Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.2

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 1/4/2019 2:45:00 AM

I have fair-medium yellow undertone oily/combination skin. I use the shade "Bronzer" for day-to-day application and for special occasions! This is a very natural and buildable bronzer that would suit even for beginners to makeup junkies. The packaging is very bulky, and it has a compartment that has this sponge applicator on the bottom. I've used the sponge applicator a few times when I traveled awhile back and honestly it wasnt //that// bad, but it was too flimsy I just wont ever use it again. The clasp also broke after a few days so that was great :) But packaging aside, the formula on this bronzer is phenomenal! I use this daily for 8-10 hours and the bronzer still shows up at the end of the day. It has a little bit of sheen to it, but nothing shimmery and glittery so for those matte makeup-lovers I think it would still work. The shade "Bronzer" also works as a great contour shade as it is not too warm in color and more of a cool-toned golden brown.
Please note that this has oil and is scented (pretty heavily at that) so if your skin is quite sensitive, I would say to steer away from using this product!
All in all, this is just an overall great bronzer for all skin types and makeup user levels, that you just know would perform well and not let you down.

on 12/28/2018 12:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I like the formula but the packaging is absolute garbage and the brush that comes with it is totally useless. I mashed the bronzer and repressed it into an empty mac powder compact so problem solved. It’s easy to blend and the shade bronzer is nice for my nc10 skin. I like the slight sheen that it gives as well but I’m not into the heavy scent it has although it’s not unbearable.

on 12/21/2018 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Loveeeeeee this bronzer, stays on and is the perfect color!! BUT the only thing is that it breaks me out, I’ve been using it for a year and I started noticing that my random breakouts were in the same spot that I put the bronzer. So I stopped using this one and the breakouts stopped. I’m assuming it has to do with the SPF that is in it. :( sad because I won’t be able to use it from now on

A little about my skin tone, eyes and hair before I get onto the review: Very fair and cool toned, gray eyes and red (copper/auburn) dyed hair. The best way to describe my skin tone is to describe it as a white peach. If you've ever seen a white peach then you know the flesh is a creamy pale color with some pink and peach coloring on it. That is the best way to describe my skin tone, fair with some cool toned peachiness to it.
For us very fair and cool toned gals, I think it's hard to find cool toned bronzers because most bronzers are warm toned and that always translates to orange on cool toned skin. I like a bronzer to look like what would happen if I spent time in the sun which is gives me a pink, cool toned "spent some time in the sun" natural flushed color to my skin. I don't want orange, my skin doesn't turn orange when exposed to the sun, nobody's does.
If your bronzer is looking too orange, too red, too yellow, too pink, etc on your skin then you most likely have the wrong undertone and/ or depth of bronzer for your particular skin tone.
This review is for the shade 'Bronzer' which is the most perfect cool toned bronzer I've found in the drugstore with the exception of some I mention below as other suggestions to check out. Most bronzers lean warm toned which always translates to orange on my very fair, cool toned skin. Not the shade 'Bronzer' which is a cool toned, pinky rosy based brown.
When I bought this, literally each and every shade looked identical in their packages so I just grabbed this shade and bought it, not realizing this would be such a perfect match for my fair skin. While this does look a bit darker than a few of the other shades, it's really not that dark. The shade 'Bronzer' is very forgiving on my cool toned, pale skin and the blendibility is perfect, such as the word 'Butter' in the name would suggest.
Packaging is clunky and bulky and I hate it. Clasp broke very quickly so now it doesn't latch, applicator it came with is useless. Wish PF would do away with the bulkiness and useless brushes cause nobody uses the brushes and they end up in landfills. Scent doesn't bother me nor does it linger, I'm a migraine sufferer and the scent does not bother me one bit.
Other bronzers to check out if you're looking for other suggestions for fair, cool toned skin gals and prefer cool toned bronzers: L'Oreal True Match Lumi Bronze It in the shade 01 Light- this one is slightly cool toned, has a slight taupe color to it, just a hair of taupe and is very forgiving on my fair skin (taupe can look purple or gray on my fair skin), L'Oreal Glam Bronze 01 Light- this shade is slightly different than the Lumi Bronze It, it's slightly more warm and more glowy but also a little bit cool toned (hard to describe this shade but once applied but looks great) looks perfect on me and NOT orange, Makeup Revolution Pro 4K Bronzer Palette in Cool (a quad of 4 cool toned shades in various depths) good luck at getting this, it's been OOS for so long (suggesting this *if* you can get this where you live such as UK/EU or if it happens to come back in stock (been on the wait list email for 5 days, sent MUR a message on FB to see if it's coming back and no reply but did see 1 review on YT, it's a cool toned bronzer lover's dream) :( ELF Bronzer palette in the shade Light- this has 2 cool toned shades in it (one is slightly more warm, leaning slightly cool with no orange, not 100% cool but is fine on my skin), ELF Contour palette- this has 2 cool toned contour powders though not bronzers but I suppose they could be used as such since there's no taupe coloring in this palette, ELF Studio bronzer in the shade Cool. This is beautiful, unfortunately this is discontinued so you will need to buy this on eBay, WnW Bikini Contest- this is a beautiful cool toned bronzer that has a pinkness to it which is perfect for my cool toned sisters who get a pinkness to their skin when exposed to sunlight and want to mimic what the sunlight does to their skin, TBS Honey Bronze Face Gel- has a reddish/pink undertone which is perfect to mimic like you just spent time in the sun, somewhat like a sunburnt look but very natural, this is perfect for summertime cause it stays put, Rimmel Natural Bronzer in the shade Sun Light and Sun Bronze- both are perfect cool toned bronzers at a very affordable price, slight sheen/glow to it but not glittery (could not find any good swatches of these Rimmel bronzers other than on Influenster's site), MUA bronzer in 100 which is very cool toned and perfect but I had to order it online cause this brand isn't available in the US.
I hope this review really helps my very fair, cool toned sisters out there.

on 12/11/2018 3:26:00 PM

This bronzer is THAT chick. She knows what she is doing. You can apply this with a heavy hand and it still applies beautifully, making it the lazy-girls best friend. It has a nice sheen but it is not shimmer by any means. A little pricey for drugstore but inexpensive when compared to high end, and trust me, it can hang with the big dogs. However, the packaging is wack and so is the shade range.

For an in-depth review check out mine and my best friends blog post about it!

on 11/19/2018 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this bronzer. I am not a big bronzer person as I am PALE and can't get anything to blend well enough into my skin/foundation. this blends like a sweet dream and gives the best dimension to my skin. The smell is heavenly as if the formula wasn't enough to make me love this. The only thing I don't love is the packaging. It is aesthetically pleasing for sure but I hate how PF put the little extra compartment in the bottom of the compact for the brush. It just makes it bulky and the mirror is not user friendly due to the weird bottom compartment. I am always scared I will drop my baby bronzer.

Other than that, this product is bomb and HG for me. Buy it!

on 11/11/2018 1:27:00 AM

Tried this on a whim because it's so much cheaper than my Bobbi brown bronzer.
I haven't used my other bronzer since I bought this one! It goes on so smooth, blends perfectly, and doesn't irritate my skin.
I went back and bought the blush and I use both almost daily. Great drug store product! Great price! Highly recommend trying this and the blush!

on 10/24/2018 3:18:00 AM

First of all I love the scent. It literally transported me to Brazil. That smell of the product is so nice. It feels like a nice creamy texture and glides so easy over my cheeks. The color lasts whole day despite the heat here( we're right on the Equator, you guys). The scent lasts long enough and I swear I could use this a body cream/lotion! It feels so soft and good on my skin . I love the colorful tropical packaging. I`m def changing brands this season when it comes to bronzers, for sure. This is going to be my HG now. Recommend? Yes, buy!

on 10/7/2018 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hardly reach for my other bronzers anymore. This one is just so smooth and buttery and blends like a dream. I the winter I use shade Bronzer (NC25), and use the Deep Bronzer during the summer (when I'm more NC30). I love the tropical scent, as I like the smell of coconuts. The packaging is a bit bulky and it comes with a sponge that I don't use, I just apply with a brush, building it up to achieve a nice all over warmth to my skin. Prefer this to Benefits Hula.

on 9/27/2018 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like this bronzer. I have a Too Faced bronzer and a Tarte bronzer and I think I prefer the physician's formula bronzer. I just started wearing bronzer on a regular basis about a year ago and I think this butter bronzer is great for people who are nervous about bronzers turning them orange or looking cakey

This bronzer goes is lightly pigmented which is great in my opinion. I can build it slowly until I get the amount of pigment I need, rather than getting a bunch of pigment right at the start and having to blend like a crazy person trying to tone it down.

The color is great. Not too orange or too brown, looks just like a natural sunkissed glow. Oh and it's not too sparkly either, it has just the right amount of shimmer. Don't really have an opinion on the scent. It's not offensive but I could live without it. The applicator it comes with is silly, I have no idea how that thing is supposed to be used. I tried it once and I just made a streaky mess. However a nice bronzing brush makes this bronzer go on beautifully. I would repurchase