CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

Filtered by age: 44-55
CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

on 1/11/2019 11:53:00 AM

This review is for the original Coco Mademoiselle EDP, not the "Intense" version. A bastion of the fragrance world since its birth in 2001, Coco Mad took the radical juxtapositions in Thierry Mugler's Angel (bright citrus, sweet pralines, and funky patchouli) and made them much prettier and more digestible. Coco Mad is impeccably clean, right down to its white patchouli that is soothing, cooling, and fresh but never dirty or armpit-like. It is gorgeous from the neroli-bergamot start, through the jasmine-rose-praline heart, right down to the vetiver-patchouli finish. You WILL smell good and it WILL last all day.

Unique when it first emerged, Coco Mad has been copied and riffed on by so many other fragrance houses with their gourmand/floral/fruitchoulis that it no longer feels like a fresh idea at all. But this stuff was AMAZING to our noses in 2001. Nothing like it had ever been marketed.

I hate that I love Coco Mad. I want to oppose it on principle, for many reasons: because it is so incredibly popular and overplayed, because of the silly Chanel markup, and because it is so very modern and clean and I'm more of an animalic feral vintage fragrance lover who wants to be quirky and unique. However, one simply cannot deny how wonderful this stuff smells. It's aromatherapeutic and so sexy. I'm gonna wear it in spite of myself!

on 4/11/2018 11:30:00 PM

I cannot wear regular CM, even though it smells wonderful on others. Yet the Intense version wears well on me. I detect the patchouli and vanilla. This imparts a warm and comforting scent and seems wearable year round.

on 3/26/2018 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

First I am not a fan of the edp..I had it in my collection, but didn't like it much...anyhow, truth is I really like this version, so I can't say they are exactly the same..they are not..you don't have to like edp to like Intense..lIntense is more rounded, less sharp, the citrus is tone down, and the florals aren't so sharp..maybe I will add Intense isnt as unique as the edp..the dry down is a beautiful gourmand with hints of a creamy vanilla and warm citrus..so easy to like..it will be more a crowd pleaser than the edp..for me though, it works perfect...Polge did good on that one..it isn't extraordinary unique, but it certainly smells great, with a trace of the Chanel DNA.

I love coco madamoiselle and this new addition is absolutely amazing. Truer to the original formula from 2001 to my nose and very long lasting. Very similar to edp, less citrus top notes but the same delicious madamoiselle dry down just more intense and long lasting. I love the edt, edp and the intense, they all have a place in my collection.

on 2/25/2018 11:04:00 PM

i stumbled upon this in the store today wanting to spray on Coco.... but saw this and not knowing what it was exactly gave it a try.

this may be the best perfume ive ever smelled in my life

its floral its oriental its sweet but not too so its spicy and some sandalwood in there and it smells rich it smells like being on a mountainside in montecarlo on a starry summer night with you being a goddess movie star in a black and white movie

when i later googled i found out its just been released see? it called out to me with its psychic powers....

on 12/3/2017 1:19:00 PM

I so very much wanted to like this. But it's too sweet.
If it was more powdery, or fresher...
It has something in it that smells nice but it's hidden behind everything else.
I find it gives me dizzyness and a bit of a headache.
They say the Velvet Body Oil smells much better, so I'm going to try that.
UPDATE
I tried the Velvet Body Oil and it's amazing. Everything I wanted to like about Coco Mademoiselle edp and couldn't is there. I tried this after reading about it in boisdejasmin.com. Good tip! 5 lipsticks for the oil!

This is my most favourite perfume ever and I have over a hundred in my collection. I always go back to this one, it's definitely my hg. The combination of notes just mix beautifly to produce a sexy, sensuous trail that I can't even begin to describe. Never fails to get compliments and I also love smelling it on others. So what if everyone wears it, that proves it's a wonderful fragrance and I still believe it smells slightly different on everyone. I have the edt and edp and find the edt sits better on my skin for some reason. Would love to purchase the pure parfum, definitely on my wish list. I believe this is suitable for women of all ages, it's classic Chanel and makes you feel pretty and feminine wearing it regardless of age. Will always have a bottle of this in my collection

on 3/15/2016 12:36:00 AM

Bought this fragrance because of the nice reviews from some You Tube bloggers and the sample I got from the Chanel counter. I found it sexy and fresh. When I first spray it, I find it a bit too strong and sharp, but after around half an hour, it turns into a delicately fresh and citrus undertone that lasts a long time. A dazzlingly feminine and joyful floral fragrance.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love the smell but i cant wear it more than 1 hour cause i get a headache

on 7/3/2015 12:39:00 PM

I tried this Perfume in a department store and was impressed with how long it lasted and even my Husband noticed and said I smelt nice, It lasted a good few hours so I decided to buy a Bottle and although it still smells lovely it seems weak compared to the tester. It only lasts about an hour on me and then I have to top up, So I am really disappointed with this and can only think that the testers are made stronger to entice people to buy or maybe I have just got too used to it. I find if I spray on my clothes it lasts a bit longer. I still love it though.