Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

Filtered by age: 44-55
Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
Coco MademoiselleCoco MademoiselleCoco Mademoiselle

on 6/20/2017 11:07:00 AM

While Coco Mad undeniably smells terrific, it also smells generic. It's perhaps the most popular and well-done of the hundreds of Angel-inspired fruitchoulis of the '00s and '10s. It's the scent of every upscale cosmetics counter in every upscale mall across America: a citrusy praline floral with a highly sanitized patchouli base that just screams luxury and cleanliness.

Four lippies for the quality and deliciousness of the scent; one lippie off because it's just not that distinctive anymore, if it ever was.

Which is not to say that I don't wear it and love it; I do. I have a 3.4 oz EDP that gets regular play in my fragrance wardrobe. I never fail to get compliments on it. People sometimes recognize it for what it is; other times, they ask if it's La Vie Est Belle or Angel Muse or Euphoria, all of which have a similar structure, although I think Coco Mad beats them all. Coco Mad is impeccably clean, sexy, and appealing. It would never be in the running as my signature scent, though. I tend to prefer my more distinctive vintage fragrances for that honor-- they challenge the nose a bit more, and I like that.

This is my most favourite perfume ever and I have over a hundred in my collection. I always go back to this one, it's definitely my hg. The combination of notes just mix beautifly to produce a sexy, sensuous trail that I can't even begin to describe. Never fails to get compliments and I also love smelling it on others. So what if everyone wears it, that proves it's a wonderful fragrance and I still believe it smells slightly different on everyone. I have the edt and edp and find the edt sits better on my skin for some reason. Would love to purchase the pure parfum, definitely on my wish list. I believe this is suitable for women of all ages, it's classic Chanel and makes you feel pretty and feminine wearing it regardless of age. Will always have a bottle of this in my collection

on 3/15/2016 12:36:00 AM

Bought this fragrance because of the nice reviews from some You Tube bloggers and the sample I got from the Chanel counter. I found it sexy and fresh. When I first spray it, I find it a bit too strong and sharp, but after around half an hour, it turns into a delicately fresh and citrus undertone that lasts a long time. A dazzlingly feminine and joyful floral fragrance.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love the smell but i cant wear it more than 1 hour cause i get a headache

on 7/3/2015 12:39:00 PM

I tried this Perfume in a department store and was impressed with how long it lasted and even my Husband noticed and said I smelt nice, It lasted a good few hours so I decided to buy a Bottle and although it still smells lovely it seems weak compared to the tester. It only lasts about an hour on me and then I have to top up, So I am really disappointed with this and can only think that the testers are made stronger to entice people to buy or maybe I have just got too used to it. I find if I spray on my clothes it lasts a bit longer. I still love it though.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Ladies...this perfume..not the Eau de Toliet....is SHEER LUX! I received the perfume and lotion combo for mother's day, and I feel like a queen! This is NOT a cheap fragrance,,,,so use sparingly. A Dab will do you anyway, Chanel has hit the mark with this one! It is sure to become a classic, along with their No5!

on 3/23/2015 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

At last count, I have 16 different perfumes and if I had to struggle on with just one - this would be it. I am addicted to the refillable gorgeous and classy white eau de parfum twist and spray packs and am on my third. It goes with me everywhere - from big night outs in my evening bag to holidaying overseas to a camping treat. Cannot be without it for a quick pick me up and the instant feelgood factor. Not negotiable and am going to be in real trouble when I can't afford it any more..........

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Tested Coco Mademoiselle, once again, magically hoping drydown would be similar to the first spritz.

Top notes are a sophisticated, feminine, citrusy floral. Stunning. Drydown; however, is another story. I begin to smell the patchouli more, and more. As the patch comes forth, I can smell it overriding the citrusy floral. This stunning fragrance dries down to a dirty hippie smell. SO disappointed.

If I could find a fragrance similar to Coco Mademoiselle, minus the patch, or at least much less patch, would be so happy.

Rating this with two lippies because top and middle notes bode well with my body chemistry.

on 10/6/2014 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

One reason I'm glad that the weather in my area is getting cooler is that I can start wearing Coco Mademoiselle again. It's too heavy for wearing in hot weather but is just right for the cooler months. It amazes me that there are so many seemingly disparate fragrance notes, but it's so well blended that it melts into my skin. I've had people tell me that I smell expensive when wearing this fragrance (they're right, LOL!). It has a very long dry-down when layered with the matching (and equally expensive) lotion, and can last from morning to late evening.

on 5/28/2014 10:39:00 PM

I knew this was a favourite on MUA so when I saw the tester bottle at the beauty boutique at Shoppers I just spritzed some of the EDT on my wrist and went about my shopping, and driving to different stores, running errands. I kept thinking, what is that god awful dryer sheet, bathroom deodorant, old fart smell invading my nostrils everywhere I go? I felt lightheaded and nauseated. It wasn't until I got home that I realized it was coming from me! From my wrist. With Chanel Mademoiselle on it. And nothing else. I'm sure for the right chemistry it would be amazing. But I'm about to get sick. I'm going to wash it off right now but decided to swing by MUA on my way to the bathroom. I'm no hater but this is the worst scent I've ever had on in my life.
UPDATE: I've washed my entire arms 4 times with different soaps, and it's still there as strong as ever - it keeps wafting into my nose and ruining my mood and making me sick. In sheer desperation I even tried soaking my arm in mouthwash! Then I cleaned them with rubbing alcohol - that seemed to make it worse. Whaa?? I can't get my favourite scents to last more than 30 minutes on me, and this one is clinging like a cheap dress! I now TOTALLY understand what people who have sensitivities to scents feel like - make it stop!!

Popular Fragrances