CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

4.3

on 3/26/2018 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

First I am not a fan of the edp..I had it in my collection, but didn't like it much...anyhow, truth is I really like this version, so I can't say they are exactly the same..they are not..you don't have to like edp to like Intense..lIntense is more rounded, less sharp, the citrus is tone down, and the florals aren't so sharp..maybe I will add Intense isnt as unique as the edp..the dry down is a beautiful gourmand with hints of a creamy vanilla and warm citrus..so easy to like..it will be more a crowd pleaser than the edp..for me though, it works perfect...Polge did good on that one..it isn't extraordinary unique, but it certainly smells great, with a trace of the Chanel DNA.

I love coco madamoiselle and this new addition is absolutely amazing. Truer to the original formula from 2001 to my nose and very long lasting. Very similar to edp, less citrus top notes but the same delicious madamoiselle dry down just more intense and long lasting. I love the edt, edp and the intense, they all have a place in my collection.

( Mar27 2018 )

I was excited to see a new Chanel Coco product in a local store , marketed as “ Coco Mlle Intense” . This was intriguing since I wear Coco now and have worn her sister Coco Mlle in years past , along with Allure
( my all time favorite ) .

A few years ago when Coco Noir came out , I felt rather confused with what Chanel was trying to create or achieve . It was a pleasant fragrance to me , but just did not make enough of an olfactory statement to justify the hefty price . I was not wowed enough , and I also found it to have very little projection . Usually a Chanel product creates a mental impression within a couple of minutes after dry down. And usually a Chanel product gives ME an impression of something top drawer , masterfully done , extremely sophisticated and bears qualities of a time less classic .( I have problems when people call a fragrance dated because the most exquisite masterpieces in the Louvre or in the Mart Museum are “dated “ . They are the best of the best and invoke a sense of awe in the viewer’s senses.

I held my breath with anticipation as I waited to see the result of a few sprays of Coco Mlle INTENSE , the new flanker . I had a positive initial reaction , then walked around the mall and waited to make a personal judgement . As the day wore on , I could smell my arm with the new fragrance and decided within an hour I would break the bank for a bottle ( about $150 ) .

Why is it worth it ? It makes a distinct CHANEL impression of something classic, sophisticated and well constructed .It is feminine, softly spicy , does not scream “VANILLA extract “ generic smell . It is expensive because it is so well crafted and Chanel does not scrimp on the ingredients . This is one that will never go out of style , and I predict it will be very well received .

Ilove the fact that it is not a vanilla sugar bomb , and that it is a soft oriental spice . I also LOVE the fact that it has some definite projection and impressive lasting power . It will get just the right amount of attention without blasting loudly . Chanel has created a winner ! It is ( once again ) sophisticated , intriguing , softly spicy and is perfect for a woman who comes across as an intelligent creature who does not need to grovel or scream or walk partially nude in public in desperation for attention .

I rarely splurge over $ 125 .00 for a fragrance , but this ( like Allure and Coco EDP ) is worth the money and a bottle will be quite long lasting ( like the other Chanels I own ) and it will not be a classic women will enjoy thirty years from now .

Ahhh, Coco Mad, the citrusy fruitchouli from 2001 that left a thousand copycats in its wake. It’s seamlessly, immaculately appealing. It just smells great, from first spray through last whiff. It won’t offend anyone and will, in fact, delight many.
Yes, I like it and wear it on occasion. No, I don’t love it. It may be a Chanel, but it’s no masterpiece.

In the end, while CM is very well-done for what it is—it bores me. It’s pink and safe and predictable. When compared to some complex classics I own, CM seems almost like a really nice teen shampoo or deodorant by comparison. It has no heft, no gravitas. I’ll stick with the scents many call “old lady,” like Oscar de la Renta and Cinnabar. Those at least make a statement; CM is just amiable but vapid background noise.

on 12/3/2017 1:19:00 PM

I so very much wanted to like this. But it's too sweet.
If it was more powdery, or fresher...
It has something in it that smells nice but it's hidden behind everything else.
I find it gives me dizzyness and a bit of a headache.
They say the Velvet Body Oil smells much better, so I'm going to try that.
UPDATE
I tried the Velvet Body Oil and it's amazing. Everything I wanted to like about Coco Mademoiselle edp and couldn't is there. I tried this after reading about it in boisdejasmin.com. Good tip! 5 lipsticks for the oil!

on 1/9/2017 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love it! It stays on for a really long time.

on 12/18/2016 12:30:00 PM

It is a good scent and product. Good price for what it is worth. Although I have the eu de perfume it does not leave a trace around me so people have to be really close to me to smell it. On the other hand it is very long lasting and stays on my skin even after 8-10 hours.

on 9/17/2016 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Despite the good ratings I'm giving this perfume, I'm not much of a fan as I find it uninteresting and it's too common. I bought it on a big discount from the local department store. Sad to say of my collection, this is the one that's gotten the most male compliments. I wish I could get this reaction with my other preferred fragrances. It's a fruity, floral crowd pleaser. Be sure not to overdo it since longevity and silage are pretty high, even if it's undetectable to the wearer.

This is my most favourite perfume ever and I have over a hundred in my collection. I always go back to this one, it's definitely my hg. The combination of notes just mix beautifly to produce a sexy, sensuous trail that I can't even begin to describe. Never fails to get compliments and I also love smelling it on others. So what if everyone wears it, that proves it's a wonderful fragrance and I still believe it smells slightly different on everyone. I have the edt and edp and find the edt sits better on my skin for some reason. Would love to purchase the pure parfum, definitely on my wish list. I believe this is suitable for women of all ages, it's classic Chanel and makes you feel pretty and feminine wearing it regardless of age. Will always have a bottle of this in my collection

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my go-to signature scent!
If you want a scent that depicts a sophisticated young woman, this is for you.
The scent is a crisp clean floral feminine scent, which definitely fits for most occasions.

No matter what time of the day or event, it's a versatile scent that works for most outfits
(Unless you're going for something edgy, maybe a more unique scent may work better)

Longevity wise; let the people around you speak for themselves.
I had a colleague whom fetched me home from work. A day later, he mentioned that his car smelled different, like some pleasant perfume. It's been about a whole day since I sprayed that, but it still lingers.

Another account was when I came into the room and sat down about 1 meter away from a colleague. In awhile, my colleague says he smells perfume and finds it sophisticated. It's been 6 hours since I spritz it, so it's pretty good lasting power.

1 spritz is enough, no more, no less. It isn't overpowering in my opinion. I got mine in EDP.

So if you like the scent, get it! The bottle should last for 2 - 3 years with everyday usage (If you spray once a day)

Popular Fragrances