CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

4.3

on 10/4/2018 7:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After reading some very extensive and exhaustive reviews on fragrance boards about Coco Mademoiselle Intense, I kind of laughed to myself when I finally got around to smelling it in person. So many reviewers on the fragrance boards broke down note by note just how drastically different Coco Mademoiselle Intense was from the original. However, in reality, they are nearly identical perfumes. I believe that fragrance lovers must sometimes convince themselves that a new launch is super different so that they can justify spending another $140 on yet another bottle of perfume. I used to do it, so I know it happens lol My advice to prospective buyers: if you already own a bottle of Coco Mademoiselle EDP then you do not need a bottle of Coco Mademoiselle Intense. However, if you tested and liked Coco Mademoiselle EDP and were already going to buy a full bottle, then I would suggest perhaps buying the Intense version while Chanel is offering it. I’m not sure if the Intense version is a limited release, so it’s worth picking it up if someone is already in the buying mood. IMO to have both the EDP and the Intense version is unnecessary.

It’s hard to break down the notes of Coco Mademoiselle in any of its variations because the notes are so well-blended and balanced. I think the three main accords that stick out are: citrus, sweet and a clean, almost mossy, very dominant patchouli note. The only difference I can detect in the Intense version is a slightly toned down citrus top note, but that’s about the only difference that I smell. If you hate patchouli then you might hate Coco Mademoiselle Intense (and also the EDP, EDT, and the parfum lol). It’s not a dirty patchouli note like in my beloved Angel, but it’s a strong patchouli nonetheless. The citrus top note and the sweetness in the beginning both subside as time passes, but that clean patchouli lasts forever.

Also, I get the same strong projection and longevity in the Intense version that I get in the original EDP. It lasts until wash day on clothes and I can smell it on my skin for well over 7 hours.

I think Coco Mademoiselle Intense is worth the purchase if you don't already have the EDP. When I run out of my current bottle of EDP, I will probably purchase this as a replacement.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a beautiful perfume that is quite different from my usual taste. I wore the original Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Partum Spray years ago but never replaced my bottle after moving. I decided that this new version was the perfect opportunity to bring it back to my collection.

Chanel.com says, "A new facet of the COCO MADEMOISELLE personality, amplified by an extreme dose of Patchouli and an Amber accord that combines Tonka Bean and Vanilla from Madagascar.A powerful, deep, irresistible composition." I love All of these notes, especially Tonka Bean and Vanilla. So I decided to blind buy it as it's (at this time anyways) a Chanel.com exclusive that I wouldn't be able to test in store.

It arrived in a beautiful box with beautiful packaging from Chanel. Testing it reminded me of why I used to love the Original so much. But to my untrained nose, I couldn't smell much of a difference. Several others have tried it and said that they can definitely tell the Intense from the Original. But it's fine by me that it does as I don't currently own the Original. This perfume is a sillage monster and wears like iron. I can often still smell the 2 sprays I used the day before when I wake up in the morning. One of the few new perfume releases I can say that about it seems.

Do I think it's worth the price? Absolutely! It's a very well crafted Oriental that is in a beautiful classic Chanel bottle. Will I repurchase? Likely. But with it's amazing longevity, I shouldn't need to anytime soon.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Well well well , I've arrived to my Queen of all my favourites.Now Mademoiselle shouldn't be restricted to the target buyers at the time (25-33) because I find the original is a classic but an older women is already strong & wise and doesn't need reminding what and who she is ! 😝 Mademoiselle tones down the intensity that the original Coco doesn't have.Being a day to night oriental , Mademoiselle is a very nice balancing fragrance as its Citrusy, sweet, strong & sexy without being a tramp. Thank you Chanel, she HAS arrived and she's going to stay!!💋

on 5/2/2016 8:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My HG fragrance. It is very feminine and classy. Definitely not a super young fragrance, and subtle enough to wear to the office. The price is high for what it is, and the largest bottle is, typically the best deal.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is one of my favorite fragrances. The packaging is beautiful and high quality; very clean, polished, and elegant, like the scent itself. It lasts a long time, like any classic Chanel EDP. I feel very chic wearing this. From Mademoiselle, I smell the citrus base, followed by the patchouli, musk, vanilla, and the lovely touch of rose. It's on the spicy side and a bit powdery, but nothing like No.5. I also love Mademoiselle's darker older sister Coco. This one smells a bit more youthful. Both are very nice. Mademoiselle is strong, but not overpowering. Very warm and inviting. I also find it's nice for all year around. Better suited for going out rather than office-wear though for sure.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

So I'm on my second bottle of this stuff and I love it. It seems to be a love/hate product (my mom cannot stand the smell, she gets annoyed if I wear it around her), but I am firmly on the "love" side. It's a rich, spicy, powdery scent. Coco Mademoiselle is still mature and sophisticated, but I find it more youthful than some of Chanel's other perfumes (No. 5 is my grandma's signature perfume and I just cannot disassociate the two, although I know some younger people love it). I find the smell doesn't linger as long as some of my other perfumes, but I tend to use it more if I'm going out at night, so that doesn't matter to me as much. It also has a more romantic feel to it, which I love!

on 6/3/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

First off, the bottle for this is so classy and pretty. Chanel with pink liquid! No wonder this is a popular female buy. But what I don't understand is the overwhelming popularity of this. Chanel products are always expensive, but I do find Coco Mademoiselle to be more expensive than some of their other fragrances. I think my biggest problem with this is that every second girl I know wears this. No joke. To me it is like the adult version of Britney Spears' fantasy, which I can smell on every second teenage girl at the mall. Saying that, I don't think this smells bad. But I do think it smells boring. To me it smells mostly of patchouli, which I love but I find that there isn't too much aside from it except for some faint hints of something floral and fruity. I find it nice, clean and pretty. But again, boring. I have so many samples of this perfume that I just cannot use up but I try to in order to get through them. It does have decent sillage and longevity though. If you like it buy away.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Ladies...this perfume..not the Eau de Toliet....is SHEER LUX! I received the perfume and lotion combo for mother's day, and I feel like a queen! This is NOT a cheap fragrance,,,,so use sparingly. A Dab will do you anyway, Chanel has hit the mark with this one! It is sure to become a classic, along with their No5!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

i am in love with this heady fragrance. One of my good friends from Germany would always wear this and it made me want to hug her, she smelled very warm and cozy. We were OR nurses together, so I think this scent isn't strictly for nighttime or cold weather, I think it tends to translate nicely to daytime and all seasons. I have never actually bought the real thing, but have found a local etailer that duplicates this scent perfectly. I purchase the scrub, body oil, and fragrance and have found it very comparable to the real thing!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is the only Chanel perfume I like. It smells very girly and sophisticated at the same time. It's what I like to use on days that I want to wear lacy, pink things and be all feminine. Love it and will repurchase once I run out!