Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Filtered by age: 19-24
Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.3

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 1/4/2019 2:45:00 AM

I have fair-medium yellow undertone oily/combination skin. I use the shade "Bronzer" for day-to-day application and for special occasions! This is a very natural and buildable bronzer that would suit even for beginners to makeup junkies. The packaging is very bulky, and it has a compartment that has this sponge applicator on the bottom. I've used the sponge applicator a few times when I traveled awhile back and honestly it wasnt //that// bad, but it was too flimsy I just wont ever use it again. The clasp also broke after a few days so that was great :) But packaging aside, the formula on this bronzer is phenomenal! I use this daily for 8-10 hours and the bronzer still shows up at the end of the day. It has a little bit of sheen to it, but nothing shimmery and glittery so for those matte makeup-lovers I think it would still work. The shade "Bronzer" also works as a great contour shade as it is not too warm in color and more of a cool-toned golden brown.
Please note that this has oil and is scented (pretty heavily at that) so if your skin is quite sensitive, I would say to steer away from using this product!
All in all, this is just an overall great bronzer for all skin types and makeup user levels, that you just know would perform well and not let you down.

on 12/28/2018 12:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I like the formula but the packaging is absolute garbage and the brush that comes with it is totally useless. I mashed the bronzer and repressed it into an empty mac powder compact so problem solved. It’s easy to blend and the shade bronzer is nice for my nc10 skin. I like the slight sheen that it gives as well but I’m not into the heavy scent it has although it’s not unbearable.

on 12/21/2018 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Loveeeeeee this bronzer, stays on and is the perfect color!! BUT the only thing is that it breaks me out, I’ve been using it for a year and I started noticing that my random breakouts were in the same spot that I put the bronzer. So I stopped using this one and the breakouts stopped. I’m assuming it has to do with the SPF that is in it. :( sad because I won’t be able to use it from now on

on 12/11/2018 3:26:00 PM

This bronzer is THAT chick. She knows what she is doing. You can apply this with a heavy hand and it still applies beautifully, making it the lazy-girls best friend. It has a nice sheen but it is not shimmer by any means. A little pricey for drugstore but inexpensive when compared to high end, and trust me, it can hang with the big dogs. However, the packaging is wack and so is the shade range.

For an in-depth review check out mine and my best friends blog post about it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This bronzer is such a great drugstore find! Smells great, blends great, looks great and wont break the bank. I've never had problems with it looking muddy or weird like other bronzers. It is so quick and easy to just buff on and get out the door! Would definitely recommend and repurchase. One thing to keep in mind though is that the lighter shade is SUPER light. It works for me in the winter but I have to switch to the darker shade in summer.

on 8/29/2018 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this bronzer in the shade Bronzer and it's perfect for fair skin because of the neutral undertone. It's finely milled and blends very well, not patchy at all. It also smells heavenly. The only negative aspect is the bulky packaging (and the applicator you get is completely unusable), but the product itself is fantastic.

on 8/12/2018 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The packaging is trash, super bulky and annoying (the applicator it came with them straight into the garbage). That aside, this is my go-to bronzer. I'm very fair and use the shade "bronzer", which is a nice cool-toned medium tan. This has no orange, red, or yellow undertones in it, which makes it good for a lot of undertones. It's fragranced, but it's not horribly offensive. I can't smell it once it's on my face, but I can smell it while I'm applying it. My sensitive skin doesn't react to this fragrance or any of the other ingredients in this. I will be buying this again when I run out.

on 5/7/2018 1:17:00 AM

I had high, high hopes for this product. My first ever bronzer, and it sucks.

It is not at all creamy as their highlighters. I used the shade Bronzer and it barely showed up on my skin. I wondered if it was the brush I was using, but no, that seemed to pick up highlighters just fine. I tried my beauty blender, but nothing showed up. Tried to swatch it on my hand, but again: nothing. Rubbed my finger hard into the pan, still no color payoff. When I looked into the mirror after 4 coats of application, I could tell that something was on my skin.

It's got a strong, strong coconut smell that I don't despise, but don't enjoy.

I really thought I would enjoy this, but I didn't.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm very pale, and I actually like it, most of the time. I've owned maybe three bronzers in my lifetime, including this one ("Light"). I always tell myself wouldn't mind looking a little more tan, buy a bronzer in some cute packaging, and then never actually bother to wear it. If you're pale and looking for something that literally just makes you look like you got some sun recently, try Light. It's not glittery, not shimmery, and not chalky. I apply a small amount all over my face and neck using my blush brush, and it's uncanny how natural it looks. I don't even look like this when I *do* tan, and yet it still looks natural somehow? I don't propose to understand, but I'm not complaining. It melts into my skin, and doesn't rub off; what little fallout there is during application can just be shaken off without staining my clothes, since it forms dense clumps of cream/powder. Basically, the formulation and texture are masterpieces. I'm going to have to try the blush.

Now, the scent...to me, it smells like slightly rancid coconut oil. However, I don't smell it once it's on, so, no big deal. P.S.: Cute packaging.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

There's no denying the beauty of this bronzer. There's now 4 shades of this and the tones are quite lovely, better than some high end bronzers, and have a very natural satin finish. Not so matte it looks dry or flat and the subtle sheen isn't very obvious and looks like skin. My personal favorite shade for my sallow, yellow slightly green toned is the regular "Bronzer" shade as it has more of a brown tone rather than a red or peachy tone(which against my skin looks like a blush). It reminds me a lot of the perfect marriage of NARS Laguna or the Balm's original Bahama Mama but at a drugstore price. For this reason, I like the tone more than I do other bronzers of similar depth since it's warm but not red or orange or peachy which is what I like to see in a bronzer. The light bronzer is lighter but more peachy/warm in my opinion and the sunkissed bronzer is more red which doesn't look very natural on me as a bronzer. The deep bronzer is deeper and a bit warmer than I like but sadly doesn't go very deep, so I'm sure those with deep skin would not be able to try a butter bronzer sadly. I feel this bronzer looks really natural and makes skin look radiant. For me, bronzers are more for adding life to skin and maybe a bit of a look of a tan, but not for contouring. This bronzer lasts a surprising amount of time on bare skin for all the butters it has and lasts even better on top of foundation, primers, powders, and with setting spray. The butters and other emollients must be what gives this product such a creamy powder feel. It glides well over anything and even very dry wind-chapped skin, which is impressive.
However, aside from the relative lack of depth to these shades, I do have some problems with the formula. First of all, since it has a lot of butters/thicker emollients in it, which can imitate sebum on the skin and cause break outs, which it does on me. Another thing is the fragrance. I know a lot of people like the experience of it and you can love it or you can hate it but it's quite concentrated. The volatile molecules used for this fragrance can be inflammatory on skin and damaging which is why i wouldn't recommend this especially for sensitive or acne prone skin unless used only occasionally. I find after wearing it that it does make my acne worse even when I wear it on my body and there's concern for the damage that might not be visible on the naked eye. However, it is pretty enough that I would use this product for special occasions, such as my wedding day or something of that sort. I don't love or hate the packaging much, it's a bit cutesy and a little too oversized much like other PF products. It has a bit of a weird foam/cushion looking applicator which might work in a pinch on the go but I'd rather use a bronzer brush or a portable brush than use the applicator that comes here. This isn't really a product that I think requires touch ups either so I think the compartment with the applicator is mostly useless. However, the price is right to at least try it and for just special occasions.