CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

4.2

on 6/13/2018 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my #1 migraine inducer, probably due to the patchouli. Be careful if you're prone to headaches from scents. Sorry to be a party pooper!

on 12/29/2012 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My friend was raving about this so while in ulta I sprayed myself with it, I quickly regretted it. It smelled like earth. Like sap, pine, grass, dirt, bark; u name it. It smelled like someone took a whole forrest, put it in a blender and liquefied it and poured it in a bottle. I had to finish my errands with this junk on me and it was giving me a headache. yet another high end fail.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I first smelled this on those little strips of paper used for sampling the fragrance. I fell in love with the soft, classic and not-too-girly scent.

I bought the EDT version and this is considered a bad purchase. It just doesn't work well with my body chemistry. I sprayed 2 spritzes on my decollatage and although it lasted a full day, it was sharp and offensive to me and people who were close enough to smell it. I noticed my colleague who shared a lift with me subtly using her finger to cover her nose. I was in the train when a guy next to me discreetly moved to the other side. I had never experienced such forms of being ostracized and was definitely placed in an uncomfortable mood.

Still, I wanted to find something to love about this fragrance given all the positive reviews about it. I tried it a second and third time, sometimes on clothes, sometimes on my skin, and each time I have this perfume on, people shun me. It was just too synthetic-smelling and overwhelming.

Finally for the sake of my social life, I decided this has to go. Now I am back to my trusted Bvlgari Rose Essentielle and Paul Smith Rose. These work great on me and I am back to having some instances where strangers would comment on my perfume smelling gorgeous.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

(Rreview for EDP)
I bought this in Duty Free cos they didn't have my Prada. I actually really hate perfumes that smell too girly and are usually very popular.

I got this cos I wanted it since 2008, when I was much younger and believed that Chanel = can never go wrong.

I don't like this. It smells horrible on me between 1-5 hours of spraying it on, it smells so sour and metallic, not in the good way. This is increasingly obvious after a few months of owning it. So I guess the perfume turned bad or something, it wasn't so bad in the beginning. Coco Mademoiselle is not worthy of the Chanel name that produced No19 and Eau Premiere.

I prefer Narciso Rodriguez For Her to this. They are similar, but For Her is a lot more refined and elegant.

on 10/24/2010 10:20:00 PM

i cannot stomach this scent. i put it on my wrists only and my husband asked me if i had put on some cologne. i swear its so strong even with a light touch of it that i could taste it on my tongue. there was just something so offensive to my senses about this scent. it instantly made my sinuses hurt. sadly i wore it on a rare night out with my sisters, i woke up later in the middle of hte night with my wrists next to my face. it made me dry heave. i really dislike this... but to each their own!

on 5/31/2010 11:11:00 AM

The citrus opening is nice, but very fleeting. Within seconds of spraying this on myself, Coco Mademoiselle becomes a kind of powdery floral which, for some reason, immediately turns extremely plasticky and synthetic smelling. It really is simply awful and one-dimensional on me. To be frank, though, I don't particularly enjoy it on the card, either, so I would not have chosen it for myself even if it didn't turn into Mr. Hyde when I apply it.

I know I know this is a popular scent I tried to like it but to me it just smelled like bug spray. Heartbreakingly, I gave a almost full bottle to a girl who lives close to me and I regret it now because a. it was sooo expensive and b. it's just a pretty bottle to have on my nightstand. But that is history. I may give it another shot in the future. When I smelled it in December's LUCKY magazine insert for their clever add with the girl holding the top hat over her chest, it (doh!) smelled nice and I have "giver's" remorse. Anyhow, see you later Coco Mademoiselle. I'm not through with you yet:-)

on 8/16/2008 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

When I first smelt this, it was way too strong. Last week I went to Sephora and actually sprayed this on my wrist instead of on one of those papers. While I won't buy this again and honestly don't understand the hype, this perfume was really nothing special to me. I could only smell alcohol and it took about an hour for me to not smell the perfume anymore. I honestly don't feel anything special while wearing this unlike Allure Sensuelle which is my one and only favorite Chanel perfume. But everyone's body chemistry works in different ways, I suppose.

on 2/15/2008 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Got this yesterday from my husband for V-day. I was immediately wary because I have yet to find a Chanel that i like! I had tried Sensual Elixir and that was a fantastic perfume...for like, a day! Then it turned sour on me. This one so far smells delicious! It is sweet-but not sick to your stomach sweet, it's warm and woodsy and slightly powdery?. i am not sure if i like the powdery portion of this just yet... This is for the EDP-i only gave it four lippies because it doesnt stay on very well. It came out of the bottle sweet and dried down to a warm, sensual citrus? I am keeping this bottle but not sure if i would repurchase. It's nice to have but nothing super duper special. I am still in love with my Versace! which also, sadly, doesnt stay on my skin either....nice square bottle with a frosted cap.
UPDATE: ok by the end of today-i was getting a nasty headache again and my nose was hurting from the "sharpness"! i think it's what one girl calls, "adelhydes" (?!). anyway, definitely returning first thing tomorrow morning! I guess i am just NOT a chanel girl. oh well...

I purchased this in the EDT (based on the good reviews and the fact that I love Chanel No. 22 and No. 5 EDT) but this smells like pure men's aftershave on me. Yuck. I understand that everyone's body chemistry and pH are different, but geez oh man, this stuff is not good on me - pure men's aftershave. Ugh. It's going back today.