CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

4.3

on 6/13/2018 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my #1 migraine inducer, probably due to the patchouli. Be careful if you're prone to headaches from scents. Sorry to be a party pooper!

I usually dont write reviews about anything unless Im extremely satisfied or dissatisfied about it.
Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Parfum Im really not happy about it.
First of all, the smell is not nice at all. It smells like acetone mixed with floor disinfectant and probably thats what it is. I got this bottle as a gift so many times, I had like 4 200 ml bottles of this stuff that was opened, and I didnt know what to do with all of it. So i finally persuaded myself that its nice and that I should use it. After all, its Chanel.
I used it for a couple of weeks. Sprayed it all over myself everyday in hopes that the bottles would finish quickly. What I didnt know was that the perfume was giving me a severe neurotoxic reaction and I didnt realize about it until now.
It is a real neurotoxin. It made me feel extremely irritated and agitated immediately after smelling it. I also had strange anger outbursts that came from nowhere. I had asthma like symptoms and severe rhinitis. This is not a placebo because once i stopped using the perfume everything was fine.
But then one day I totally forgot and started using Coco Mademoiselle again and I got a reaction again.
I used many other fragrances but none gave me this severe reaction.
In my opinion, it is a very expensive perfume that smells awful and is harmful. Totally not worth it.

I'm honestly so disappointed with this. When I see Chanel I think high end designer, with extraordinairy styles and pushing the limits. When simply looking at the bottle I am disappointed with the look of it. Because it is Chanel however I did purchase the 250ml which then became my worst regret because the fragrance itself vanishes within an hour. I thought it was just me not smelling it anymore so I asked a friend if she can smell anything on me and she then said it smells like nothing. Not Chanel quality in my opinion.

on 5/28/2014 10:39:00 PM

I knew this was a favourite on MUA so when I saw the tester bottle at the beauty boutique at Shoppers I just spritzed some of the EDT on my wrist and went about my shopping, and driving to different stores, running errands. I kept thinking, what is that god awful dryer sheet, bathroom deodorant, old fart smell invading my nostrils everywhere I go? I felt lightheaded and nauseated. It wasn't until I got home that I realized it was coming from me! From my wrist. With Chanel Mademoiselle on it. And nothing else. I'm sure for the right chemistry it would be amazing. But I'm about to get sick. I'm going to wash it off right now but decided to swing by MUA on my way to the bathroom. I'm no hater but this is the worst scent I've ever had on in my life.
UPDATE: I've washed my entire arms 4 times with different soaps, and it's still there as strong as ever - it keeps wafting into my nose and ruining my mood and making me sick. In sheer desperation I even tried soaking my arm in mouthwash! Then I cleaned them with rubbing alcohol - that seemed to make it worse. Whaa?? I can't get my favourite scents to last more than 30 minutes on me, and this one is clinging like a cheap dress! I now TOTALLY understand what people who have sensitivities to scents feel like - make it stop!!

on 4/3/2013 1:13:00 PM

This smells exactly like a blast of chemical bug spray on me. It shrieks. I thought I was going to pass out! Anyway, glad I don't like it - found out that Chanel does in fact test on animals.

on 12/29/2012 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My friend was raving about this so while in ulta I sprayed myself with it, I quickly regretted it. It smelled like earth. Like sap, pine, grass, dirt, bark; u name it. It smelled like someone took a whole forrest, put it in a blender and liquefied it and poured it in a bottle. I had to finish my errands with this junk on me and it was giving me a headache. yet another high end fail.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I first smelled this on those little strips of paper used for sampling the fragrance. I fell in love with the soft, classic and not-too-girly scent.

I bought the EDT version and this is considered a bad purchase. It just doesn't work well with my body chemistry. I sprayed 2 spritzes on my decollatage and although it lasted a full day, it was sharp and offensive to me and people who were close enough to smell it. I noticed my colleague who shared a lift with me subtly using her finger to cover her nose. I was in the train when a guy next to me discreetly moved to the other side. I had never experienced such forms of being ostracized and was definitely placed in an uncomfortable mood.

Still, I wanted to find something to love about this fragrance given all the positive reviews about it. I tried it a second and third time, sometimes on clothes, sometimes on my skin, and each time I have this perfume on, people shun me. It was just too synthetic-smelling and overwhelming.

Finally for the sake of my social life, I decided this has to go. Now I am back to my trusted Bvlgari Rose Essentielle and Paul Smith Rose. These work great on me and I am back to having some instances where strangers would comment on my perfume smelling gorgeous.

on 9/15/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is one of those scents that make me feel sick and gives me some bad headache. I usually fall in love with scents that have vanilla as a base but thisone truly is an epic fail for me. Though I must say that the staying power is great and I love the bottle. But this smells so heavy and "powdery", they obviously carried the white musk to the excess with thisone, I think this is something for the older ladies, despite the word "Mademoiselle" in it. Im my opinion highly overrated but Im glad for those who like it.

on 7/24/2009 11:45:00 AM

I was so excited to try this based on all the wonderful reviews and finally took the plunge and bought the gift set from Sephora.com. It smelled delicious when I sprayed it in the air. But my body chemistry did not work with this and when I wore it I smelled like our local Goodwill store - musty and old. What a bummer. I tried again the next day & I had to scrub with baby wipes to get the smell off - it gave me a vicious headache. I will stick with my standby Chanel Chance.
Boo Hoo

Sophisticated? Coco Mademoiselle is the artificial, ubiquitous berry of cheap candy syrup, mixed with hairspray (circa Aquanet). There is no development and very little detectable vetiver or bourbon vanilla. The scent is utterly juvenile, though it is also juicy, happy, and even charming, initially. Unfortunately, after the drydown it just smells like it's trying too hard to be vivacious.

Popular Fragrances