Charlotte Tilbury Magic Eye Rescue cream

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Eye Rescue cream

3.6

INGREDIENTS: AQUA/WATER/EAU, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 60, OLUS OIL (VEGETABLE OIL/ HUILE VÉGÉTALE), PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE, GLYCERIN, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), PEG-8, ETHYLHEXYL STEARATE, DICAPRYLYL ETHER, SORBITAN STEARATE, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, OLIVE OIL PEG-7 ESTERS, PHENOXYETHANOL, SACCHARIDE ISOMERATE, C12-16 ALCOHOLS, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX/ CIRE D'ABEILLE ), GLYCERYL STEARATE, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, SQUALANE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, CHLORPHENESIN, , HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED RICE PROTEIN, PALMITIC ACID, XANTHAN GUM, CHONDRUS CRISPUS EXTRACT, DISODIUM EDTA, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) PROTEIN, HYDROXYPROPYL CYCLODEXTRIN, SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE, CITRIC ACID, TOCOPHEROL, SODIUM CITRATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, SODIUM PCA, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, RETINOL, DAPHNE ODORA CALLUS EXTRACT, SODIUM DEXTRAN SULFATE, NICOTIANA SYLVESTRIS LEAF CELL CULTURE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PLUMERIA RUBRA FLOWER EXTRACT, BORAGO OFFICINALIS SEED OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ASCORBIC ACID, LECITHIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, ASCORBYL TETRAISOPALMITATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI77491, CI 77492).

on 1/8/2016 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This product did moisturize my under eye area, but I felt that it was nothing special for the price.

on 1/13/2016 4:23:00 PM

I tried a zillion eye creams, and they all sit on top of my skin and make my concealer ball up. This stuff leaves sort of a "coating" on my undereyes that makeup glides easily over (doesn't ball up or cake). My eyes look smoothed. This has more of a gel consistency than a cream, almost like a mask. There is very faint scent, if any. I really like it and, when it runs out (which will take a long time because a little goes a long way), I will repurchase.

I will start by saying I am very happy with this product. I use it in conjunction with the CT magic night cream. It is my understanding this is a product designed to be used at night to keep skin hydrated while sleeping. This is how I use it. I have experimented with it and now have my routine down. It is a bit tacky, but I'm sleeping so I am not bothered by this. I tried an experiment where I used this eye cream and night cream one night and the next night I used a Kiel's moisturizing night pack treatment instead. Let me just say this stuff is da bomb! There was no comparison. When I woke up after using the CT creams my skin was still plump and hydrated. When I woke up after using just the night pack tx my skin had the look of a dried piece of fruit (which is unfortunately typical for me these days). The way I use this now is to put a layer of Paula's Choice "Skin Recovery hydrating treatment mask" over the CT creams to keep it on my cheeks a bit better while I sleep (I am a side sleeper). I will continue using the CT magic creams at night until I see something else shiny and new I just have to try. I hope this helps you decide as this stuff is not inexpensive!

on 4/2/2016 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am always searching for an eye cream. I had a small sample of this and really liked it. It feels cooling when you tap it on around your eyes. A rather tacky consistency which probably is best for nighttime use. I use it day time on non makeup days. Lovely looking jar if that matters to you. Current price is $60.00 for .5 ounces.

on 4/4/2016 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been really happy with Magic Eye Rescue, mainly because my eyelids are very sensitive and I simply can't use most eye creams. Most of them irritate my skin. This one doesn't. I haven't been impressed with most of the skin care from this brand. I'm not fond of the Magic Night Cream or the Goddess Clay Mask. However, I absolutely adore Magic Eye Rescue.

I have been using Magic Eye Rescue nightly for over a month, and I have noticed an improvement in my sensitive eye area.

Last year I had contact dermatitis, an inflammatory reaction to menthol. And even after I recovered from it, I noticed that my eyelids were prone to becoming dry, red, and irritated, even from some makeup that I had used successfully in the past. Some of the moisturizers I tried actually burned. I could use Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream on my eyes and that was the only thing that felt soothing.

So I was skeptical in trying the expensive Magic Eye Rescue. However, this soothing gel cream has been amazing for me. After I wash off waterproof makeup, if my eyelids are red and puffy, this gel cream returns them to their normal color within seconds. I apply it under the eyes as well. The entire eye area feels plumped with hydration, with absolutely no irritation at all. The texture is substantial enough to feel like a spa treatment, yet not greasy or thick. My eyes weren't wrinkled to begin with, but the skin looks healthier when I use this cream daily. It feels as though it's moisturizing and firming the skin for quite a long time after it's applied.

I use this at night because I've found that using any eye cream during the day under eye makeup can lead to eyeliner transfer or smudging. However, on days when I don't wear makeup, I apply Magic Eye Rescue in the morning as well, partly because it feels so nice.

The formula contains retinol, and is one of a precious few retinol products I've ever been able to use around my eyes. It also contains antioxidants vitamins C and E, peptides, red algae, plant stem cells, along with oils and shea butter. For someone with incredibly sensitive skin, finding this was a victory.

I am relieved that Charlotte Tilbury did not add fragrance to this product, which is one of my pet peeves and something that frequently causes irritation to sensitive skin. Several of her other products contain parfum and I don't care for the scent. Luckily the eye products tend to be fragrance-free.

This comes in a pretty jar but I generally prefer tubes and pumps to jar packaging. I don't like the idea that I'm exposing the entire product to the air each time I open the lid. So I wish the packaging were more airtight.

The only real disadvantage for me is the insane price of $60 for half an ounce. I don't know if I can afford to keep using it. However, a small dab is enough to cover both eyes, so it will probably last a few months. I do wish Magic Eye Rescue came in airtight packaging at a cheaper price, but I'm grateful to finally find something I can use on my sensitive skin.

INGREDIENTS:

This did absolutely nothing for me. It did not even moisturize my eye area. No plumping or diminished dark circles as claimed.

on 5/4/2016 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I use this at night (which is what it is; a night eye cream) and love that it does not move into my eye area at all. No puffiness the next morning, not even during allergy season. FIrst product I have found for the eye area that worked.. and that says something. Wish the product was in a pump container.

Took it back to the store. Not moisturising, didn't soften skin or help. My undereye area is is pretty good shape for my 51 years, so my prime concern is comfort and avoiding lines. This left a dry crust under the eyes in the morning, like in never really absorbed.

This is a must have. It is reasonably priced, and you only need very little, so has lasted me over 6 months. I don't have much of a lid and have noticed a slight bit of drooping over the last few years. I mostly use this just on my lid day and night and noticed a huge difference within a few days. Soothing, doesn't irritate or migrate, and I have never had tightness and definition on my lid like this in my life. HG material...get it!

on 8/23/2016 9:06:00 AM

I really liked this cream. It's not the cheapest product but for its benefits it's worth it's tag and lasts around 6 months. You only need a small amount for each eye. The cream delivers what it claims. Good hydration and most importantly (reason I bought this) brightens the eye area within an hour of applications, depuffs and eliminates dark circles. From all eye products I bought in the middle range price this is by far the best. Will buy again.