CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

4.3

on 6/13/2018 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my #1 migraine inducer, probably due to the patchouli. Be careful if you're prone to headaches from scents. Sorry to be a party pooper!

on 5/28/2014 10:39:00 PM

I knew this was a favourite on MUA so when I saw the tester bottle at the beauty boutique at Shoppers I just spritzed some of the EDT on my wrist and went about my shopping, and driving to different stores, running errands. I kept thinking, what is that god awful dryer sheet, bathroom deodorant, old fart smell invading my nostrils everywhere I go? I felt lightheaded and nauseated. It wasn't until I got home that I realized it was coming from me! From my wrist. With Chanel Mademoiselle on it. And nothing else. I'm sure for the right chemistry it would be amazing. But I'm about to get sick. I'm going to wash it off right now but decided to swing by MUA on my way to the bathroom. I'm no hater but this is the worst scent I've ever had on in my life.
UPDATE: I've washed my entire arms 4 times with different soaps, and it's still there as strong as ever - it keeps wafting into my nose and ruining my mood and making me sick. In sheer desperation I even tried soaking my arm in mouthwash! Then I cleaned them with rubbing alcohol - that seemed to make it worse. Whaa?? I can't get my favourite scents to last more than 30 minutes on me, and this one is clinging like a cheap dress! I now TOTALLY understand what people who have sensitivities to scents feel like - make it stop!!

on 4/3/2013 1:13:00 PM

This smells exactly like a blast of chemical bug spray on me. It shrieks. I thought I was going to pass out! Anyway, glad I don't like it - found out that Chanel does in fact test on animals.

on 9/15/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is one of those scents that make me feel sick and gives me some bad headache. I usually fall in love with scents that have vanilla as a base but thisone truly is an epic fail for me. Though I must say that the staying power is great and I love the bottle. But this smells so heavy and "powdery", they obviously carried the white musk to the excess with thisone, I think this is something for the older ladies, despite the word "Mademoiselle" in it. Im my opinion highly overrated but Im glad for those who like it.

on 12/20/2008 11:32:00 PM

I tried to like this...I really did. My husband bought it for me after the clerk told him it was light and airy..uhhhhhh I love light fresh sweet scents...this was NOT it. Thankfully I tried it at the store, said how awful it was and my poor hubby said oh no, I got that for you as a gift. So we came home, got the box and took it back straight away. He paid 125.00 for a small set. I'm sure glad I didn't open this on Christmas morning. This scent is heavy and really strong to me. I couldn't get it off my arms in the shower. I'm on not too good with notes but this is for someone who likes really strong older women scents. A no go for me for sure...

on 10/23/2007 12:11:00 AM

This perfume is just nasty.
It reminds me of extremely old grannies who wear too much perfume... just reminds me of bad things... !!!!

on 11/22/2004 10:52:00 PM

yuck! despite my telling her i didn't like it the chanel rep pressed a sample on me (props to chanel for the spray sample). i figured i would give it a shot and put a spritz in the crook of each elbow. and spent the rest of the day smelling like a man. i don't know if it's my chemistry or what but this smells like guy's cologne. regular coco is lovely, but this? ugh!

I just cannot bring myself to like Coco Mademoiselle. It is classified as a light floral. On me it is a very dull & very faint of heart perfume. Actually with my chemistry it smells a bit like an ashtray. I'm sure with the right chemistry this might be very nice. It just does nothing for me. I found the body lotion was even more ashtrayish on me than the EDT. Wouldn't recommend for someone who likes florals/oriental florals with soap, woody or spice undertones. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Tested Coco Mademoiselle, once again, magically hoping drydown would be similar to the first spritz.

Top notes are a sophisticated, feminine, citrusy floral. Stunning. Drydown; however, is another story. I begin to smell the patchouli more, and more. As the patch comes forth, I can smell it overriding the citrusy floral. This stunning fragrance dries down to a dirty hippie smell. SO disappointed.

If I could find a fragrance similar to Coco Mademoiselle, minus the patch, or at least much less patch, would be so happy.

Rating this with two lippies because top and middle notes bode well with my body chemistry.

on 5/11/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I find it very strong on everybody but on some people it is just intoxicating. A masterpiece if it suits your skin.

Popular Fragrances