4.2

price range

Reviews

from

7 months ago

This is a foundation that I have to have in my collection because of how well this works and looks on me. This was the second foundation I have ever tried and is also the only one I will go out of my way to get when I run out. Brightens and evens out my complexion leaving a very flawless and airbrushed look. not as airbrushed as the Visible Lift foundation from L'oreal but still very pretty. It isn't matte but isn't dewy, it is somewhere in the middle...it is slightly more on the matte side though. It is a light-medium coverage foundation with a natural finish. This does last 8-10hrs depending on whats going on and the weather, so it isn't the longest wearing but this is great for just casual everyday wear. It is a hydrating and lightweight formula that is on the thicker side but is still easy to blend and comfortable to wear. Highly recommend giving this foundation a try!

About reviewer (170 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

a year ago

i am surprised i stopped wearing this foundation! i found this again in my makeup collection and this is up there with the Rimmel Breathable foundation but slightly higher as its cruelty free unlike Rimmel. this is medium-high buildable coverage i have the lightest shade which is Classic Ivory and there are six shades like their Flawless Air Foundation. this is currently their only matte foundation but also their best formula for foundation. it isnt drying at all and has vitamins A, C and E, supposed to hydrate and nourish your skin. has a wear time of at least 10hrs and is apparently waterproof. Marcelle is the best but most underrated canadian makeup/drugstore brand in my opinion. it is hydrating but not extremely i would still use a moisturizer under if you have dry skin however it wont make your dry skin worse. it doesnt settle into my smile lines right away until late in the day, if it does i just smooth it out again with my fingers. i love how it looks on the skin, flawless and soft. it hides all of my redness even without colour correcting and is very skin-like, it is easy to blend only took a few seconds to have it completely blended out with a sponge. it was a dream to blend on my nose which is usually the one place i have trouble with foundations as they tend to look cakey or rubs off while trying to blend. this is around $18 and you get 0.91 fl oz of product which is slightly less then the standard amount but you also dont need a ton of it to get good coverage, just 1-2 pumps. this is better for sensitive skin then their Air Serum foundation, has no perfumes added to it so it just smells like makeup or any other common irritant that i know of. i find it looks great and works amazing with their flawless concealer and translucent loose powder (my favourite combo). if you want a cheap foundation i would avoid this however if you want something affordable but dont care too much about the price then i highly recommend trying this out if they have your shade. hopefully they will expand the shade range eventually.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

from

a year ago

The finish is beautiful, like skin (not matte not dewy). Light medium coverage. Blurs pores and imperfections! Hydrating formula without being greasy. Shade range isn’t the best but I use buff beige in the winter, and mix some medium beige in the summer. Perfect shade for nc20 skin

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Marcelle is a cruelty free Canadian company. This costs $18 at Shoppers Drug Mart. I love this foundation. I have repurchased it three times now, and I will likely continue to repurchase. I use the shade Ivory and it matches me. Marcelle products all seem to have a yellowy undertone, which I really appreciate. My undertone is pretty finicky and a lot of foundations oxidize on me - Marcelle doesn't do that! This is a light coverage foundation. It could probably be called a BB cream, if I'm being honest. It is very liquidy and you can still see acne through it. That being said, I really love it! I use a blending sponge to apply it and while my acne is still visible it makes me skin look healthier overall. It covers up the general rosiness of my face and does dull acne spots. I use this in combination with the flawless fusion powder and I really like how it looks! If all you want is light coverage foundation that you can't feel, then I say give this a shot.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

One of my favourite products, main reason being it does not clog pores at all! It’s a light to medium coverage which is fine by me and super lightweight. Very good for people with sensitive or dry skin such as myself

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

I really like this foundation. It is a bit sheer, but it does last all day.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I really have been liking this foundation lately as an everyday base for my makeup. It has light coverage and i generally apply with a makeup sponge. Initially, when I apply it, I see a lot of redness peeking through, but as I press it more into my skin, I find it covers the discolouration quite well. I use concealer to cover individual spots and under my eyes. There is absolutely no scent in this foundation which is awesome for sensitive skin and it doesn't clog pores. Once it sets, I find it doesn't budge on my face. It sets to a nice satin finish and looks amazingly skin-like which I LOVE. It almost looks like I'm not wearing foundation, that my skin is just that good. There is no scent at all which is awesome, and it's dermatologist-tested. Doesn't break me out, which is great. This will be on rotation permanently and I've already picked up a summer shade.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Im on my 2nd bottle of this foundation. I use a light touch with my makeup, sometimes using it only as a concealer to even out some redness or circles with sheer coverage, and sometimes a little more coverage for a different look. It blends very naturally into my skin leaving a hydrated finish. A little powder will take away extra sheen from nose and forehead and stays put all day. Fragrance free, hypoallergenic, great lasting wear. Canadian. I feel no need to switch from this foundation... the matching concealer is TOUGH stuff, i barely ever need to use that unless i get a blemish or mark of some sort that needs to be hidden. I own it but reserve it for truly deserving marks, and prefer just to use my elf corrector for under-eye circles. I recommend this foundation 100%.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

Limited range of shades but if you are able to find a match... Oh how wonderful this formula is! Not surprising really considering how much I love their BB creams. This foundation is enriched with vitamins A, C, and E, is waterproof and lasts up to 10 hours, not to mention is fragrance-free, paraben-free, and oil-free. Coverage is customizable, but if you layer over the BB cream, you will get FULL coverage with all the skin care benefits. I found the finish "satin" and very natural. I bought the shades Medium Beige (summer) and Buff Beige (winter) which has a yellow undertone. I love these foundations, and Marcelle as a brand in general. There is ZERO transfer with this foundation, skin is hydrated and feels comfortable, like you are not wearing any makeup at all. As far as coverage goes, the foundation does a good job of evening out my skin tone, covering redness and dark spots too. It is neither thick nor thin, rather a typical liquid foundation consistency, comes in a glass bottle with a pump. As I mentioned it is fragrance-free, and I do mean that this has NO scent to it at all. Not even a "makeup" scent. This foundation did not break down at all during the day, not even through extreme heat, sweat, etc. and it was easily removed with my cleansing balm at the end of the day. The only down side to this foundation (and to this brand in general) is the lack of shades. Those with darker skin will not find a shade to match, especially as I purchased the darkest shade and it was even a hint too light for me during summer and I'm normally light/medium without a tan. If you have fair to medium skin tones I recommend you give it a try. I wish we could give 1/2 lippie ratings as I'd give this 4.5 due to the lack of shades but since it works perfectly for me I'm leaving it at 5 lippies and not rounding down to 4.

About reviewer (968 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

2.0

4 years ago

Usually love Marcelle products but I found this foundation was more watery than the Marcelle bb cream which is super disappointing. Bought it in hopes it would offer slightly heavier coverage than the Bb cream... Very disappointed. :-(

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18