CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

Filtered by skin type : Combination
CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

4.2

on 10/9/2018 1:51:00 PM

This is my #1 holy grail perfume of all time. I've been wearing this for over 15 years. I still love it and wear it at least once a week, if not more. I think it works for both daytime and a dressier occasion. Like all perfumes, it smells a teeny bit differently on everyone, so you will have to test it on and wear it for a day to get the full effect. It's pricey, but long lasting. I always buy the larger size, usually when I'm traveling, I'll pick it up at the duty free shop and one bottle lasts me well over a year.

One reviewer mentioned patchouli as an ingredient. I actually absolutely hate the smell of patchouli and think that it makes me smell like a hippie. But I had no idea that this perfume contains patchouli and I never even thought it smells anything like patchouli in the last 15 or so years that I've been wearing this.

I will continue to wear this perfume for as long as they keep making it.

on 10/4/2018 7:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After reading some very extensive and exhaustive reviews on fragrance boards about Coco Mademoiselle Intense, I kind of laughed to myself when I finally got around to smelling it in person. So many reviewers on the fragrance boards broke down note by note just how drastically different Coco Mademoiselle Intense was from the original. However, in reality, they are nearly identical perfumes. I believe that fragrance lovers must sometimes convince themselves that a new launch is super different so that they can justify spending another $140 on yet another bottle of perfume. I used to do it, so I know it happens lol My advice to prospective buyers: if you already own a bottle of Coco Mademoiselle EDP then you do not need a bottle of Coco Mademoiselle Intense. However, if you tested and liked Coco Mademoiselle EDP and were already going to buy a full bottle, then I would suggest perhaps buying the Intense version while Chanel is offering it. I’m not sure if the Intense version is a limited release, so it’s worth picking it up if someone is already in the buying mood. IMO to have both the EDP and the Intense version is unnecessary.

It’s hard to break down the notes of Coco Mademoiselle in any of its variations because the notes are so well-blended and balanced. I think the three main accords that stick out are: citrus, sweet and a clean, almost mossy, very dominant patchouli note. The only difference I can detect in the Intense version is a slightly toned down citrus top note, but that’s about the only difference that I smell. If you hate patchouli then you might hate Coco Mademoiselle Intense (and also the EDP, EDT, and the parfum lol). It’s not a dirty patchouli note like in my beloved Angel, but it’s a strong patchouli nonetheless. The citrus top note and the sweetness in the beginning both subside as time passes, but that clean patchouli lasts forever.

Also, I get the same strong projection and longevity in the Intense version that I get in the original EDP. It lasts until wash day on clothes and I can smell it on my skin for well over 7 hours.

I think Coco Mademoiselle Intense is worth the purchase if you don't already have the EDP. When I run out of my current bottle of EDP, I will probably purchase this as a replacement.

on 5/24/2018 10:56:00 PM

Why I didn't try this scent till now I'll never know?!? I was thinking how bummed I was about how Parfum Initial was d/c'd and how I loved the patchouli note in that fragrance and would love to find another patchouli based scent to love. I didn't want a dupe just a good perfume. When I looked at the notes for Coco Mad and they spoke to me so I thought I'd give it a try.

White flowers, citrus, vetiver, musk, and the other notes sold me so I blind purchased it. So happy i did because I adore it so much I use it daily over my signature PI. I've also gotten many you smell good compliments and I totally forgot I had this on. The lasting power and silage are excellent! First this lasts on my skin overnight and the sillage is moderate to heavy depending on how much I use.

The dry down on this is amazing!! Its a beautiful floral with i catch whiffs of an earthy patchouli that's not masculine at all. This fragrance just smells good and I love it! I don't care that its a mass marketed a good scent is a good scent! Love,:)

on 4/21/2018 12:34:00 PM

The scent is too heavy and there are masculine notes which isn’t palatable for me.

I one hundred percent agree with Olfactoria's review below me. My fiance gave me a 50ml bottle of this for my birthday in 2015. I loved it at the time, before I was a bit more versed in fragrance. Now I'm into the old classics. Coco Mademoiselle is like EDM music, and the statement ones such as Youth Dew, Shalimar, Opium, Cinnabar and Coco are like classic rock. CM smells so commercial to me. It's well constructed, and it has amazing longevity. But I only wear it occasionally. Maybe it's the generous citrus in the formula, I can't pinpoint what it is, but it's just too teeny-bopperish, and conjures up the mall in my head. My fiance also gave me the OG Coco on the birthday after, and that's what wrecked my temporary CM fling. I apologize to the CM lovers, but the OG Coco, and other vintage classics, are sooooo much better imo.

on 4/11/2018 11:30:00 PM

I cannot wear regular CM, even though it smells wonderful on others. Yet the Intense version wears well on me. I detect the patchouli and vanilla. This imparts a warm and comforting scent and seems wearable year round.

on 4/11/2018 3:27:00 AM

Irresistable to me. I try new fragrances, that is to say I cheat on Coco Mademoiselle, but I always find myself back reaching for it at the store and smiling. Such a signature that people ask when they smell.

on 3/19/2018 1:48:00 AM

Errr.. I actually little bit dissapointed cause it smell like 'old lady'. Seriously, I feel like an old grand mama when using it. And honestly the smell make me dizzy and I usually have a sudden hadache after use coco mad.

I love, love, love this perfume! I have been wearing it for six years, and tried to find another to add into the mix (because I feel it's good to mix it up after a while), only to be disappointed by everything else. I understand this scent is basic and underwhelming for several people, but the ingredients in Coco Mad. mix very well with my skin. It lasts long and is a perfect balance of "barely there" and overwhelming. My husband has not liked any other scent on me, and has asked on occasion when trying other perfumes, "what happened to that good stuff you always used to wear?" :)

on 10/23/2017 12:52:00 PM

I do love this fragrance... like everyone else, right? lol It's one of the better mainstream designer fragrances available. It's so likeable and universally pleasing its almost magical. I mean, everyone and their mother loves this stuff!

A simple, elegant citrus, patchouli, floral with a nice soft powder lingering softly beneath it all to smooth out any sharp edges. Long lasting. The only reason I didn't give it a full 5 stars is because I smell it on every other person that walks by me on the street. So unfortunately I can't call it a favorite. However, I do wear and enjoy it on occasion!

Popular Fragrances