CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This perfume is sooooooo overrated. It's extremely strong and doesn't even smell good, and it stays in my nose (THE STRONG & TOXIC SCENT LINGERS) ALL THE WAY UNTIL THE NEXT MORNING DESPITE MY WASHES, FANNING and changing of clothes. I've been breathing toxic chemicals for so long and I had such a HUGE headache. 😡

on 5/31/2010 11:11:00 AM

The citrus opening is nice, but very fleeting. Within seconds of spraying this on myself, Coco Mademoiselle becomes a kind of powdery floral which, for some reason, immediately turns extremely plasticky and synthetic smelling. It really is simply awful and one-dimensional on me. To be frank, though, I don't particularly enjoy it on the card, either, so I would not have chosen it for myself even if it didn't turn into Mr. Hyde when I apply it.

on 11/27/2008 2:34:00 PM

I loved it when I smelled it for the first time and I just had to get it. After a while I realized that it really stinks! I absolutely hate the smell, its GROSS!

on 8/16/2008 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

When I first smelt this, it was way too strong. Last week I went to Sephora and actually sprayed this on my wrist instead of on one of those papers. While I won't buy this again and honestly don't understand the hype, this perfume was really nothing special to me. I could only smell alcohol and it took about an hour for me to not smell the perfume anymore. I honestly don't feel anything special while wearing this unlike Allure Sensuelle which is my one and only favorite Chanel perfume. But everyone's body chemistry works in different ways, I suppose.

on 6/8/2008 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

O.K. I well dare to be the minority here. I do not like this at all. I have tried to find something at least interesting about this fragrance, but I can't. Wait. . . maybe the fact that it has the famous house of Chanel's name attached to it. Which I respect without question I don't think it is an age thing, for I do not find this fragrance to be geared towards the older crowd. The very add campaign is to the contrary. It is for a sophisticated younger crowd in my opion. Here's the weird part, wich many of you will disagree with: It does not appear to be very femenine to me. O.K. I said it! It has a kind of androgenous feel to it in my opinion. Now, I am not saying that I do not like androgenous fragrances, I love Vetiver for instance. However, this does not do it for me. It is not hidious, but it is not me. I know, you can stone me now. . .

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was soooo disappointed with this. I had read all the wonderful reviews and couldn't wait to receive my bottle (bought a small sample bottle, which was good). I purchased the EDP, but unfortunately, like a previous reviewer wrote, it smelled like men's aftershave on me. Even one of my male coworkers remarked that it smelled that way. I guess my body chemistry didn't mix well with this perfume. Oh well, the search continues........

on 4/21/2018 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this flanker to Coco Mademoiselle. It was described as a deeper and richer version of CM so I bought a bottle. When first sprayed I had to look at the bottle because it was Coco Mademoiselle with no hint that it would evolve into something that would become a Chanel classic. I knew the top notes (mostly citrus - grapefruit) would dissipate in a few minutes and the mid or heart notes would appear. The heart notes are supposedly floral - jasmine, orange blossom and tuberose - were very soft and too far in the background to have any real presence. I was hoping the base notes of patchouli, tonka bean, musk and sandalwood would bring out the heart notes making Coco Mademoiselle Intense more than a slightly different version of Coco Mademoiselle. After 30 minutes nothing had changed and the scent was starting to fade. I sprayed Coco Mademoiselle on one wrist and the "Intense" version on the other wrist. The only exception was there was less citrus in the "Intense". I know perfumers add aromatic compounds to fragrance to extend the scent life. Eau De Parfum is supposed to contain between 10 - 20% of the aromatic compound and I would guess the "Intense" is about 10% considering how quickly it fades on well moisturized skin. (Eau De Toilette is between 5 - 20%). I do know there are several factors that can alter the scent of a perfume. Things such as foods that are eaten, medications, bath soap and the chemistry of your skin. Hopefully Chanel will come out with a CM Intense lotion or body cream to help the longevity of the perfume. I don't believe in over-powering perfume but I do want it to be noticeable to more than just myself and only if I sniff my wrist. The bottle I bought came from Chanel as I buy only authentic fragrances. I want to point out this is on MY SKIN and the scent could be different on your skin. Have a SCENTsational day!

on 8/13/2011 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

At first sniff I absolutely LOVED this perfume. It opened with citrus notes that immediately drew me in as I am a huge fan of orange blossom/ neroli. After about 5 minutes on my skin I realized that all I could smell were the rose and jasmine notes. Unfortunately rose smells terrible on me and reminds me of little old ladies. Ugh. Obviously the drydown of a fragrance differs on each person but I didn't expect such a rosey scent. I gave two stars for the longevity of this fragrance- it didn't fade for at least 8 hours.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I had tried Coco Chanel and really liked it. It was the first purfume to actually linger on my skin beautifully. But when I was at the counter I found Coco Mademoiselle and unfortunatley picked this one instead of the classic. Big mistake! Not sure if it is the oils on my skin but this fragrance smelled awful on me after a couple hours. It gave me a headache. Not that soft smell that was left after Coco. Too bad! It was so expensive and a gift! So it has been sitting in my bathroom ever since. I'm going to buy Coco Chanel this time around. I have learned my lesson!

on 12/21/2008 11:31:00 PM

Waaay too strong. A little too "mature" for me. One spray of this stuff and I feel like I've aged fifteen years. Kate Moss just came out with a fragrance that is almost identical to this. I don't like it either, but if you want the scent but not the price, I would definitely check that out.