Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

4.4

on 8/29/2015 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have worn this perfume on and off for 10+ years now and I love it. It is a gorgeously warm & rich yet fresh & creamy-clean scent that never seems to fade. I consistently get compliments every time I spray it on - even after I am no longer able to smell it on myself! It's almost impossible to describe this lovely perfume in terms of notes because it is so well-blended that nothing in particulate stands out. I have not worn it for a long time, but will definitely buy more eventually. A winner.

on 8/11/2015 3:43:00 PM

This is so much better than the cult classic No 5 everyone raves about. Mademoiselle is lighter, fresher, and less 'heavy'. It's good for day wear and with one or two more spritzes, can transform into a night-time perfume.

There's negligible decrease in potency of scent after 8 hours.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I had been eyeing this for awhile and I finally decided to buy it. Worth every penny. This is not sweet at all, but it is feminine. It's a perfume that you feel strong wearing. Not a candy vanilla sugar ball fragrance. Two sprays will last you all day. This is the first perfume that I don't have to reapply during the day. It smells kinda masculine in the sense that most perfumes have a vanilla in it that takes over once it dries down. That is not the case with coco mademoiselle. It always dries down this interesting blend that is unique. This is a perfume that is distinct when worn. I've seen a lot of reviews about this being very popular, but I haven't come across anyone who wears this. Always get a ton of compliments wearing this. Try it!

on 5/5/2014 10:21:00 AM

Perfect amounts of freshness, spice, smoke, and floral - mixed perfectly. People always say "you smell amazing", and I also find that though extremely popular, this scent smells different on everyone.

I keep a bottle of this on hand at all times - this is one of my all-time favorites. The only season I don't wear it is the heat of summer - I think it's great but it can be too much for other people.

Gorgeous bottle and packaging - love this. Highly recommended. Great stuff.

on 4/6/2014 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've long been a fan of Chanel Coco, which is more of an evening type perfume. These two fragrances don't seem related at all, as this one is more of a light, airy daytime fragrance that is delicate enough to wear every day to the office. It's one of the most beautiful perfumes I've ever worn, and my husband loves it on me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This fragrance was released when I was at uni, and 21 myself. I remember something about it being created as an approximation of what Coco herself would have worn at 21, if she were a modern women. She wouldn't have worn this, of course, as it's too tame and generic, but in the case of Coco Mademoiselle, that's not an insult.
I live in London and I smell this in 'the City' (the bankers, lawyers, business part of town) which always surprises me as it's (i) a little young, and (ii) not exactly a power scent. I suppose it's worn by anyone wanting to be a little coy.
And my ex's girlfriend wore it. You need to be aware that most people will have memories of this scent. My housemate wore it. Me, I've had three bottles over the years - one, bought by my parents, so it's special to me. Oh, and another ex boyfriend's sister wore it, though she now wears Infusion d'Iris. So, you need to be able to own this scent or you might bring someone else to mind.
It's very well-blended, and candied above any other note, though I get grapefruit, orange and vetiver almost as much as the sugary patchouli. I've worn it in the edp and edt; the latter is aquatic and a little more bitter.
I wear Chance more often than Mademoiselle, because I enjoy the weird masculinity of the former (and they are quite similar) and it's less worn, at least in London, I think. They're both exemplary offerings of the sweet patchouli genre and effervescent, joyful scents to wear.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have had only samples, but really love this scent! The edp is too strong for me, so I prefer the edt. I will be purchasing a bottle soon to add to the collection :)

on 7/15/2013 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This perfume does not smell the same when purchased in different countries. I have been using CM for years so i know exactly how it smells. It was afterall my favourite perfume worn daily.The one bought in Canada (from Murale) is truly wonderful, richer and longer-lasting. I get compliments using this. Then i moved to the UK and bought another bottle at one of those big Boots store in the city centre (i don't think there is a likelihood that Boots sells fakes as they are a reputable company). The Canadian one is way better. The UK version smells lighter, a tad fruitier and doesn't have such long-lasting effect as the Canadian one. Its like as if the UK version has been diluted. I still have some left from the Canadian one, so i can compare them both....and it is different. I only need to spray the canadian version just thrice and its enough to last for hours. With the UK version, forget it. Three sprays will last maybe 2 hours. As long as i am in the UK, i won't be buying this anymore.

on 4/5/2013 8:12:00 PM

I picked up a sample of this when it first came out & I was in LOVE! Simply gorgeous smell <3

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

oh my god this is the best smelling fragrance I've encountered in a long time. I wish my mom wore it too just so I could smell it more, cus obviously your nose can get used to anything after a while, and wearing a fragrance is for making yourself feel a certain way, not just for the scent. I'm used to inexpensive sweet scents, musk and/or vanilla blended in to add depth to a fruity scent. I've never never NEVER been a floral perfume person, it always smelled like old lady to me. I mean this better be unique for the price, but it really does smell like NOTHING I've ever experienced in my entire life. it's ever so slightly floral, but it smells fresh and young--for the first time, a floral fit for a 21 year old, not for my grandma. I guess this parfum has something(s) that I've never smelled before ? that's the only reason I can think of for this to be so special. but I'm happy it's so special, I might have found my signature scent. :) so freaking happy. seriously I'm in love. never discontinue this Chanel.

Popular Fragrances