CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

4.2

I really don’t care for Coco Mademoiselle, but INTENSE is something altogether different. I smell alot of vanilla and patchouli. It’s a grown-up scent and has great lasting power. It wouldn’t be my “go-to” everyday scent, but it’s good for nighttime and an occasion. Ladylike and sophisticated.

on 8/10/2018 8:57:00 PM

FRAUD
This product is a fraud and its marketing based on lies.

It has the same "look" as the standard Coco Mademoiselle but now has "Intense' added to it. Implying a lot more.
It is not intense at all. Its fragrance is 70% less compared to the standard Mademoiselle which I have used for 20 years. Also the 'Intense" loses it flagrance after 30 minutes or so. I called Coco Chanel HO and only got more rubbish arguments poured over me. A dead-end.

Do not but the "intense". It is rubbish. Go for the Standard Mademoiselle perfume.

on 4/21/2018 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this flanker to Coco Mademoiselle. It was described as a deeper and richer version of CM so I bought a bottle. When first sprayed I had to look at the bottle because it was Coco Mademoiselle with no hint that it would evolve into something that would become a Chanel classic. I knew the top notes (mostly citrus - grapefruit) would dissipate in a few minutes and the mid or heart notes would appear. The heart notes are supposedly floral - jasmine, orange blossom and tuberose - were very soft and too far in the background to have any real presence. I was hoping the base notes of patchouli, tonka bean, musk and sandalwood would bring out the heart notes making Coco Mademoiselle Intense more than a slightly different version of Coco Mademoiselle. After 30 minutes nothing had changed and the scent was starting to fade. I sprayed Coco Mademoiselle on one wrist and the "Intense" version on the other wrist. The only exception was there was less citrus in the "Intense". I know perfumers add aromatic compounds to fragrance to extend the scent life. Eau De Parfum is supposed to contain between 10 - 20% of the aromatic compound and I would guess the "Intense" is about 10% considering how quickly it fades on well moisturized skin. (Eau De Toilette is between 5 - 20%). I do know there are several factors that can alter the scent of a perfume. Things such as foods that are eaten, medications, bath soap and the chemistry of your skin. Hopefully Chanel will come out with a CM Intense lotion or body cream to help the longevity of the perfume. I don't believe in over-powering perfume but I do want it to be noticeable to more than just myself and only if I sniff my wrist. The bottle I bought came from Chanel as I buy only authentic fragrances. I want to point out this is on MY SKIN and the scent could be different on your skin. Have a SCENTsational day!

Well, I finally stopped by Macy's on Sunday and tested CMI. As many reviewers have said, it is very close to CM EdP. The biggest difference is that the citrus has been toned down in the Intense formulation, and that makes it a bit smoother (and thus much more acceptable to my nose). At least that is the main difference as far as I am concerned. I cannot tease out notes of amber, tonka, vanilla, or even rose, but I could identify it blindfolded as CM. Personally, I like it more than CM EdP simply because the citrus is so much less stringent.

Re performance, projection and sillage are very good. Longevity seems to be quite good, too. For the price point, it is a good fragrance with better than average performance. In fact, it out performs my recently purchased Frederic Malle fragrances by a mile. (Make of that what you will.)

However, if I wanted to recommend a Chanel fragrance to someone, excluding the exclusives, I would recommend both Coco EdT and Coco EdP over any version of Mademoiselle. Mademoiselle is certainly a nice fragrance, but there are so many nicer fragrances from which to choose. It is worth testing in any case.

Fragrance: 7/10

Projection: 8/10

Sillage: 8/10

Longevity: 8/10

( Mar27 2018 )

I was excited to see a new Chanel Coco product in a local store , marketed as “ Coco Mlle Intense” . This was intriguing since I wear Coco now and have worn her sister Coco Mlle in years past , along with Allure
( my all time favorite ) .

A few years ago when Coco Noir came out , I felt rather confused with what Chanel was trying to create or achieve . It was a pleasant fragrance to me , but just did not make enough of an olfactory statement to justify the hefty price . I was not wowed enough , and I also found it to have very little projection . Usually a Chanel product creates a mental impression within a couple of minutes after dry down. And usually a Chanel product gives ME an impression of something top drawer , masterfully done , extremely sophisticated and bears qualities of a time less classic .( I have problems when people call a fragrance dated because the most exquisite masterpieces in the Louvre or in the Mart Museum are “dated “ . They are the best of the best and invoke a sense of awe in the viewer’s senses.

I held my breath with anticipation as I waited to see the result of a few sprays of Coco Mlle INTENSE , the new flanker . I had a positive initial reaction , then walked around the mall and waited to make a personal judgement . As the day wore on , I could smell my arm with the new fragrance and decided within an hour I would break the bank for a bottle ( about $150 ) .

Why is it worth it ? It makes a distinct CHANEL impression of something classic, sophisticated and well constructed .It is feminine, softly spicy , does not scream “VANILLA extract “ generic smell . It is expensive because it is so well crafted and Chanel does not scrimp on the ingredients . This is one that will never go out of style , and I predict it will be very well received .

Ilove the fact that it is not a vanilla sugar bomb , and that it is a soft oriental spice . I also LOVE the fact that it has some definite projection and impressive lasting power . It will get just the right amount of attention without blasting loudly . Chanel has created a winner ! It is ( once again ) sophisticated , intriguing , softly spicy and is perfect for a woman who comes across as an intelligent creature who does not need to grovel or scream or walk partially nude in public in desperation for attention .

I rarely splurge over $ 125 .00 for a fragrance , but this ( like Allure and Coco EDP ) is worth the money and a bottle will be quite long lasting ( like the other Chanels I own ) and it will not be a classic women will enjoy thirty years from now .

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my favorite mainstream perfume. I used to think I hated patchouli, but what a fool I was. The patch isn't super-obvious in Coco Mademoiselle, but I pick it up, and it gives the perfume extra depth that makes it interesting and keeps it from smelling like just another generic floriental perfume. The lasting power of the EdP is phenomenal on my skin, and of course the bottle is beyond beautiful. I used up an entire bottle, so I am wanting to replace it when I have the money.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Coco Mademoiselle has orange,orange blossoms,rose,vanilla.
Passed by a lady & she smelled so wonderful...Her perfume was flowers so I gave her a perfume compliment,she said her perfume was Coco Mademoiselle...I bought the littlest bottle they make...it smells like orange blossoms,roses & vanilla to me...Ladies that like pretty,fancy perfumes may love Coco Mademoiselle...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Long term fan of Chanel Coco and I love it for fancy nights when I am going to go out. Gorgeous perfume and I get so many compliments while using it.

on 4/26/2016 8:59:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this fragrance. I have been wearing it since it was introduced. I get a zillion compliments every day when I wear it....great sillage and to me, for me, it is heavenly! Any fragrance, is only as good as the person wearing it---I have been in love with anothers perfume....then I try it---and it smells like bugs spray on me!!! It all depends on the wearer's body chemistry...and that's that!

on 1/21/2016 7:13:00 AM

I was given this lovely perfume as a gift. I had not used it before but admired it on others.
I am one of those fortunate people whose skin does not alter the scent, so I really enjoy wearing it, any time.
However, I am disappointed at the lack of staying power it has! I have to be VERY generous with it before I can smell it on myself (i,e, my wrists) half an hour later. And no one has EVER commented or asked what perfume I am wearing. So, whilst I like it very much, I would let someone else buy it for me, but would be loath to spend my own money on a scent with such poor lasting power.

Popular Fragrances