Charlotte Tilbury Magic Eye Rescue cream

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Eye Rescue cream

3.6

INGREDIENTS: AQUA/WATER/EAU, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 60, OLUS OIL (VEGETABLE OIL/ HUILE VÉGÉTALE), PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE, GLYCERIN, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), PEG-8, ETHYLHEXYL STEARATE, DICAPRYLYL ETHER, SORBITAN STEARATE, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, OLIVE OIL PEG-7 ESTERS, PHENOXYETHANOL, SACCHARIDE ISOMERATE, C12-16 ALCOHOLS, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX/ CIRE D'ABEILLE ), GLYCERYL STEARATE, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, SQUALANE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, CHLORPHENESIN, , HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED RICE PROTEIN, PALMITIC ACID, XANTHAN GUM, CHONDRUS CRISPUS EXTRACT, DISODIUM EDTA, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) PROTEIN, HYDROXYPROPYL CYCLODEXTRIN, SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE, CITRIC ACID, TOCOPHEROL, SODIUM CITRATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, SODIUM PCA, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, RETINOL, DAPHNE ODORA CALLUS EXTRACT, SODIUM DEXTRAN SULFATE, NICOTIANA SYLVESTRIS LEAF CELL CULTURE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PLUMERIA RUBRA FLOWER EXTRACT, BORAGO OFFICINALIS SEED OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ASCORBIC ACID, LECITHIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, ASCORBYL TETRAISOPALMITATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI77491, CI 77492).

Received a sample, tried a few times and threw it out. Felt tight around my eyes, so I question how moisturizing it is. The main problem I had with it is that it burned my eyes. I always apply eye creams to orbital bones around the eyes. Even though I'm always careful not to get any cream near my eye, it is inevitable that at some point the cream may migrate into my eye. A product burning my eye is a deal breaker.

I have a hard time with eye creams. I've tried so many, and most of them never seemed to do much. There have been two that have: one was at product demo station at a European airport (and for 800 dollars per jar, it stayed there), the other is this Magic Eye Rescue.

I saw immediate results, as in minutes, not days. Within a couple of minutes, my undereye was nicely plumped, diminishing fine lines. This effect did improve as I continued to use the product. I didn't notice a massive difference with dark circles, but there was some moderate improvement. I can't comment on their claims regarding bags, as I don't have that issue.

This eye cream is VERY hydrating, and does take a few minutes to absorb (a little goes a long way, too, over-applying can be an issue.) If you haven't used too much, and let it set for a couple of minutes, concealers and cosmetics glide nicely over it, and don't slip around. As for price, it's up there, but is actually less expensive than other "luxury" brands I have tried, where the price was closer to or over 100 dollars per jar.

I will be repurchasing this, and would highly recommend it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- love the texture! Little goes a long way, it glides over the skin;
- skin feels very moisturized;
- works well under makeup, doesn't peel (lot of eye cream do peel on my skin);
- fragrance free.

Cons:
- for the little Retinol concentration it has a terrible sweet spicy strong Retinol smell (I'm smell sensitive and I can't bear it);
- it stings upon application for about two minutes (I have sensitive skin);
- it stays sticky forever;
- jar packaging.

I won't buy it again just because I can't bear the smell and the jar packaging. I use scentless Retin-A in my skincare regimen, I don't really need a product with a stinky Retinol.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been loving this product lately. Its helped my dark circles and puffiness during this allergy season. It also hydrates my under eyes with helps keeps my concealer from cracking. Just don't over do apply during the day because it is on the emollient side.

I did not like this at all. It's really greasy when you first put it on, doesn't absorb into your skin, then dries up within 20 minutes leaving your eye area completely dry. I had to put more eye cream on afterwards to make up for the fact that this magic eye cream did nothing for me. The packaging is nice, and the light pink colour is cute, but I really want an eye cream that's more than pretty.

on 10/2/2016 9:40:00 PM

I actually love this cream which surprised me giving that the day cream and night cream cause me to break out incredibly.

I love this cream because it feels beautiful on, leaves my skin super moisturized and lessons the appearance of fine lines. It's great overnight and also works well under make-up.

The only thing I do. It love about this product is the pot packaging--its a less hygienic than pumps, and the fragrance. I prefer products not loaded with unnecessary ingredients such a fragrance.

on 9/5/2016 12:35:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE, PERFECT CONSISTENCY, FEELS WONDERFUL ON, FABULOUS DAY EYE CREAM, I USE FUTURE FX FOR THE NIGHT TIME, BUT ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS FOR A DAYTIME EYE CREAM, WILL TRY THE MAGIC CREAM WHEN MINE RUNS OUT. HATE THE FOUNDATION, BUT LOVE THE EYE CREAM.

on 8/23/2016 9:06:00 AM

I really liked this cream. It's not the cheapest product but for its benefits it's worth it's tag and lasts around 6 months. You only need a small amount for each eye. The cream delivers what it claims. Good hydration and most importantly (reason I bought this) brightens the eye area within an hour of applications, depuffs and eliminates dark circles. From all eye products I bought in the middle range price this is by far the best. Will buy again.

This is a must have. It is reasonably priced, and you only need very little, so has lasted me over 6 months. I don't have much of a lid and have noticed a slight bit of drooping over the last few years. I mostly use this just on my lid day and night and noticed a huge difference within a few days. Soothing, doesn't irritate or migrate, and I have never had tightness and definition on my lid like this in my life. HG material...get it!

Took it back to the store. Not moisturising, didn't soften skin or help. My undereye area is is pretty good shape for my 51 years, so my prime concern is comfort and avoiding lines. This left a dry crust under the eyes in the morning, like in never really absorbed.