Olay Active Botanicals Moisturizing Day Lotion

No Image

3.0

This would be one of my favorite lotions for my face but for two things: the smell, which is HORRID, and the fact that it doesn't have sunscreen. The snow mushroom extract makes my skin very smooth. I think this has been discoed, since it is not on the website, and I bought my container at Big Lots. However, I have seen it at Target, so I have no idea...

Target was kind enough to send me a sample of this in the mail. I used the sample this morning and the scent is off putting. I love fragrance and do not mind fragrance in my facial products, but this is OTT. So scented that is would prohibit me from buying the product. I shall stick with Olay Complete (also scented, fyi).

This is by far the best moisturizer I've ever used. I have acne prone skin, but I stopped using Proactiv because the "moisturizer" kept drying out my face. Target had a sample size of Olay's Active Botanicals Moisturizing Day Lotion and I decided to give it a try. I was a little wary because I used to use Olay's Hydrating Beauty Fluid and it would make my skin break out a little. This moisturizer doesn't do that at all! My face is clear!

At night I use a face wash, astringent, and moisturizer with salicylic acid, but in the morning I use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, tone with witch hazel, and finish with the Olay Active Botanicals Moisturizing Day Lotion. It's fast absorbing and really does hydrate all day long. Whether I wear foundation all day or not, my face doesn't get greasy when I use this in the morning. The packaging seems small, but I've had the same bottle for almost 5 months and it's not close to being empty yet.

The only downsides to this product is that the bottle is a stiff plastic, so it might be hard to get all the product out when I reach the end of the bottle. Also, the lotion has an odd light scent, but it goes away after a minute or two.

I just had to write a review for this product when I saw that no one else had, it's just too good. I really recommend other acne prone people try this! (Of course, everyone's skin is different, so try to track down a sample size.)