CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

Filtered by eye Color : Green
CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

4.4

on 5/24/2018 10:56:00 PM

Why I didn't try this scent till now I'll never know?!? I was thinking how bummed I was about how Parfum Initial was d/c'd and how I loved the patchouli note in that fragrance and would love to find another patchouli based scent to love. I didn't want a dupe just a good perfume. When I looked at the notes for Coco Mad and they spoke to me so I thought I'd give it a try.

White flowers, citrus, vetiver, musk, and the other notes sold me so I blind purchased it. So happy i did because I adore it so much I use it daily over my signature PI. I've also gotten many you smell good compliments and I totally forgot I had this on. The lasting power and silage are excellent! First this lasts on my skin overnight and the sillage is moderate to heavy depending on how much I use.

The dry down on this is amazing!! Its a beautiful floral with i catch whiffs of an earthy patchouli that's not masculine at all. This fragrance just smells good and I love it! I don't care that its a mass marketed a good scent is a good scent! Love,:)

I one hundred percent agree with Olfactoria's review below me. My fiance gave me a 50ml bottle of this for my birthday in 2015. I loved it at the time, before I was a bit more versed in fragrance. Now I'm into the old classics. Coco Mademoiselle is like EDM music, and the statement ones such as Youth Dew, Shalimar, Opium, Cinnabar and Coco are like classic rock. CM smells so commercial to me. It's well constructed, and it has amazing longevity. But I only wear it occasionally. Maybe it's the generous citrus in the formula, I can't pinpoint what it is, but it's just too teeny-bopperish, and conjures up the mall in my head. My fiance also gave me the OG Coco on the birthday after, and that's what wrecked my temporary CM fling. I apologize to the CM lovers, but the OG Coco, and other vintage classics, are sooooo much better imo.

( Mar27 2018 )

I was excited to see a new Chanel Coco product in a local store , marketed as “ Coco Mlle Intense” . This was intriguing since I wear Coco now and have worn her sister Coco Mlle in years past , along with Allure
( my all time favorite ) .

A few years ago when Coco Noir came out , I felt rather confused with what Chanel was trying to create or achieve . It was a pleasant fragrance to me , but just did not make enough of an olfactory statement to justify the hefty price . I was not wowed enough , and I also found it to have very little projection . Usually a Chanel product creates a mental impression within a couple of minutes after dry down. And usually a Chanel product gives ME an impression of something top drawer , masterfully done , extremely sophisticated and bears qualities of a time less classic .( I have problems when people call a fragrance dated because the most exquisite masterpieces in the Louvre or in the Mart Museum are “dated “ . They are the best of the best and invoke a sense of awe in the viewer’s senses.

I held my breath with anticipation as I waited to see the result of a few sprays of Coco Mlle INTENSE , the new flanker . I had a positive initial reaction , then walked around the mall and waited to make a personal judgement . As the day wore on , I could smell my arm with the new fragrance and decided within an hour I would break the bank for a bottle ( about $150 ) .

Why is it worth it ? It makes a distinct CHANEL impression of something classic, sophisticated and well constructed .It is feminine, softly spicy , does not scream “VANILLA extract “ generic smell . It is expensive because it is so well crafted and Chanel does not scrimp on the ingredients . This is one that will never go out of style , and I predict it will be very well received .

Ilove the fact that it is not a vanilla sugar bomb , and that it is a soft oriental spice . I also LOVE the fact that it has some definite projection and impressive lasting power . It will get just the right amount of attention without blasting loudly . Chanel has created a winner ! It is ( once again ) sophisticated , intriguing , softly spicy and is perfect for a woman who comes across as an intelligent creature who does not need to grovel or scream or walk partially nude in public in desperation for attention .

I rarely splurge over $ 125 .00 for a fragrance , but this ( like Allure and Coco EDP ) is worth the money and a bottle will be quite long lasting ( like the other Chanels I own ) and it will not be a classic women will enjoy thirty years from now .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a beautiful perfume that is quite different from my usual taste. I wore the original Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Partum Spray years ago but never replaced my bottle after moving. I decided that this new version was the perfect opportunity to bring it back to my collection.

Chanel.com says, "A new facet of the COCO MADEMOISELLE personality, amplified by an extreme dose of Patchouli and an Amber accord that combines Tonka Bean and Vanilla from Madagascar.A powerful, deep, irresistible composition." I love All of these notes, especially Tonka Bean and Vanilla. So I decided to blind buy it as it's (at this time anyways) a Chanel.com exclusive that I wouldn't be able to test in store.

It arrived in a beautiful box with beautiful packaging from Chanel. Testing it reminded me of why I used to love the Original so much. But to my untrained nose, I couldn't smell much of a difference. Several others have tried it and said that they can definitely tell the Intense from the Original. But it's fine by me that it does as I don't currently own the Original. This perfume is a sillage monster and wears like iron. I can often still smell the 2 sprays I used the day before when I wake up in the morning. One of the few new perfume releases I can say that about it seems.

Do I think it's worth the price? Absolutely! It's a very well crafted Oriental that is in a beautiful classic Chanel bottle. Will I repurchase? Likely. But with it's amazing longevity, I shouldn't need to anytime soon.

Love this. I think its sexy and feminine. The only thing I will say is it used to last longer on you but now it wears off really quickly.
Its a beautiful timeless perfume though.
Its a treat for myself. I love it.

I wanted to like this, but I think it was because Chanel is classic rather than really loving the scents. I tried it on in store and it smelled nice enough, so I bought it (to be clear, it was the toilette spray). My husband thinks it smells wonderful, but after wearing it a few times, I can't get past the overwhelming masculine notes in the scent. Also the only way I can wear it without sneezing and getting a headache, is to spray once into the air and walk into it. It's just too heavy to apply directly to my skin, and god forbid you spray this one more than once!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I so much would want to love this. This si so incredibly popular and I do believe it is a high quality fragrance, like all Chanel's are, And I love smelling it on other people, I immediately recognize it, and I find it it classy and sexy. But just on others.
Everytime I wear this I get an immediate headache (and I am not prone to migraines) and ... it really is a stink on me. Unbearable. I have to scrub it off immediately.
This is a pity because I so want to wear and love this one. On me it simply does not work - like many other Chanel (there are only a few I can wear, like Chanel 19 , Cristalle edt, n.5 Eau Première).
Please note I am a fragrance collector and I own more than 200 bottles - and I regularly wear them.
Just Coco M. is not for me....

on 1/9/2017 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love it! It stays on for a really long time.

on 12/18/2016 12:30:00 PM

It is a good scent and product. Good price for what it is worth. Although I have the eu de perfume it does not leave a trace around me so people have to be really close to me to smell it. On the other hand it is very long lasting and stays on my skin even after 8-10 hours.

on 10/19/2016 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Such a classic scent. Is fresh, and potent without being heavy and harsh. Always a go to of mine.