Charlotte Tilbury Magic Eye Rescue cream

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Charlotte Tilbury Magic Eye Rescue cream

INGREDIENTS: AQUA/WATER/EAU, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 60, OLUS OIL (VEGETABLE OIL/ HUILE VÉGÉTALE), PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE, GLYCERIN, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), PEG-8, ETHYLHEXYL STEARATE, DICAPRYLYL ETHER, SORBITAN STEARATE, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, OLIVE OIL PEG-7 ESTERS, PHENOXYETHANOL, SACCHARIDE ISOMERATE, C12-16 ALCOHOLS, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX/ CIRE D'ABEILLE ), GLYCERYL STEARATE, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, SQUALANE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, CHLORPHENESIN, , HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED RICE PROTEIN, PALMITIC ACID, XANTHAN GUM, CHONDRUS CRISPUS EXTRACT, DISODIUM EDTA, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) PROTEIN, HYDROXYPROPYL CYCLODEXTRIN, SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE, CITRIC ACID, TOCOPHEROL, SODIUM CITRATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, SODIUM PCA, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, RETINOL, DAPHNE ODORA CALLUS EXTRACT, SODIUM DEXTRAN SULFATE, NICOTIANA SYLVESTRIS LEAF CELL CULTURE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PLUMERIA RUBRA FLOWER EXTRACT, BORAGO OFFICINALIS SEED OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ASCORBIC ACID, LECITHIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, ASCORBYL TETRAISOPALMITATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI77491, CI 77492).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been loving this product lately. Its helped my dark circles and puffiness during this allergy season. It also hydrates my under eyes with helps keeps my concealer from cracking. Just don't over do apply during the day because it is on the emollient side.

I did not like this at all. It's really greasy when you first put it on, doesn't absorb into your skin, then dries up within 20 minutes leaving your eye area completely dry. I had to put more eye cream on afterwards to make up for the fact that this magic eye cream did nothing for me. The packaging is nice, and the light pink colour is cute, but I really want an eye cream that's more than pretty.

on 4/4/2016 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been really happy with Magic Eye Rescue, mainly because my eyelids are very sensitive and I simply can't use most eye creams. Most of them irritate my skin. This one doesn't. I haven't been impressed with most of the skin care from this brand. I'm not fond of the Magic Night Cream or the Goddess Clay Mask. However, I absolutely adore Magic Eye Rescue.

I have been using Magic Eye Rescue nightly for over a month, and I have noticed an improvement in my sensitive eye area.

Last year I had contact dermatitis, an inflammatory reaction to menthol. And even after I recovered from it, I noticed that my eyelids were prone to becoming dry, red, and irritated, even from some makeup that I had used successfully in the past. Some of the moisturizers I tried actually burned. I could use Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream on my eyes and that was the only thing that felt soothing.

So I was skeptical in trying the expensive Magic Eye Rescue. However, this soothing gel cream has been amazing for me. After I wash off waterproof makeup, if my eyelids are red and puffy, this gel cream returns them to their normal color within seconds. I apply it under the eyes as well. The entire eye area feels plumped with hydration, with absolutely no irritation at all. The texture is substantial enough to feel like a spa treatment, yet not greasy or thick. My eyes weren't wrinkled to begin with, but the skin looks healthier when I use this cream daily. It feels as though it's moisturizing and firming the skin for quite a long time after it's applied.

I use this at night because I've found that using any eye cream during the day under eye makeup can lead to eyeliner transfer or smudging. However, on days when I don't wear makeup, I apply Magic Eye Rescue in the morning as well, partly because it feels so nice.

The formula contains retinol, and is one of a precious few retinol products I've ever been able to use around my eyes. It also contains antioxidants vitamins C and E, peptides, red algae, plant stem cells, along with oils and shea butter. For someone with incredibly sensitive skin, finding this was a victory.

I am relieved that Charlotte Tilbury did not add fragrance to this product, which is one of my pet peeves and something that frequently causes irritation to sensitive skin. Several of her other products contain parfum and I don't care for the scent. Luckily the eye products tend to be fragrance-free.

This comes in a pretty jar but I generally prefer tubes and pumps to jar packaging. I don't like the idea that I'm exposing the entire product to the air each time I open the lid. So I wish the packaging were more airtight.

The only real disadvantage for me is the insane price of $60 for half an ounce. I don't know if I can afford to keep using it. However, a small dab is enough to cover both eyes, so it will probably last a few months. I do wish Magic Eye Rescue came in airtight packaging at a cheaper price, but I'm grateful to finally find something I can use on my sensitive skin.

INGREDIENTS: