MISSHA Professional Oval Makeup Brush

No Image

This brush is amazing! I was debating to try the Artis Eite Brush which was very expensive. I saw this Missha brush and decided to try it since it was only $14.00. I absolutely love it. Not only that it comes with a cover. Most brushes sold in Korea have a cover which I think helps to keep the brushes sanitary:)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this brush to see if oval brushes are really more ergonomic, and how well they work, before investing in an expensive oval brush.

Although I have never handled an Artis oval 8 brush, I have compared this brush to the MAC oval 6. The MAC brush head is not pointed like the head of the Missha brush, but the most significant difference is that the fibers in the MAC brush are much, MUCH more dense. In this one respect, the quality of the MAC brush is higher.

MAC suggests using their oval 6 brush to apply powder. I do not think this type of brush is good for applying powder of any sort; even using the lightest touch, it kind of grinds the powder into my skin, making my pores look clogged and emphasizing lines. A kabuki brush gives a smoother application.

This Missha oval brush is great though for liquid and cream formulas. I have used it to apply primer and got a great look. The dense surface means it gives very fast, smooth coverage. Also, the pointed end is great for applying foundation in the under-eye area.

I have also used it to apply MAC Mineralize cream foundation and Laura Mercier Candleglow liquid foundation. This brush is really good for these formulas! I use it differently than MAC and Artis suggest, I first stipple very broadly and quickly just to distribute the product around my face, and then I use gentle, quick strokes to blend and smooth all over. The look is very smooth, and so fast compared to other techniques! Unlike a paddle foundation brush, this one does not leave brush strokes, and it blends and smooths much faster than a sponge, without soaking up as much product.

I don't really find it more ergonomic, and the shape of it means I struggle to keep my touch light. But it IS fast and the coverage is so great! I am getting more used to it with practice. This is currently my favorite tool for applying liquid or cream foundation.

Popular Makeup Brushes