Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
Coco MademoiselleCoco MademoiselleCoco Mademoiselle

4.3

on 6/20/2017 11:07:00 AM

While Coco Mad undeniably smells terrific, it also smells generic. It's perhaps the most popular and well-done of the hundreds of Angel-inspired fruitchoulis of the '00s and '10s. It's the scent of every upscale cosmetics counter in every upscale mall across America: a citrusy praline floral with a highly sanitized patchouli base that just screams luxury and cleanliness.

Four lippies for the quality and deliciousness of the scent; one lippie off because it's just not that distinctive anymore, if it ever was.

Which is not to say that I don't wear it and love it; I do. I have a 3.4 oz EDP that gets regular play in my fragrance wardrobe. I never fail to get compliments on it. People sometimes recognize it for what it is; other times, they ask if it's La Vie Est Belle or Angel Muse or Euphoria, all of which have a similar structure, although I think Coco Mad beats them all. Coco Mad is impeccably clean, sexy, and appealing. It would never be in the running as my signature scent, though. I tend to prefer my more distinctive vintage fragrances for that honor-- they challenge the nose a bit more, and I like that.

on 1/9/2017 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love it! It stays on for a really long time.

on 12/18/2016 12:30:00 PM

It is a good scent and product. Good price for what it is worth. Although I have the eu de perfume it does not leave a trace around me so people have to be really close to me to smell it. On the other hand it is very long lasting and stays on my skin even after 8-10 hours.

on 9/17/2016 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Despite the good ratings I'm giving this perfume, I'm not much of a fan as I find it uninteresting and it's too common. I bought it on a big discount from the local department store. Sad to say of my collection, this is the one that's gotten the most male compliments. I wish I could get this reaction with my other preferred fragrances. It's a fruity, floral crowd pleaser. Be sure not to overdo it since longevity and silage are pretty high, even if it's undetectable to the wearer.

This is my most favourite perfume ever and I have over a hundred in my collection. I always go back to this one, it's definitely my hg. The combination of notes just mix beautifly to produce a sexy, sensuous trail that I can't even begin to describe. Never fails to get compliments and I also love smelling it on others. So what if everyone wears it, that proves it's a wonderful fragrance and I still believe it smells slightly different on everyone. I have the edt and edp and find the edt sits better on my skin for some reason. Would love to purchase the pure parfum, definitely on my wish list. I believe this is suitable for women of all ages, it's classic Chanel and makes you feel pretty and feminine wearing it regardless of age. Will always have a bottle of this in my collection

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my go-to signature scent!
If you want a scent that depicts a sophisticated young woman, this is for you.
The scent is a crisp clean floral feminine scent, which definitely fits for most occasions.

No matter what time of the day or event, it's a versatile scent that works for most outfits
(Unless you're going for something edgy, maybe a more unique scent may work better)

Longevity wise; let the people around you speak for themselves.
I had a colleague whom fetched me home from work. A day later, he mentioned that his car smelled different, like some pleasant perfume. It's been about a whole day since I sprayed that, but it still lingers.

Another account was when I came into the room and sat down about 1 meter away from a colleague. In awhile, my colleague says he smells perfume and finds it sophisticated. It's been 6 hours since I spritz it, so it's pretty good lasting power.

1 spritz is enough, no more, no less. It isn't overpowering in my opinion. I got mine in EDP.

So if you like the scent, get it! The bottle should last for 2 - 3 years with everyday usage (If you spray once a day)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Very mixed and torn over this fragrance but I won't repurchase probably. It over powers me a little bit and I smell a somewhat masculine undertone to it. People have said they like the smell but in my opinion it is obnoxiously potent.

I feel so fancy and chic when I wear this. (Ok, so I wear it to class, but you can't blame a girl for trying) LOVE the fragrance, the EDP lasts and lasts and mellows to a nice soft scent towards the end of the day. I simply am not dressed without this perfume.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Well well well , I've arrived to my Queen of all my favourites.Now Mademoiselle shouldn't be restricted to the target buyers at the time (25-33) because I find the original is a classic but an older women is already strong & wise and doesn't need reminding what and who she is ! 😝 Mademoiselle tones down the intensity that the original Coco doesn't have.Being a day to night oriental , Mademoiselle is a very nice balancing fragrance as its Citrusy, sweet, strong & sexy without being a tramp. Thank you Chanel, she HAS arrived and she's going to stay!!💋

on 5/20/2016 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I thought I was done with fruitchoulis. They're ubiquitous; the perfume market is over-saturated with them, and I found that I don't care for fruity sweet scents, I find them cloying, mostly. And I don't like smelling like everyone else.
I stick with what really suits me; woody, white florals, earthy chypres, musks, spicy/creamy orientals.
Then I tested Coco Mad. I really liked it and bought a bottle of the EDT the next day. Dammit. It's simply a delicious indulgence without being screamy or dramatic. Somehow Chanel has figured out how to inject some depth and elegance into a type of fragrance that in my opinion is demographically pigeonholed and overplayed by fragrance houses. Heh, it's the 'Chanel' of fruitchoulis, I suppose.
Perfectly formulated and beautifully balanced - this is fruity-floral-patchouli done right, IMO. I don't wear it often, but when I get a craving for this type of fragrance, I prefer Coco Mad.

That's all I can say. I'm still reeling from the fact that I liked it and bought it after offloading all my other similar fragrances. (Angel, La Vie Est Belle, Jimmy Choo)

Popular Fragrances