CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I never had any interest in this scent until I stumbled upon all the glowing reviews here on MA. Even though the various descriptions of this perfume made it sound like exactly the type of fragrance I wouldn't like, I thought I might be pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately it turned out to be exactly what I expected - a heady, musty floral/aldehyde monstrosity that overpowers your senses and just won't disappear...and that's from one spray of the EDT! To put it simply, if you took a decent floral scent and sprayed it on someone who hadn't showered in a week, they'd smell exactly like Coco Mademoiselle. Absolutely vile!

I don't understand how this could be marketed at anyone under the age of 40. Even if I loved it, I'd find it impossible to wear at my age (24). This is not for those of us who adore perfume, but don't want to smell like we're wearing it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was soooo disappointed with this. I had read all the wonderful reviews and couldn't wait to receive my bottle (bought a small sample bottle, which was good). I purchased the EDP, but unfortunately, like a previous reviewer wrote, it smelled like men's aftershave on me. Even one of my male coworkers remarked that it smelled that way. I guess my body chemistry didn't mix well with this perfume. Oh well, the search continues........

on 11/12/2006 12:57:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

GROSS! TOO STRONG! Smells like a bunch of old ladies in a funeral home!

on 10/18/2011 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I honestly don't know why this scent gets such rave reviews,and as a lover of the vast majority of Chanels I find this so far from the others it might as well be a Britney Spears perfume. I can respect perfumes that don't work on me, but this is just *offensive*. It starts with a screeching siren of citrus and fruit, sharp and interrupting like having your TV on low and then having a super-loud commercial suddenly play. It stays this way all throughout its incredibly long dry down (which I must respect), and even after running some water over the scent to tone it down it still screams for attention.

This is a Chanel? Coco must be spinning in her grave. Where is the complexity of No.5, the discord of No.19, the warmth of Cuir de Russie and Coco, the comfort of Coromandel? If what I've read is true and Coco Mademoiselle's runaway success indeed kickstarted the fruitchouli fanaticism I wish I had the power and money to buy every bottle ever made and launch them into the sun.

Coco Mademoiselle is no mademoiselle, no young scion of an aristocratic family full of history and tradition--she's the rich party girl living off daddy's money stumbling into you drunk as a skunk, spilling her fruity cocktail all over your dress/tux and not even bothering to apologize. She merely giggles out a high-pitched "oops!" before weaving back to the bar in precariously high stilettos that cost more than what you make in a month.

I'll try the parfum as I heard it's much more restrained and well-crafted, but I doubt this Paris Hilton will turn into a Princess Diana.

on 8/13/2011 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

At first sniff I absolutely LOVED this perfume. It opened with citrus notes that immediately drew me in as I am a huge fan of orange blossom/ neroli. After about 5 minutes on my skin I realized that all I could smell were the rose and jasmine notes. Unfortunately rose smells terrible on me and reminds me of little old ladies. Ugh. Obviously the drydown of a fragrance differs on each person but I didn't expect such a rosey scent. I gave two stars for the longevity of this fragrance- it didn't fade for at least 8 hours.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Loved when I smelled it in a magazine, bought it and it was just way too "perfumey" for me and gave me a headache. I ended giving it away to my mom.

on 11/29/2008 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have a problem. I become obsessed with new perfumes, but once I buy them, the love affair ends. That happened with Coco Mademoiselle. I loved it, then I bought it, and now I can't stand it. It gives me a headache when I wear it, and sometimes it makes me sick to my stomach. It's way too strong, and very chemically smelling. The same thing happened with Chance. I love Chanel cosmetics, but I don't get the hype over their fragrances. I have a full bottle sitting on my vanity and since I don't ever wear it, it was a complete waste of money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got this as a sample from a Chanel counter and I must say I was very ify about it. I put it on my wrist and in a matter of a minute, I fell in love. On me, it smells somewhat like Miss Dior Cherie but not nearly as sweet :-)

on 12/22/2003 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Unfortunately, this is very strong, sharp, and unpleasant on my skin. I'm not a big fan of florals to begin with, but I retract in headache horror when I catch whiffs of this sharp scent.

on 6/3/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

First off, the bottle for this is so classy and pretty. Chanel with pink liquid! No wonder this is a popular female buy. But what I don't understand is the overwhelming popularity of this. Chanel products are always expensive, but I do find Coco Mademoiselle to be more expensive than some of their other fragrances. I think my biggest problem with this is that every second girl I know wears this. No joke. To me it is like the adult version of Britney Spears' fantasy, which I can smell on every second teenage girl at the mall. Saying that, I don't think this smells bad. But I do think it smells boring. To me it smells mostly of patchouli, which I love but I find that there isn't too much aside from it except for some faint hints of something floral and fruity. I find it nice, clean and pretty. But again, boring. I have so many samples of this perfume that I just cannot use up but I try to in order to get through them. It does have decent sillage and longevity though. If you like it buy away.

Popular Fragrances