CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

4.2

on 6/13/2018 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my #1 migraine inducer, probably due to the patchouli. Be careful if you're prone to headaches from scents. Sorry to be a party pooper!

I usually dont write reviews about anything unless Im extremely satisfied or dissatisfied about it.
Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Parfum Im really not happy about it.
First of all, the smell is not nice at all. It smells like acetone mixed with floor disinfectant and probably thats what it is. I got this bottle as a gift so many times, I had like 4 200 ml bottles of this stuff that was opened, and I didnt know what to do with all of it. So i finally persuaded myself that its nice and that I should use it. After all, its Chanel.
I used it for a couple of weeks. Sprayed it all over myself everyday in hopes that the bottles would finish quickly. What I didnt know was that the perfume was giving me a severe neurotoxic reaction and I didnt realize about it until now.
It is a real neurotoxin. It made me feel extremely irritated and agitated immediately after smelling it. I also had strange anger outbursts that came from nowhere. I had asthma like symptoms and severe rhinitis. This is not a placebo because once i stopped using the perfume everything was fine.
But then one day I totally forgot and started using Coco Mademoiselle again and I got a reaction again.
I used many other fragrances but none gave me this severe reaction.
In my opinion, it is a very expensive perfume that smells awful and is harmful. Totally not worth it.

on 3/27/2015 7:21:00 PM

I dont know what is fuss about coco perfume, the winner perfume all magazines top of the lists, also men's fav so on.. I absulately hate this common smell every 5 in 1 woman uses this perfume. It smells like burn plastic mixed up with specific flowers. It may go to well on some skins but not for everyone, the scent reminds me a woman who smokes heavily who doesn't have time to have shower and sprays on her clothes heavily. Or a woman who has just give birth looking for a sexy underwear which doesnt fit well on her lumpy body. This perfume may good for a girl in her early 20s just had clean shower and meets for her first date.

on 8/12/2014 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

OMG this stinks!! It smells like something my GREAT-grandmother would wear!

on 3/5/2014 7:46:00 PM

After reading the reviews I tested it and have never smelled such an awful smell. I washed the area where it was sprayed 5 times and I can't get it off. My son's girlfriend said it smelled like a dirty old lady. I'm so glad I didn't buy this before trying it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

EDIT:
I am changing my mind from my original review (below). Last night I put 1...just 1 and omg I got so sick from a terrible scent enduced headache! I was scrubbing my arms trying to get it off but the damage was done. This stuff is too darn strong. I am not sure how many ppl can wear this in public without incredibly irritating everyone in their school, office, ...mall....where ever they go. It is so strong. Terrible. You want to wear a purfume...not the perfume wearing you!

This stuff smells like liquid heaven.

It is a little strong - I just have 1 squirt on right now and that is more then enough. I wish it was just a smidge weaker. I am wearing the EDP ...maybe the EDT would be a bit softer. I don't think this is a scent you would wear to school or the workplace by any meanas.

I am not sure about the whole marketing to the younger 'coco generation'...to me there is nothing youthful about this scent. It is not granny any way but it is a more ...mature scent IMO ...

on 10/17/2009 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I 'm in the minorty here as I really hate this stuff. On me it's cloying too sweet and suffocating, it's the same when I smell this on others, I just can't stand it. For some reason over the years I've been given first the EDP, then the EDT (which I hoped would be less cloying - it wasn't!) and the Body spray. I think at some point I had asked for Coco as a gift and everyone bought me Madmoiselle instead. I should point out that I'm more into fresh clean chypres, which may explain why I dislike this so much.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can understand why in this day and age Mlle gets such rave reviews, but I don't feel it merits it. On my, my daughters', my friend's, skin it smells like another ubiquitous vanilla/patchouli blend of our times. It's TM Angel minus the true gourmand quality. It's Prada, with the patchouli bite muzzled. It's really boring for the price tag, so, I passed.

on 4/21/2018 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this flanker to Coco Mademoiselle. It was described as a deeper and richer version of CM so I bought a bottle. When first sprayed I had to look at the bottle because it was Coco Mademoiselle with no hint that it would evolve into something that would become a Chanel classic. I knew the top notes (mostly citrus - grapefruit) would dissipate in a few minutes and the mid or heart notes would appear. The heart notes are supposedly floral - jasmine, orange blossom and tuberose - were very soft and too far in the background to have any real presence. I was hoping the base notes of patchouli, tonka bean, musk and sandalwood would bring out the heart notes making Coco Mademoiselle Intense more than a slightly different version of Coco Mademoiselle. After 30 minutes nothing had changed and the scent was starting to fade. I sprayed Coco Mademoiselle on one wrist and the "Intense" version on the other wrist. The only exception was there was less citrus in the "Intense". I know perfumers add aromatic compounds to fragrance to extend the scent life. Eau De Parfum is supposed to contain between 10 - 20% of the aromatic compound and I would guess the "Intense" is about 10% considering how quickly it fades on well moisturized skin. (Eau De Toilette is between 5 - 20%). I do know there are several factors that can alter the scent of a perfume. Things such as foods that are eaten, medications, bath soap and the chemistry of your skin. Hopefully Chanel will come out with a CM Intense lotion or body cream to help the longevity of the perfume. I don't believe in over-powering perfume but I do want it to be noticeable to more than just myself and only if I sniff my wrist. The bottle I bought came from Chanel as I buy only authentic fragrances. I want to point out this is on MY SKIN and the scent could be different on your skin. Have a SCENTsational day!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Tested Coco Mademoiselle, once again, magically hoping drydown would be similar to the first spritz.

Top notes are a sophisticated, feminine, citrusy floral. Stunning. Drydown; however, is another story. I begin to smell the patchouli more, and more. As the patch comes forth, I can smell it overriding the citrusy floral. This stunning fragrance dries down to a dirty hippie smell. SO disappointed.

If I could find a fragrance similar to Coco Mademoiselle, minus the patch, or at least much less patch, would be so happy.

Rating this with two lippies because top and middle notes bode well with my body chemistry.

Popular Fragrances