lasts all day, and I honestly look forward to that smell every time
I do my make up. The ritual doesn’t feel complete without it!

I honestly can’t knock this product for anything. If I had to give constructive criticism maybe a less bulky packaging and different applicator. Honestly, the weird sponge applicator doesn’t apply bronzer well and I guarantee 90% of users end up tossing it! Also, I go through this extremely fast and noticed it’s a more fragile powder. I usually end up having to toss it because once I hit pan, if the component knocks into anything, the pressed powder will break apart. Maybe the fact it is a soft powder is why it works so well - and don’t get me wrong - I’ll still use the crumbs! Wait. Is that why it’s in a clunkier compact ?! Answering my own questions 😂 Just like to give a thorough review to anyone thinking about purchasing it.

Recommend times ten.

Product itself if great - not muddy, blends well, true natural bronzed look without orange tones or sheen. I use the light shade. Brush that is included is weird, and my bronzer broke while just using it (didn't drop or anything). I was able to repress the broken area, but it's not the same..

on 4/13/2018 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Currently I have the shades Light Bronzer and Bronzer. I'm NC20ish and honestly, I can barely see the color when I swatch it on my hand. Therefore, I was quite skeptical that it was not going to work out for me.

This bronzer is so smooth and blends beautifully. The Light Bronzer is a little more warm than the Bronzer shade, but not muddy and orangy at all. Unlike the Benefit Hoola Quickie Contour Stick (epic fail there). It blends like butter and I love the smell (smells like coconuts/suntan lotion which is what like, but I can see how this can offend others). There is a slight glow to it, but not glittery at all. It gives my skin a natural finish makes my skin looks so healthy. Since this isn't super dark on me, I can go with this bronzer and a highlighter and can skip blush. This leans more subtle, shade wise, but definitely buildable if I wanted more, without looking patchy.

I love contouring my cheeks and my nose with this because the texture is so smooth and blends so well. I'm terrible at blending anything on my face so this makes it so easy.

The packaging is okay. It's a bit bulky as it's a two layered compact with a sponge applicator and a mirror on the bottom layer, and the bronzer on the top. I have not used the sponge applicator or the mirror and can go without it. However, I'm not going to complain as the bronzer itself is amazing.

Don't buy this at full price. There's pretty much a sale at the drugstore/Ulta for Physicians Formula most of the time. Hopefully Physicians Formula doesn't discontinue the butter line!

on 4/11/2018 8:53:00 AM

I like the light & bronzer shades but the new ones are way too warm for my skin color. It’s hands down my favorite bronzer in the other shades though.

on 3/18/2018 2:09:00 AM

Omg this bronzer is LIFE! Perfect color and consistency, great color payoff and the smell!!! I bought the blush that’s the same line and I’m addicted!

on 1/28/2018 4:05:00 PM

I know this is kind of a cult product but I don’t like it. It applies patchy to my face! I’ve never had that happen.

on 1/25/2018 5:49:00 PM

I got the lighter shade of this bronzer because so many YT people raved about it, including some with fair skin. This is definitely one of my favorite bronzers because it has the right amount of pigment, blends nicely and isn't SUPER expensive. I am pale and most bronzers come off too orange or too dark... This stuff is excellent. I have heard the darker shade is even better because the lighter shade is more orange-y. So if I were too repurchase, I'd give the darker shade a go. I just don't use bronzer a whole lot.

The smell is also nice but I personally found the smell develops more as you use it. When I first got it, I really couldn't understand why people were raving about the smell.