Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

Filtered by hair type : Other
Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
Coco MademoiselleCoco MademoiselleCoco Mademoiselle

4.2

Ahhh, Coco Mad, the citrusy fruitchouli from 2001 that left a thousand copycats in its wake. It’s seamlessly, immaculately appealing. It just smells great, from first spray through last whiff. It won’t offend anyone and will, in fact, delight many.
Yes, I like it and wear it on occasion. No, I don’t love it. It may be a Chanel, but it’s no masterpiece.

In the end, while CM is very well-done for what it is—it bores me. It’s pink and safe and predictable. When compared to some complex classics I own, CM seems almost like a really nice teen shampoo or deodorant by comparison. It has no heft, no gravitas. I’ll stick with the scents many call “old lady,” like Oscar de la Renta and Cinnabar. Those at least make a statement; CM is just amiable but vapid background noise.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I so much would want to love this. This si so incredibly popular and I do believe it is a high quality fragrance, like all Chanel's are, And I love smelling it on other people, I immediately recognize it, and I find it it classy and sexy. But just on others.
Everytime I wear this I get an immediate headache (and I am not prone to migraines) and ... it really is a stink on me. Unbearable. I have to scrub it off immediately.
This is a pity because I so want to wear and love this one. On me it simply does not work - like many other Chanel (there are only a few I can wear, like Chanel 19 , Cristalle edt, n.5 Eau Première).
Please note I am a fragrance collector and I own more than 200 bottles - and I regularly wear them.
Just Coco M. is not for me....

on 9/17/2016 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Despite the good ratings I'm giving this perfume, I'm not much of a fan as I find it uninteresting and it's too common. I bought it on a big discount from the local department store. Sad to say of my collection, this is the one that's gotten the most male compliments. I wish I could get this reaction with my other preferred fragrances. It's a fruity, floral crowd pleaser. Be sure not to overdo it since longevity and silage are pretty high, even if it's undetectable to the wearer.

I feel so fancy and chic when I wear this. (Ok, so I wear it to class, but you can't blame a girl for trying) LOVE the fragrance, the EDP lasts and lasts and mellows to a nice soft scent towards the end of the day. I simply am not dressed without this perfume.

on 5/30/2016 3:01:00 PM

This parfume is perfect.

It has a nice smell and it´s long lasting.

Wearing this makes me think of christmas, with my family. Nice, warm, cozy. A real delight.

It´s ekspensive, sure, but totally worth it.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Was fortunate to have been able to try this over a few days. The fragrance smells to me like a combination of fresh clean laundry and air freshener. It is classy though and feminine, slightly sharp, a bit floral but not a very unique scent.
It reminds me of Glow by Jo Lo with a tiny touch of Euphoria by CK added to it. I totally can't wear Euphoria but in this tiny small amount I actually could.
This fragrance has good lasting power on me with a strong sillage. It remains constant without much or any change the whole day, that I do like.
I think this fragrance is too overpriced for the actual scent though

on 1/18/2016 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this as an anniversary gift from the BF and I have to say, he sure does have taste! It's become one of my go-to perfumes! Can be used for special occasions and casually, not so much for outdoorsy, hiking, sporty kind of activities. Other perfumes can fit that category. I'm halfway through it and that's saying a lot what with my perfume collection. I always get complimented on it, even from the most stoic of characters that I encounter in my travels. Surely a must-have!

I love so many of the Chanel perfume line; I have Chance, No 5, No 5 Eau Premiere, and Coco Noir. This Coco Mademoiselle was my wedding day perfume and has special place is my collection; it is a complex, beautiful, sophisticated scent. Just lovely.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is pricy but worth it because the scent last n clothes for a long time not only for the first 20min

on 10/4/2014 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought the EDP twist-and-spray several years ago and discovered it again last week. I gave it a spray to see if it's grown on me, and we've been having a little affair ever since.

By all logic, I should not like Coco Mademoiselle, since I dislike patchouli and aldehydes. The EDP was an impulse buy when I was a stressed student. I ended up never wearing it because it felt obtrusive and overwhelming for a student's life.

I still feel self-conscious about its power. The first few minutes are overwhelming and cloying. After it dries down it smells - to me, the wearer - sweet, soft, and feminine. No complaints on the musk. It sticks to my skin for at least twelve hours, and changes over time. My clothes smell wonderful. I wore it under a cashmere sweater the other day - heaven. However, I understand my nose gets accustomed to its strength - and boy, is it strong. I wear it at home, like a luxurious robe. Never to the office, or in an enclosed space with others, for fear of triggering migraines and offending noses.

My boyfriend is indifferent, but I love it - at least, for now, these few weeks of Fall. Maybe it's the weather, or that my body chemistry has changed a bit over the past few years. Maybe it'll become overwhelming for me again. There is such a passionate dislike for this fragrance, especially regarding to its popularity with women my age (a product of some of the best marketing strategists in the world). I'll move on for all our sakes, but it was fun while it lasted.

Popular Fragrances