CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

4.2

on 8/13/2008 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i've always wanted to try this because of the rave reviews...but when i got a sample and sprayed it on me...my husband came home and asked what the heck i was wearing. he said i smelled like his mom or his grandma. he said it smelled way too strong and he'd prefer something more fruity or fresh.

on 12/5/2005 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Um. No. Too much patchouli and no vanilla to soften it. Think I'll stick with the original--don't mess with a classic! It's weird that they have the same name--they are nothing alike at all....

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to like this.I put it on and broke into a horrible allergy,My breathing was scratchy,My eyes were watering,overall it was so irritating the cat came out of the closet and she's an old stickler for everything staying the same It irritated her also.No chanel mademoiselle,I really wanted to get this but it reacted badly to my environment.

on 6/30/2007 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Pros:

It's Chanel - when wearing chanel, whether it be clothing, perfume, sun glasses - there is this air of sophistication and timeless glamour that follows suit. As a name dropper - this is the ideal line.

The bottle - very reminiscent of 1920s/30s hollywood glamour - traditional, classic, clean.

Cons:

Too old a scent for a 20 something - i'm on the search for a more mature scent and have not been able to find it yet - and this one is definitely not it.

Too expensive - i spent $95.00 at a discount store for this perfume. And it smelled great in the store, but once on me - bleh. Awful.

Allergic reaction - for some reason, there are certain ingredients in this perfume that i'm allergic to. When i spray it on myself I just can't stop sneezing.

A real shame, for the price i paid, however my mom (who is now the owner) loves it. Perhaps i should have listened to the sales lady when she strongly stated that i was just "TOO YOUNG" to appreciate this perfume.

on 6/16/2009 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I must confess that I have not purchased this scent. When I worked at Sephora, I had to make fragrance samples for customers and sometimes some of the fragrance landed on me instead of in the little container. One day as I was smelling myself, I thought, "Gee, something smells good." It was me!!! I have a small bottle of Coco which I don't especially enjoy. Coco Mademoiselle, in my mind, is entirely different. It is spicy but there is a feminine sweetness to it which is very memorable and distinctive. So many modern fragrance do not stand out in the crowd or stand up to the test of time. I volunteer at a local hospice and one of my fellow volunteers paid me a back handed compliment one day. She said that she told her daughter that she didn't know why Louise (me or moi) always smelled so good until she remembered that I worked at Sephora. Believe it or not, it was the Coco Mademoiselle. I think that it is chic, sophisticated, and modern. I will definitely purchase this one for my collection.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a spicy floral on me, sweet but sexy. It has a definite aura to it, a sort of mystery swirling around the intense scent. I didn't realize that this was the smell I was looking for for winter until I sprayed it, and I immediately knew that it was going to be my winter HG. I like it more than Chance, which is sort of monotonous on me.

Do not OD on the application, or you will end up with a headache.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I like Coco Mademoiselle, but I do think this is a "young" perfume and not as sophisticated as some of the more old skool Chanel fragrances. I can still pull off young for a few more years and I enjoy wearing this for fun, but not all the time. The dry down reminds me a lot, and I mean a lot, of Flowerbomb (a tidbit- one of the creators of Flowerbomb is the son of the creator of Coco Mademoiselle), not entirely gourmande but close. In fact, people sometimes think I am wearing Flowerbomb when I wear this. Is it my body chemistry? One thing I love when smelling it on myself is that there is a note that reminds me of the effervescence of champagne...it smells "bubbly" and this bubbly note is what sets it apart from Flowerbomb for my nose.
I think Coco Mademoiselle is a cute perfume. Not for hardcore perfume addicts but nice. I think it is also a good neutral scent if you are in a situation (job interview, funeral) where you want to smell nice but do not want an aggressive or overly sexy perfume. The staying power of the EDP is also the best I have had in any Chanel perfume, one spray lasts all day (whereas I put on Cristalle, my one true love, two or three times). I think just for convenience I will rebuy (I have the edp and the cute purse twist edts) as this fragrance is versatile, even if everybody wears it where I am. If you have the cash, this is a good fragrance to have in the arsenal, but it may not be in HG territory for everyone.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Gorgeous scent what more can I say? I love sweet scents like britneys, beyonces, pink sugar all of that stuff n I don't like anything too mature n strong and I think coco mademoiselle is that perfect step up from smelling like a bag of sweets to smelling more mature but not mature like an older woman more of a young lady. It smells sweet but a clean sweet smell not a sickly over the top vanilla smell. The best way to describe the smell is basically Soap&Glory in perfume form cus their products smell very similar to CM, hope this helps!!

on 3/28/2012 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is one of my favourite perfumes. I bought the EDP and one spritz lasts all day. It's not overly flowery and sweet. I love this during winter, but for warmer months, I don't like how it smells on me.

on 11/9/2011 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wearing this makes me feel sooo sexy!

Im awful at describing smells but the closest I can get is a sharp musky oriental? Ok I said I was awful

Its so damn sexy it should be sold as an aphrodisiac (for me anyway!) I love the way the perfume lasts and you can smell it in your hair and clothes the next day

Sex in a bottle!