Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner

Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner

3.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This eyeliner is freaky. I had the most bizarre experience. But first of all, I'll discuss the packaging. I'm not a fan of the applicator. I don't have a lot of lid space because my eyes are semi-hooded, so I found this marker thing to be obnoxiously large, lol. I don't really see the point of it. And also I literally couldn't see the point - it's so big that I couldn't really see what I was doodling on my peekers. It just seems gimmicky and unnecessary. It was very hard to be precise. The product also dried out really fast, even though I kept the lid on tight at all times.

But this is where it gets weird. I found that applying it to my eyelids was like trying to write on regular plastic with a dry-erase marker, you know what I mean? It just kind of separated and stuck to itself in tiny little globs of ink. Beyond patchy. Beyond uneven. It was just strange. I couldn't seem to layer more on top of itself either to get more pigment to stick, because then it just got thick and flaked off. I don't have exceptionally oily eyelids by any means, I didn't have a primer or eyeshadow already on, and my moisturizer had already completely soaked in. So either I just have weird alien skin or I got a bad batch, whatever it is I wouldn't try this again.

on 9/5/2016 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got this in a birch box a while back used it twice for cat lining and regular lining on my upper lid and it didn't work well for me. The color is a great true black and application is precise and one of easiest liners as far as control goes. Unfortunately even with lid primer it devolved into a hot mess within 30 minutes and I looked like a really sad panda. I threw it into the dead makeup box and forgot about it. I've since revisited it and found that this makes a fantastic tight liner when dotted on the lash line and for whatever reason stays put when applied this way. It's still useless for me for a dramatic look but for a natural full lash every day look this is great on both upper and lower lash lines and even holds better on my water line than a pencil if it has time to set properly. I'd definitely buy another when this is gone.

on 8/9/2016 7:09:00 PM

This eyeliner is best for the thicker eyeliner look. You can use the tip of the liner to create a thinner look. It is very pigmented and lasts all day. The eyeliner stays in place all day.

This is a great eyeliner for a classic cat eye. As someone who sports this look everyday of their life I can honestly say that I am reaching for this product a lot because it is so great! The application is easy and the felt tip style is really helpful to a shaky hand. I would highly recommend this product as a staple eyliner.

on 6/2/2016 4:06:00 PM

I wear liquid eyeliner on the top of my lids every day and I have used a couple that I like but I am always on the lookout for the perfect one. I got the Eyeko Fat Eyeliner in a Birchbox and I like the rich color and ease of application with this eyeliner but the way it is packaged, I cannot open it without getting it on my hand! Maybe if the cap was longer or it was a screw top it would open easier. I suggest the repackage it and if they do, I would buy it.

on 5/6/2016 5:21:00 PM

I was really surprised that this was rated 3/5. I really like this eyeliner. It is EXTREMELY easy to use and basically fool proof. The pigment is nice and rich and it hasn't dried out (which was a big problem with their thinner eyeliners). I love using this when I am in a hurry.

It stays on really well (all day). It is not water proof, so if you cry and then rub your eyes, expect this to smudge.

For the price, the rich pigment, and how easy it is to use, this is a great choice.

on 4/15/2016 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm used to using a small brush tip (Kat Von D) to apply liquid liner so this "fat" tip was a bit challenging at first. Maybe it's just my application but the line was not smooth at all. The edges were very squiggly. It's not nearly as opaque as I'd like it to be. I had to apply two layers to get a deep black line. The lasting power is nothing to write home about either. I applied this in the morning and by lunchtime it was starting to fade and I had a little bit of black on the inner corner of my eyes. I don't want to know how this liner would behave in high heat and humidity. I've tried this liner several times now and each time it hasn't lived up to the performance of my Kat Von D liner. I like to try different products, but now I know this one doesn't work for me.

There are a lot of things to like about this eyeliner -- it's got a no-nonsense, bold feel. I love the packaging. Once you get over the mental hurdle of using what feels like a magic marker on your beloved eyelids, it's a smooth application. Although there's a slightly troublesome smudge potential -- it's one of those eyeliners where you can't blink until it dries or you'll transfer it to your brow bone -- ugh.

It's a very particular, thick and bold black. It's its own *look.* And I wasn't really into the look, for myself. Partly because I mostly rely on dark brown or espresso-colored liners and much of my make-up is chosen to match that. If Eyeko added more colors, I'd revisit the idea of purchasing another of these.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Keep in mind that my eyelids are a bit oily (though I use a primer), but this stuff smeared like crazy on me. It applied nicely and I was able to get a nice flick with it, but it smeared within a few hours. By the end of the day, I had black smears all over my eyelid. I've never had that happen before with any kind of eyeliner (pen, gel, etc.).

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

To me this is one of those novelty products. It's a fat, felt tipped eyeliner pen, that's all. I received it in my Birchbox and, honestly, I was like "oh no, not a felt eyeliner pen" because I really dislike them (mainly because they tend to dry out quickly). The product actually applied easily and well enough, but there is just nothing special about it to me that would make me start purchasing it over any other eyeliner I currently use, and I prefer pencils.